• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Rate this IEM

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 13 2.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 21 3.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 73 12.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 495 82.2%

• Total voters

vitalii427

Forum Donor
in a plastic bag yes.
Woohoo! I’ve found it from the first try. Inside small white box. Thanks!!
8414FFBE-40FF-42CC-8F6D-58F8DF4D360F.jpeg

Nango

Major Contributor
I've measured 6 samples from 3 orders from AliExpress (one pair at Sep 17; 2 pairs at Nov 1; 3 pairs at Nov 24) to check how consistent they are.
All the measurements below was done with the same signal level using small silicon tip (with bigger bore) and deep insertion with resonant peak moved to about 9kHz. This way I managed to achieve very good repeatability. For each earphone I've taken average of 3-4 measurements (without reseat) just to smooth run to run variations especially at 20-80 Hz. From my observation this seat gets FR that has less peak at 5kHz that is seen in other measurements. 5kHz peak quite differs with different tips and reseats. Two digits in the graph names is only last two digits of SN so they aren't in order of production. If I'll find some relation between SN range and measurements I'll inform you.

Here's screenshot from REW - it shows not only FR shape but also difference in sensitivity:
View attachment 251730

Here's all graphs matched at 500 Hz:
View attachment 251732

So my conclusion is that the difference is a bit bigger than I expected. When all graphs placed on top of each other this looks like the difference is spread almost evenly. But it is not. There's few (out of 12) earphones which is quite far at 200Hz, 2.5kHz and 5kHz. And in some pairs difference between left and right is quite substantial. I'm going to chose pairs which matches better and give to my friends with individual measurements report.

If there's something more I can check for you feel free to ask :cool:
You should have bought half of the items at regular distribution channels to show whether there is a similar behaviour.

vitalii427

Forum Donor
You should have bought half of the items at regular distribution channels to show whether there is a similar behaviour.
In my country AliExpress is the most regular distribution channel of such devices. We have no Amazon here. Actually we can check SN of different channels. My 6 pairs has SN in range from 8k to 16k - it's a half so I think it is quite good representation. My results is in agreement with 9 samples checked by crinacle himself. I don't think we need more really

markanini

Major Contributor
It's grammatically, semantically and logically incoherent.
This shows that you have an aversion to say something like: "preferably an IEM taget curve is not the product of erroneous data."

Funny because you have been arguing about the significance of a 1.5dB difference in a different thread the other day, about a single sample, realting to a metric that doesn't state any tolerance thresholds.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@GaryH , he's not making any sense in his discussion flow, be best to ignore this conversation.

GaryH

Major Contributor
This shows that you have an aversion to say something like: "preferably an IEM taget curve is not the product of erroneous data."
Quite the mental gymnastics skills you got there. Think I'll leave you two to battle it out on your own - you and the imaginary friend you've invented in my image you're having a nonsensical argument with in your head.

markanini

Major Contributor
Quite the mental gymnastics skills you got there. Think I'll leave you two to battle it out on your own - you and the imaginary friend you've invented in my image you're having a nonsensical argument with in your head.
No, you are still avoiding making the statement, so I'm in fact justified.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
My $5 MH755 I've had for years are still going strong with regular use.
I managed to get a pair of these (or whatever variant ships with the little bluetooth dac/amps). Sound and comfort are nice but hampered by a massively microphonic (and downright nasty in fact) cable. I suspect made even worse by having a beard but they are bad enough stationary in bed- I cannot imagine using them whilst mobile- I would go insane. A trait they share with some of the Etymotics actually.

All in all I can see why they are a bit cult but just not a feasible option for me.

dsmartboxat

Ok so I was curious and I bought them. Findings:

Compared to HD600, ER4XR, ER4XR eqed as per Oratory1990:
- Quite a bit of bass, but that's expected
- Too much treble and missing mids. pop music sounds terrible. other genres are fine.

Definitely not happy so far, but will try with different tips later. Maybe I just picked excessively big ones.
Edit: these sound a LOT different to me than ER4XR equalised to Harman target. something's not right :-(

Last edited:

bracko

Ok, I've got a pair of these now too.
Out of the box they just sound thin and lifeless. Not terrible but definitely not good enough considering the hype and the measured performance here. The lower mids are very laid back and the upper mids too pronounced. The fit is fine and the quality great this the price level. The biggest problem is after 20 minutes of listening my ears get tired. Maybe I am doing something wrong here but I doubt it. I have other IEMs that sound much more balanced and altogether enjoyable.

bracko

Cote Dazur

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Recovering from what?
Realizing that "Maybe I am doing something wrong here", not talking about posting too quickly, but maybe not taking the time to appreciate those, as so many of us have. you can believe us, 84% think they are great, 11% think they are fine, 95%, that is an overwhelming number from people who appreciate objectively good sound. So, you are more than likely to recover from whatever mistake you made that lead you to not getting a great experience with those.
Merry Christmas. :)

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Ok, I've got a pair of these now too.
Out of the box they just sound thin and lifeless. Not terrible but definitely not good enough considering the hype and the measured performance here. The lower mids are very laid back and the upper mids too pronounced. The fit is fine and the quality great this the price level. The biggest problem is after 20 minutes of listening my ears get tired. Maybe I am doing something wrong here but I doubt it. I have other IEMs that sound much more balanced and altogether enjoyable.
I'd be thinking you don't have a proper seal to be honest. Play some bassy music and push them in and keep fingers there. If more bass then when no fingers, not sealed right initially

Top Bottom