• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What is the best phone with Aux 3.5mm jack and 32-bit/384kHz audio?

coolkids

Happy new year everybody, recently my old samsung s8 died, so i am without a phone currently.
I have many 3.5m jack/aux equipment like headphones and other things which i want to use without any convertors .
Whats currently the best phones which you can advice me with aux/ 3.5mm jack which measures well and have high end dac and stuff like that?
My phone motherboard is dead so i need to get something else i am currently considering lg g5 but its very old and hard to find and it will be used a lot with hifi friends plus, or samsung s10 . Please share your feedback.
Two things are absolute must 1st phone needs to have aux 3.5mm jack , and 2nd phone needs to have 32-bit/384kHz audio chip.

I am currently using my iphone 13 to listen music via lightning to aux convertor and its junk sound quality is 1000 times worse compared to my samsung s8....
so i dont want convertor/adapters only pure 3.5mm jack aux... i also dont like bluetooth.
What phones you can advice me , i dont mind used phones or older ones,as long as they are exellent in sound quality and fit my needs.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I don't have the answer for you yet... but I bought a Sony Xperia 5 Mark IV precisely because I wanted headphone out. And wireless charging. And 5G. It was the only phone I could find with all three features. I plan to measure it soon but will likely return it regardless. The display is just too narrow for productivity.

OP
C

coolkids

I don't have the answer for you yet... but I bought a Sony Xperia 5 Mark IV precisely because I wanted headphone out. And wireless charging. And 5G. It was the only phone I could find with all three features. I plan to measure it soon but will likely return it regardless. The display is just too narrow for productivity.
Sony phones are only up to 24-bit/192kHz audio, other than that i like them, their price is also very high,and not much if any market for them...
the only thing i forgot is expandability i will want phone to have microsd and thats a must...
i dont like locked iphone without any memory because i run without storage all the time... i have a lot of music which i upload to my phone....... my s8 for example had around 400gb of songs all located into the microsd card....
I dont understand why most major phone brands decided to axe the headphone jack.....
Will you recommend s10, or s10+ or something else from samsung or other brand?
Again phone can be 1 - or 5 years old i really dont care i do only phone calls and listen to music.

Check out the ROG phone 5S by Asus.
Happy new year everybody, recently my old samsung s8 died, so i am without a phone currently.
I have many 3.5m jack/aux equipment like headphones and other things which i want to use without any convertors .
Whats currently the best phones which you can advice me with aux/ 3.5mm jack which measures well and have high end dac and stuff like that?
My phone motherboard is dead so i need to get something else i am currently considering lg g5 but its very old and hard to find and it will be used a lot with hifi friends plus, or samsung s10 . Please share your feedback.
Two things are absolute must 1st phone needs to have aux 3.5mm jack , and 2nd phone needs to have 32-bit/384kHz audio chip.

I am currently using my iphone 13 to listen music via lightning to aux convertor and its junk sound quality is 1000 times worse compared to my samsung s8....
so i dont want convertor/adapters only pure 3.5mm jack aux... i also dont like bluetooth.
What phones you can advice me , i dont mind used phones or older ones,as long as they are exellent in sound quality and fit my needs.

Jmudrick

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Check out the ROG phone 5S by Asus.
With the ROG you're paying $300 more than you would for an LG V60 for a lot of gaming performance irrelevant to audio. I don't know if still accurate but specs indicate support for up to 512GB storage where the V60 has no problem with 1TB.

Jimster480

Major Contributor
LG G8 has the best audio performance AFAIK. It even has MQA support lol

valerianf

One Plus Nord N200 5G
<$200 with 90Hz refreshed screen and fast charging (5A/h battery).
It is running under Android 12.
A nice feature is the on screen fingerprint sensor.

I have a last year European version: the audio jack is working perfectly in my 15 years old car (no BT).

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Basically, all 3.5” phone outputs are severely crippled by regulations. None of them will be really good because they can’t drive any decent amount of voltage, nor current.

And what would you need a 32bit/384 kHz DAC? It won’t make anything sound better, and material can be downhearted to something compatible with ease and without loss of fidelity.

Jmudrick

Forum Donor
Basically, all 3.5” phone outputs are severely crippled by regulations. None of them will be really good because they can’t drive any decent amount of voltage, nor current.
They'll be really good driving IEMs or headphones that don't need the higher voltage. They won't drive my speakers either, then doesn't make them crippled.

DS_Construct

I had a V60 and traded It in for a Samsung. The V60 was a great phone for audio. i went ahead and bought a V50 for DAP duty and it has been great. I do like having MQA back without having to use a dongle.

Jmudrick

Forum Donor
I had a V60 and traded It in for a Samsung. The V60 was a great phone for audio. i went ahead and bought a V50 for DAP duty and it has been great. I do like having MQA back without having to use a dongle.
Has battery life been as good on the V50? My V60 is the best phone I've owned in terms of battery life.

DS_Construct

Has battery life been as good on the V50? My V60 is the best phone I've owned in terms of battery life.
Battery life is really good but it doesn’t get the workout that an active phone gets. I can listen to MQA or flac for 30 plus hours though. Even when I left it playing that long it was still 38%. But, my V60 was the best battery hands down. My S22 Ultra is runner up in battery.

Diable

I bought a V60 and relegated my G7 to DAP duty. The quad dac in these LG phones sounds as good as most dongles plus they have SD support.

Top Bottom