• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi Audio TB10D Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 18 7.0%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 74 28.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 135 52.5%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 30 11.7%

• Total voters

Jeromeof

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
At the risk of some common felt disappointment to you I have just read that the rca on the A07 Pro is sub par to the standard A07 but the bluetooth is supposed to be outstanding...well at best on the same scale of quality as the standard A07 RCA output. Suffice to say if the A07 Pro does dissapoint then you could always return it and maybe grab the newly revised version of the Fosi Audio TB10D. The second revision of that amp has got rave reviews from the CheapAudioMan on Youtube.
Yes, good idea thanks - if it is subpar I will definitely return it.

Though, I didn't seem any measurements of the A07 Pro - just someone opinions about the RCA on the A07 Pro in a different thread?

Schlippwhip68

Yes, good idea thanks - if it is subpar I will definitely return it.

Though, I didn't seem any measurements of the A07 Pro - just someone opinions about the RCA on the A07 Pro in a different thread?
Likewise, just someone's experience but he did put forward a detailed and somewhat qualified case which admittedly has helped put the brakes on my purchase of the A07 Pro for now. I will wait a little longer to see if any corresponding opinions arise. It's probably the same thread on here. l like yourself already have the A07 coupled with the Aiyima T6 Pro less than 2 months old and already modded so i am in no rush.

Attachments

• IMG_0601.jpeg
    IMG_0601.jpeg
    172.4 KB · Views: 131

ZC7

Oops. Ordered a used one from an Amazon seller to save a couple bucks — now concerned about getting an older version. Would sending a serial # to Fosi be the way to find out? Any other way? i gave up on previous chip amps when i wanted to update from an early 90s Rotel. Instead i now have an NCore NC252MP, ICEpower 125 ASX2SE, and an Infineon MA12070 chip-based amp. I found good system synergy for each, to my ears. This would be a toy, as i want to see how low i can go & what the SQ will be, but i want to give this the best chance, hence my concern about a dump of an old version.

Schlippwhip68

Oops. Ordered a used one from an Amazon seller to save a couple bucks — now concerned about getting an older version. Would sending a serial # to Fosi be the way to find out? Any other way? i gave up on previous chip amps when i wanted to update from an early 90s Rotel. Instead i now have an NCore NC252MP, ICEpower 125 ASX2SE, and an Infineon MA12070 chip-based amp. I found good system synergy for each, to my ears. This would be a toy, as i want to see how low i can go & what the SQ will be, but i want to give this the best chance, hence my concern about a dump of an old version.
The older version has way too much gain with very little movement using the tone controls. The whole functionality of the unit was off balance. It also sounded very noisy with a poor power supply taboot so if your unit shows any of those under engineered quality’s then yes its the older version and worth returning.

ZC7

Thanks for replying. Mine is the updated version, as it’s tone controls aren’t so ham fisted and the sound doesn’t suck. i’ve no equipment to measure other than my 63 yr old ears, which can’t seem to hear my wife half the time, and then half of what i do hear i apparently don’t listen to. Sometimes she’s talking and i find myself looking at her thinking “you’ve been with me for thirty years, how don’t you know that i zoned out five minutes ago?” Doesn’t seem to interrupt her stream. Hence my refuge in music.
That’s all hyperbole, and i’m not kidding.
Too much.
So far this little toy has been good in each system & with all my budget speakers, the best of which are Q-Acoustics 3050i “towers.” They originally struck me as a bit fat in the bass, though i refuse to f~`k with subwoofers, which is why i got them. i got used to them. I reasoned a class D amp would skim a little cream off their top. Or bottom, they’re two-way.
i haven’t tested it them yet with some mothballed Bang & Olufsen Redlines, the smallest of them, as they were my alibi for trying this. So far i can recommend this to a friend who talks to his Alexa for music and plays it on whatever mouthpiece she uses to talk back. This and some decent budget speakers will be a thousand percent petter than that. Hyperbole this time, by a little.

SuperDerpBro

Somewhere in this thread someone mentioned hard disabling the tone controls. How is this done? I just got a bunch of soldering equipment. I'd like to do this (after I've practiced soldering for a while ! heh

Honu

Hi all, Just received a TB10D and a BT30D pro, planning on connecting the 30D jack output to the 10D RCA input AND (splitter) to the subwoofer. This way i'll power my 4 speakers.
I wanted to use 30D Sub high output but my sub do not have an active input...
Can i wire the speaker directly to a 'high input" connector that i could add to the back of the sub ? Would it interfere with the internal amplifier, i mean .. would it be a problem for it ?
My Sub is a polk HTS10 (class D internal amplifier 200W if i remember correctly.

Fosi Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Somewhere in this thread someone mentioned hard disabling the tone controls. How is this done? I just got a bunch of soldering equipment. I'd like to do this (after I've practiced soldering for a while ! heh
Wow.

Honu

Yea .. i do not understand neither ... :)
Why not buying a device with no tone control then.
I got to say mine is working pretty well .. and it's working under 20V only (only power supply i got for now).
Bluetooth work as expected, i'll hook the subwoofer next week.

Blew

I received my TB10D amp and tested with a pair of Panasonic 12W outdoor speakers. They aren't audiophile quality speakers by any means, but this amp makes them sound great for what they are. It delivers far more power than the speakers need but it allows me to upgrade the speakers later.

I've paired it with a Chromecast Audio outputting analog via its internal DAC. The TB10D and Chomecast will sit in pool shed, which is separated from the house. The result is a very cheap but decent quality streaming music system for my pool area. Very happy. Now I just need to find a suitable plastic box/case/cabinet with a bit of ventilation to house them in.

I like that this thread is referenced in the product page:

McGuffin

I am looking to get about 120-150 w channel (4-ohm speakers) for my budget/workshop stereo setup. I noticed that Amir’s data demonstrates about 90 per channel w two channels driven. Do you guys know if I could use one unit per channel to get me there?

Kimbrough Xu

I received my TB10D amp and tested with a pair of Panasonic 12W outdoor speakers. They aren't audiophile quality speakers by any means, but this amp makes them sound great for what they are. It delivers far more power than the speakers need but it allows me to upgrade the speakers later.

I've paired it with a Chromecast Audio outputting analog via its internal DAC. The TB10D and Chomecast will sit in pool shed, which is separated from the house. The result is a very cheap but decent quality streaming music system for my pool area. Very happy. Now I just need to find a suitable plastic box/case/cabinet with a bit of ventilation to house them in.

I like that this thread is referenced in the product page:
The TB10D is far more power for your 12W speakers.

Kimbrough Xu

I am looking to get about 120-150 w channel (4-ohm speakers) for my budget/workshop stereo setup. I noticed that Amir’s data demonstrates about 90 per channel w two channels driven. Do you guys know if I could use one unit per channel to get me there?
I dont think so, I think the TB10D can not be bridged, just use a more powerful power adapter, Amir tested with the stocked 32V power supply, you can use a 48V power supply.

Top Bottom