• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Denon AVC-X6700H VS Marantz CINEMA 40

GurvanBHC

Hello, I'm new to the forum, so hello everyone.

What do you think between the Denon AVC-X6700H and the MARANTZ CINEMA 40/50?

I think of using a power amp from "Audiophonics" for the center and the stereo.

Do you think the Marantz's 4 out subwoofer is a big deal compared to the Marantz's two? Amir recommends Denon compare to Marantz but with a front stage power amp is that still true? Or is the Marantz pre-out not great anyway?

(I will have with the Denon 2 subwoofer with 2 Dayton um18 Ultimax per subwoofer, or 4 subwoofer with 1 Dayton um18 Ultimax per subwoofer if I take the Marantz.)

Thank you very much in advance.

ban25

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'd easily take the Marantz (50 or 40). It's 2.5 years newer than the X6700H, lots more HDMI 2.1 ports, upgradable to Dirac Live in just a couple months, and includes a modernized high-resolution OSD (compared to the ancient 480p one on the X6700H). Don't worry about Amir's reviews or recommendations.

OP
GurvanBHC

GurvanBHC

I'd easily take the Marantz (50 or 40). It's 2.5 years newer than the X6700H, lots more HDMI 2.1 ports, upgradable to Dirac Live in just a couple months, and includes a modernized high-resolution OSD (compared to the ancient 480p one on the X6700H). Don't worry about Amir's reviews or recommendations.
Thank you for your response

delta76

Major Contributor
If you are already using external amps, why not x3800h?

Dac performance will more or less same as marantz. Feature wise comparable and much much cheaper, and you don't have to wait

OP
GurvanBHC

GurvanBHC

Dac performance will more or less same as marantz. Feature wise comparable and much much cheaper, and you don't have to wait
I didn't know that the x3800h also had Dirac Live via an update. It's amazing at this price. And a management of 4 subwoofers. Thank you very much for your suggestion

OP
GurvanBHC

GurvanBHC

I think i will go with :

- Denon X3800h
- x1 Audiophonics HPA-T400ET 3 channel amp
- x2 Focal Aria 926
- x1 Focal inwall 300 IWLCR6 (for the center, in a DIY box, since the Aria serie’s use MTM design and this is not a good design for the center from what i’ve read)
- x4 Focal 300 IW6
- x4 Focal 300 ICW8
- x4 Dayton audio um-18 Ultimax (sealed)
- x1 Behringer NX4-6000

Top Bottom