• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

Veri

Master Contributor
Musiland MU2,is 398 cny,about 60usd,soomal run rmaa test,the result is so good.
http://www.soomal.com/doc/10100008003.htm

24bit,96khz
00075951.jpg
-there is no scale on the graph..
-looks about same as Apple usb-c ($10)

la2ygoo

Forum Donor
-there is no scale on the graph..
-looks about same as Apple usb-c ($10)
The thd distortion is lower than 123db, and the rmaa test is usually worse than the ap Measurements. Because the recording sound card is not as good as ap。
Musiland claims that the DNR is 130dB。
738b42037d8c2b45.jpg

Last edited:

ceausuc

That is a lot of money for a bare DAC. Last product I reviewed from them did not perform if my memory serves me right.
Yes... it is not cheap but they are using quality components, could be good. Don't know... maybe they are willing to send you one for free to be tested :) Regarding other products from them I'm not sure, this is their first finished product, usually they're only selling kits. I wonder if you aren't remembering something from hifimediy: https://hifimediy.com/

Veri

Master Contributor
The thd distortion is lower than 123db, and the rmaa test is usually worse than the ap Measurements. Because the recording sound card is not as good as ap
Which means it can only measure as low as the card's specs right? I mean it's a nice enough indicator for quality but not as reliable imo.

Veri

Master Contributor
I for one would love some Meier audio measurements, a big name in terms of crossfeed technology for one thing. He has amps and amp+dacs available. No DAC only though.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Yes... it is not cheap but they are using quality components, could be good. Don't know... maybe they are willing to send you one for free to be tested :) Regarding other products from them I'm not sure, this is their first finished product, usually they're only selling kits. I wonder if you aren't remembering something from hifimediy: https://hifimediy.com/
I think you are right. I did test one of their products though: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...llo-digione-signature-and-diyinhk-pro3z.4660/

Mistic

SMSL X-USB II

Perhaps... SMLS, with the new XMOS U208, has improved
its measures, compared to the first version.

Kyle / MrHeeHo

They're all insanely expensive but I would like to someday see measurements of Sony's Signature Series line of products. I think it's a shame a company as important to the history of audio as Sony has gone all in on snake oil marketing and I'm wondering if these products can come even close to justifying their price

RiflemanFirst

Can you do hidisz sonata hd ?

Yes, I can. :)

Looking forward to this. I got one the other day for fun and am curious to see how it stacks up measurement wise. Seems to drive my HD660S with juice to spare. It would also be interesting to see how it performs out of the box with the original firmware vs with the "Pure Music" D firmware update.

Graph Feppar

I just wanted to post that I want Hidizs Sonata HD II too. I wantes to buy the Apple jack but its output voltage is limited to 80 mV only on Android so then I read about this Sonata 3.5mm adapter and it looks promising.

If it is as good as the Apple one but works with Android, then its worth 4x the money in my opinion, 39€ isnt that much anyway for good ampDac.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
If it is as good as the Apple one but works with Android, then its worth 4x the money in my opinion, 39€ isnt that much anyway for good ampDac.
Based on early testing, I would not hold up such hopes. :)

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
From the comments section:

Dear all, I’m Frank and responsible for MSB in Europe:

MSB develops products done with blind A/B testing. When we develop new technologies, a panel of experienced listeners goes into the msb listening room and listens to the new developments.

This is done by 1 person (Mostly Jonathan) changing for example the volume control, saying this is A… then we listen to some tracks, we go to B and listen again. The listening pannel can’t see the modules / changes he’s doing as the equipment is behind a curtain or board. After each track, we give feed back and Jonathan writes it down. He changes the volume modules and says A or B (and sometimes B is A so we have truly no clue) …

After testing different modules and writing all the comments he finalizes by commenting on our hearing / evaluation and the results. The volume modules that are most consistent chosen as the best…will be the final production.
We do this if we’re testing new transformers, dac modules…etc etc..Everything is blind tested before it goes into production.

So we have a very open A/B testing going on. I challenge readers to do the same.

The price: A ferrari brings you from A – B … an old fiat 500 also… why does it have to be expensive… well because engineering to maximize the performance is expensive. But if you can’t afford a Ferrari and never driven one… you should not compare it to your volkswagen Vlad describes an experience he and many other listeners had and we at MSB are glad we could give him this experience. …

The display is a display that is completely synced outside of the clock signal for the music. So if it’s on or of, it doesn’t interfere with the music reproduction (talking about engineering things to the max
1f60a.png
… and yes it’s big but it can be switched off…

I had a couple MSB units very early on. Good gear. But they rapidly became stupefyingly priced.

vitalii427

Forum Donor
The price: A ferrari brings you from A – B … an old fiat 500 also… why does it have to be expensive… well because engineering to maximize the performance is expensive. But if you can’t afford a Ferrari and never driven one… you should not compare it to your volkswagen Vlad describes an experience he and many other listeners had and we at MSB are glad we could give him this experience. …
I think comparing MSB and Ferrari is incorrect and total salesman bs. Performance difference between any modern Ferrari and Fiat 500 is so HUGE, obvious and easily checked.

mindbomb

This evga nu audio sound card https://www.evga.com/articles/01281/evga-nu-audio/

Weirdly, the specs don't mention it, but it has a lme49600 headphone buffer like the jdslabs atom. A little worried that they did however, mention that it has "audio grade resistors". It is also unusual in that it is a usb dac, using a pci express to usb adapter.

Veri

Master Contributor
This evga nu audio sound card https://www.evga.com/articles/01281/evga-nu-audio/

Weirdly, the specs don't mention it, but it has a lme49600 headphone buffer like the jdslabs atom. A little worried that they did however, mention that it has "audio grade resistors". It is also unusual in that it is a usb dac, using a pci express to usb adapter.
It looks very interesting but I'd be surprised if a card with a USB>PCI adapter and such a chaotic board full of caps and resistors will measure good, wouldn't surprise me if it picks up noise along the way:
nu_gallery_01_image.jpg

What does interest me a fair bit is the line-in with a pretty good AKM ADC :) I wonder if it'll have any latency issues though.
uPqcVli.jpg

A big question mark is how good the software will be to go with this PCI DAC, if the software blows the card will, too. I can already imagine @amirm starting off the future review with "the ASIO driver did not work so I had to use ASIO4ALL", LOL!

yummy

surperrprised that we haven't test Apogee sym io yet, in es9018pro era it's the best measurement ess gear, rumor they changed the board into es9028pro.

gen1 Mac only but working fine with external usb-interface through spdif/aes
gen2 true Mac slave

output level pretty high, pro gear is pro gear

Top Bottom