• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Furutech NCF Clear Line Review (AC Optimizer)

Rate this product:

• 1. Waste of money (piggy bank panther)

Votes: 268 96.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 2.5%

• Total voters

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Just really looked at Amir's test results. We need a "fraudulent panther" checkbox for stuff like this.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

dogberry

I'm new to ASR, and actually came to look when I was accused of being an ASR troll in one of the many glowing review threads on the Puron plug-in filter NormB mentioned on the previous page. It is a product absolutely ripe for debunking. The distributor says he has been told how it works but has been asked not to discuss it. Proponents cancel any blinded 'can you tell when it is plugged in?' test by declaring it takes 15 minutes to start working, so any memory of previous sound quality is forgotten.
Best of all the distributor is Mark Schifter, who may have turned over a new leaf and become a reformed character. But Googling his name will reveal a concerning history.

Last edited:

DonR

Major Contributor
I'm new to ASR, and actually came to look when I was accused of being an ASR troll in one of the many glowing review threads on the Ouron plug-in filter NormB mentioned on the previous page. It is a product absolutely ripe for debunking. The distributor says he has been told how it works but has been asked not to discuss it. Proponents cancel any blinded 'can you tell when it is plugged in?' test by declaring it takes 15 minutes to start working, so any memory of previous sound quality is forgotten.
Best of all the distributor is Mark Schifter, who may have turned over a new leaf and become a reformed character. But Googling his name will reveal a concerning history.
That's a new one. A clever variation on "break-in period".

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
We'll have to remember that if Amir tests one. Or the trolls will be in here telling us he didn't test it right :facepalm:

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Entreq were the first I saw to come up with that one I think, in relation to their 'grounding' boxes. They say the sonic benefit appears gradually and then fades away gradually after you disconnect the box.

You can't measure what they do, you can't do a reliable listening test to perceive what they do, it's all so convenient.

dogberry

It occurs to me that even with the 15 minute warm-up, one could start out with it plugged in, and the listener should be able to tell when a confederate unplug it. No doubt they would find some reason why this cannot be done.
BTW, it is claimed to improve video as well, and rather dramatically at that. No word yet on whether it improves Tom Cruise's acting, or makes The Rings of Power interesting.
The mods at Audiogon have assiduously removed any references to the criminal history alluded to above.

gfinlays

The mods at Audiogon have assiduously removed any references to the criminal history alluded to above.
That's interesting, given that his originally sentenced 20 years' probation isn't up until 2030.....

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
(standard language below)

How do you propose to run your blind test?

(also see my signature quotes)
That info that is posted periodically is one of my favorites. Keeps from having to retype it in each reply.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
My question about this is, is it worth that much money for such a microscopic, if any, improvement in S.Q.?
There isn't any improvement in sound quality. It has nothing in it that does anything. Not microscopic - just nothing.

DonR

Major Contributor
And we need a masked pink panther statuette for the reviews of equipment whose sale amounts to daylight robbery.
index.php

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
Over on Audiogon, there’s this “new” gadget, goes by the name of “Puron” which seems awfully similar to the Furutech gadget here, and a host of others reviewed elsewhere, but not as thoroughly as here, by Amir.

From several reviews on Youtube (blind comparisons) and some EMF/magnetic detection gear, I’m lead to believe there MIGHT be some value here in reducing magnetic induction resulting in auditorily detectable improvements, as people claim,

Maybe. I’ve been a ham radio operator (extra) for a while, I’ve used magnetic loop antennae to good effect so I know a little about electro-magnetic energy.

I wouldn't count on it. The mains wiring of your house and the design of your audio gear would both have to be made by a blind cave salamander ;)

linger63

May be of interest.........
See Post #1678 here...........

Last edited:

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
May be of interest.........

dogberry

The thread at Audiogon continues to entertain. One poster writes:
The devices work by capturing EMI from the AC line and converting it to heat. Most of them use metal plates or coils coated in various types of carbon nanoparticles in a polymer matrix. The polymer chains entangle (intercalate) with the nanoparticles and in some cases react with functional groups on the surface of the nanoparticles. The particles work like a supercapacitor. Some formulas use additives to increase the conductivity of the polymer, which is normally dielectric. The conductive polymer transfers the current from the carbon nanoparticles via the functional groups into the matrix where it disperses as heat.
And on being asked how he knows this, replies (I suspect with tongue in cheek):
I researched via google and ChatGPT...
Which may be an admission he used ChatGPT to make up the paragraph above.

Top Bottom