• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

GR Research B24 AC Cord Review

Rate this AC Cable

• 1. Waste of money (piggy bank panther)

Votes: 371 95.6%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 12 3.1%

• Total voters
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I realized after the post got “flagged” for mod review I needed to find a huge “tongue in cheek” smiley since I’m a new kid on the block definitely not attempting to troll.
That flagging was just because you were one post short of threshold for when our spam filter acts on your posts. From now on, you can post anything and it won't be spam filtered or saved for moderation....

Muddywaters

Forum Donor
That flagging was just because you were one post short of threshold for when our spam filter acts on your posts. From now on, you can post anything and it won't be spam filtered or saved for moderation....
Thanks, dang you’re up late or is it early?

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I realized after the post got “flagged” for mod review I needed to find a huge “tongue in cheek” smiley since I’m a new kid on the block definitely not attempting to troll. Attempting some humor which the vein I hope it’s taken.
I thought it was a joke. Besides, we all know Hubbell plugs are the best sounding. Worth the extra money.

/;)

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I realized after the post got “flagged” for mod review I needed to find a huge “tongue in cheek” smiley since I’m a new kid on the block definitely not attempting to troll. Attempting some humor which the vein I hope it’s taken.
I regard having my posts flagged "for moderator review" on other audiophile sites as a badge of honor. And one site banned me altogether.

This site is another matter entirely.

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
I regard having my posts flagged "for moderator review" on other audiophile sites as a badge of honor. And one site banned me altogether.

This site is another matter entirely.
My claim to fame is I was banned on Facebook years ago. Maybe even twice, but I can't remember for sure. If you post anything on facebook that is not in the current for its day "politically correct" you get banned. So, I wore my banned with pride. But that is another topic for another day!

DualTriode

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Unless you confirm that this is an effect that is part of objective reality, with a decent double-blind test, then this is all just in your imagination.
Let us do a double blind test with birth control pills.

There are few exceptions no DIYers do double blind tests, ever. Be real.

Some DIYers do objective tests.

The biggest things I can measure is noise and impedance.

Hearing differences is another thing.

Thanks DT

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
There are few exceptions no DIYers do double blind tests, ever. Be real.

Thanks DT
So true. They can do it but they don't bother. You can do a reasonable at home blind test and Amir has even given the necessary info on how to do it. The Engineering side of ASR gets way, way deep into the weeds with test set up but they have to. If you are doing tests to find minute tiny differences you have to really be on top of all of the intricate details. For an at home test, not so much. But even when people are shown that it can be done with little work they still don't do it. They want to just assume their ears are extremely high precision devices. When they find that they are in fact lousy devices, they lose all interest. So not much ever gets done.

I'm talking about a home stereo setup with speakers, not headphones.

DualTriode

Does no one else get the humor in this? DIY double blind testing?

If it is double blind testing there is a room full of test subjects dialing knobs and filling out surveys and others administrating the test.

With all these people involved it can not be DIY.

Yet someone always brings up double blind testing.

Thanks DT

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
If it is double blind testing there is a room full of test subjects dialing knobs and filling out surveys and others administrating the test.
Nonsense.

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
Does no one else get the humor in this? DIY double blind testing?

With all these people involved it can not be DIY.

Yet someone always brings up double blind testing.

Thanks DT
Yup, I like to use the term blind testing. Simple in home setup can be done. Amir gave a video on it I believe. Well, it was a video or a post, I can't remember. He laid out a simple easy way for a regular person to test.

DualTriode

Nonsense.
@SIY and All,
SIY you are a man of the sheepskin, you know science, experimental design and statistics.
For reliability and validity it is all about sample size. Without statistical validity all it is Golden Ear Testing.
Thanks DT

DualTriode

Yes. And clearly you don't. That's OK, most people don't understand it either.
For the benefit of the people reading along we are speaking of the difference between objective measurements and auditable differences that normal humans can reliably identify.

As an example, If you read the Harman AES papers about preferences for speakers or headphones there is always a relatively large number of human ears required to reach a level of acceptable statistical significance.

https://www.iwh.on.ca/what-research...e considered highly statistically significant.

Now without the insults please tell us how you and your wife can accomplish this objective by yourselves in your house.

Thanks DT

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Now without the insults please tell us how you and your wife can accomplish this objective by yourselves in your house.
You didn't state the objective, the specific question to be answered, so any assumptions on experimental design and controls are useless.

DualTriode

You didn't state the objective, the specific question to be answered, so any assumptions on experimental design and controls are useless.
So I have gone from nonsense to not stating the objective.

Now you can slink away.

Thanks DT

No you can not do Double Blind at home.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
At best they are "Golden Ear Tests" without statistical significance.
What are you talking about? You by yourself can repeat an experiment enough times to have statistical power to prove or disprove what you say is audible. You don't need more than you to evaluate your claims.

If you mean the test you did applies to the whole population, then no. That would need more people but step above would get rid of vast majority of empty/wrong claims in audio.

Top Bottom