• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Neumann KH 150 Monitor Review

Rate this studio monitor

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 43 8.4%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 463 91.0%

• Total voters

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Hi everyone - I've just got the KH-150 and it sounds wonderful even before I have done the MA-1 magic. Only problem is, I cannot seem to get anything from the Neumann Downloads site even after registering my KH-150 and MA-1. It's like some kind of dystopian hell (in fact the product registration page would only work on Safari and not Chrome). Has anyone had the same problem? I'm pulling my hair out here. Thank you!
Any more impressions about the sound?
Thanks

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
After registered, with your user name and password, go to this link to download the software:

But, yes, non registered download section isn't working currently. Maybe they are performing maintenance.

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I want to know what the difference is between KH150 and KH310 in intermediate frequency. Who is better suited to music? I like sounds that are natural and resistant to hearing, and I don't like sounds that tire my ears.
Look at the level if distortion in the mids using multitone signals.

gino1961

Neumann says that if you use the 750 with a pair of 150's you need to use two 750's.
HI very interesting Do they tell also why maybe?
This is a very important point
I hope that is a statement not driven by sales Of course not they are German
I saw an interesting report on behavior of people from different countries
The Germans were the most uncomfortable in telling lies
I was amazed by that
In some parts of my country people seem to experience a strange pleasure when they lie
Especially politicians

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
I was amazed by that
In some parts of my country people seem to experience a strange pleasure when they lie
Especially politicians
But what if the person that made that report also lied?

Eetu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I was amazed by that
Especially politicians
You just have to simply look at the max SPL of 150 vs 750, no need to call anyone a liar.. :D

mj30250

Yup, the 150s can go louder and with lower distortion than a single KH 750. You pick up an additional 20Hz or so of extension by slotting in a 750, but above that the 750 can't keep up. It's a lot to pay for what mostly amounts to a bit more extension. There are much less expensive subs that are a more capable match to the 150s, but of course you lose out on full MA 1 correction in that case so would be on your own when integrating them.

Something like a revised KH 810 with DSP would be worth a look.

gino1961

You just have to simply look at the max SPL of 150 vs 750, no need to call anyone a liar.. :D
HI true But I really need to know if an optimum crossing frequency between the 150 and 750 do exist
Because i guess that when used with the 750 the 150 are cut in the low range
I mean the 150 are not used full range for sure

gino1961

Yup, the 150s can go louder and with lower distortion than a single KH 750. You pick up an additional 20Hz or so of extension by slotting in a 750, but above that the 750 can't keep up. It's a lot to pay for what mostly amounts to a bit more extension. There are much less expensive subs that are a more capable match to the 150s, but of course you lose out on full MA 1 correction in that case so would be on your own when integrating them.

Something like a revised KH 810 with DSP would be worth a look.
Yes but a combination of 150+750 could become competitive with midfield monitors
Maybe it could surpass the performance of the 310 and approaching even that of the 420

Last edited:

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Neumann says that if you use the 750 with a pair of 150's you need to use two 750's.
Really? Where did they say that? And was it a specific use case or context? Matching SPL capabilities?

Last edited:

HQY

tuga

Major Contributor
Cause my room volume (one of the most significant aspects in far field) falls between the last two of the chart.
Somewhere between 40.000 and 80.000 euros to tell things by their name.
Can't you move? It might be the cheaper option...

Mat1

Who says that? One KH 750 DSP limits system SPL for both KH 150 and KH 310. It does not limit system SPL when used with a pair of KH 120 and enhances it with a pair of KH 80.

Thanks I was going from what was said in the Neumann video.

A popular and frequently recommended combination is to add a single KH 750 to the 310s so maybe in practise it is not such an issue? I believe Neumann themselves recommend this combination. Just seems a bit strange that this would apply to the 150 and not the 310.

Sokel

Master Contributor
Can't you move? It might be the cheaper option...
I'll be laughing forever with this,thanks!

(truth is that I'd want big speakers even if I was in the 1/4 of the room volume and against anything that would say that is wrong,I'm addicted to generous mid-bass :) )

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Just seems a bit strange that this would apply to the 150 and not the 310.
Of course it applies to the KH310, too. What is so hard to understand about the limits of the KH750?

gino1961

It's strange that they would recommend it with the KH310 but not the KH150 when like you said the limits are the same.
if the KH750 are good up to 750 they could work even with the kh80
to see them just as a sub is ungenerous to them They can take care of the very low bass and the mid bass very well like any great 10"

Top Bottom