• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Portable AMP/DAC for DCA Stealth

gallionetech

Hey all,

I'm looking for a portable amp/dac that would work for the DCA Stealth. Any suggestions?

I'm leaning towards the Topping G5 atm. Just not sure as I know the DCA Stealth require a decent amount of power.

Basically just looking for something I can hook up to my iphone when im on a flight & to my laptop when im working on the go.

Thanks in advance!

staticV3

Master Contributor
OP
gallionetech

gallionetech

@staticV3 that’s sketchy lol, what do you think about the Topping G5? I see Amir used the Stealths with it in his tests. He did say there was a little bit more volume to be had at max volume. I was hoping to find something that I can keep in my laptop bag or small enough to bring on a plane so the Topping G5 was appealing.

Thanks!

someguyontheinternet

Please ignore Dan Clark's list of recommended equipment. There's some shady stuff going on there: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...k-expanse-headphone-review.37332/post-1433921

First he recommends an Amp with at least 500mW at 32Ω, then he says a $2500 DAP with 150mW at 32Ω is a good choice.

The ifi Diablo at least gets to 600mW at 32Ω (source), but considering its supposed to do 5000mW at 32Ω, not impressive.
Good to know and sadly very disappointing.

OP
gallionetech

gallionetech

Bumping this up. Does anyone know if a Topping G5 would work well here? Or if I should look for something with a bit more power

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Bumping this up. Does anyone know if a Topping G5 would work well here? Or if I should look for something with a bit more power
Looking at the Spec sheet for G5, it should be plenty powerful to drive the Stealths.
6336221.jpg

OP
gallionetech

gallionetech

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This is the handy tool that gives you rough idea on how to calculate what you need.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom