• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

CHORD M-Scaler Review (Upsampler)

Rate this product:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 358 88.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 13 3.2%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther

Votes: 7 1.7%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 28 6.9%

• Total voters

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
If you compared two systems ( one with one without) unsighted and level matched you wouldn’t buy it either.
Keith

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
If you can't hear or don't like what it does, don't buy it. Not sure why this is hard for you.
What you are saying isn’t hard for me, it’s the intentional conflation of non-aural and aural phenomena as a means of discrediting measurements to judge the latter as deficient. .

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think the point of the review is to show what the DUT does. It doesn't appear to do much of anything. Why is that so hard to grasp?

Guettel

The Dave (+Mscaler) sounds not an ounce more HiFi than some $100 DAC from China. Not sure why this is hard for you to understand. Sunk cost fallacy perhaps?
If you can't hear the difference, then do what best suits your budget. That's what we all do, after all.

Guettel

What you are saying isn’t hard for me, it’s the intentional conflation of non-aural and aural phenomena as a means of discrediting measurements to judge the latter as deficient. .
No one's discrediting measurements. If measurements are what matters to you, great. To me what matters is how it sounds.

VQR

It definitely IS expensive for most people. It's only a placebo for people who can't hear what it does or think what it does doesn't justify the cost compared to their own financial means.
"I come to a science-based forum, people tell me there is no objective reason for the M-Scaler to improve my audio, and I provide no evidence to the contrary. Why do people tell me I'm only hearing my placebo?" :facepalm:

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
No one's discrediting measurements. If measurements are what matters to you, great. To me what matters is how it sounds.

Guettel

"I come to a science-based forum, people tell me there is no objective reason for the M-Scaler to improve my audio, and I provide no evidence to the contrary. Why do people tell me I'm only hearing my placebo?" :facepalm:
The only evidence I and nearly all audio buyers need is that is gear sound good. And to me and many, many others, this particular gear sounds fantastic.

If you don't hear a difference, no biggie. Buy something you like.

Last edited:

Guettel

Were you trying to make some point?

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
And what qualifies you to tell us it sounds better?

Reactions: VQR

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm only saying it sounds better to me. If you can't hear it or can hear it but don't like it, great. Buy something else.
So your opinion is trust me. I trust that the measurements tell the truth.

Someone once said “there’s a sucker born every minute”, seems it’s true.

Reactions: VQR

Guettel

So your opinion is trust me. I trust that the measurements tell the truth.

Someone once said “there’s a sucker born every minute”, seems it’s true.
No, my opinion is trust you. To you, truth is measurements. To me, truth is how it sounds.

Perhaps you buy audio gear to measure, I don't know. I buy audio gear to listen to.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
If you don't can't perceive a better experience from things, then by all means, don't buy them.
We are not but you seem intent in convincing us otherwise. This is silly as we have already said what is required to convince us: ears only, controlled listening tests. Anything else involves non sound factors which don't last past the immediate AB tests you are doing.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
No, my opinion is trust you. To you, truth is measurements. To me, truth is how it sounds.
But you don't know how it sounds. You know what your total experience involving all your other senses and other factors is. Come back with proper sound impressions and our ears will perk up instantly. Keep saying that you performed a totally improper evaluation of sound and it is just the same, broken, anti-science and engineering claim by non-technical folks.

Top Bottom