• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Peachtree amp500 Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 47 19.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 166 68.6%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 25 10.3%

• Total voters

DonR

Major Contributor
The cabinet is quite lovely, but I’m assuming it’s genuine wood veneer, not vinyl. If it isn’t , then it’s tacky.
I had the same question and by the replies above it is real wood in a high gloss finish.

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I went grocery shopping just as the cold snap started and as I was carrying the 2 med weight bags home when I had a slight asthma attack. Wheezing and whistling lungs from the extreme cold. I was more than a bit concerned. I've had one near death asthma attack in my life and that was enough to scare the daylights out of me. That was from bathroom cleaning products that mixed a bit, created some nasty gas that I inhaled and after I was blue and gray colored and could not get off the couch to make a telephone call for help because I was so weak. I have the clothing to go out in these extreme cold temps but I'm not going to. I ordered-in groceries from Walmart and have lotsa food and stuff so I'm waiting this Arctic air out till warmer days arrive in a few days. :D I love skating. If I had somewhere outdoors to go skating I would be on that like white on rice. Like a canal would be awesome. :D
Take care, mixing some household chemicals can give you pure chlorine, chloamine , and possibly mustard gas and other nasty stuff . Welcome to your own WW1 enactment

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
On topic , voted fine nice performance and price is not absurd, and I like the look , good show .

amper42

Major Contributor
20 years ago, to get this type of Power and performance you would have had to sell your Car and maybe take out a second mortgage. So Wow we have come such a long way in terms of what you can get for your money today. We indeed are very fortunate that today’s market is so much more Customer focused and the value proposition has never been better. Hot diggity Damn!

Personally, I don't see the amp500 as an option I would select. The Buckeye NC502MP at $749 offers superior SINAD and more power than I will ever need. Why pay twice as much for the amp500?

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Take care, mixing some household chemicals can give you pure chlorine, chloamine , and possibly mustard gas and other nasty stuff . Welcome to your own WW1 enactment
Yes, it was chlorinishy smelling. I cleaned/scrubbed the shower with comet, rinsed and then sprayed Tilex and voila... I inhaled maybe a ~1/8 of a breath and I knew it was bad and so I ran from the bathroom and ended up on the living room sofa trying to reach for the telephone. Chlorine gas would be my guess. I don't mix any cleaning products now whether it be accidentally or intentionally. :D

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
Personally, I don't see the amp500 as an option I would select. The Buckeye NC502MP at $749 offers superior SINAD and more power than I will ever need. Why pay twice as much for the amp500?
I was just making a statement about the state of high power amplification and how we are seeing this level of power at increasingly lower prices. FYI I own 2 6-channel Buckeye 502 amps. Clearly I agree with your assessment. Several have misunderstood my post. Perhaps I could have been clearer about my point. ;)

Kevinfc

I had the same question and by the replies above it is real wood in a high gloss finish.
Quite nice then. Wonder how that holds up over time? Class D certainly helps as it’s very cool running.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
What are you doing just sitting there?! Go shoot some cranes!
I think cranes are protected species in Canada and I'm bored with guns. Shot so many bricks of rounds I am not interested anymore. :D Or perhaps you mean photography... :p

Futility

Forum Donor
I think cranes are protected species in Canada and I'm bored with guns. Shot so many bricks of rounds I am not interested anymore. :D Or perhaps you mean photography... :p
Yes, cameras are the only things I shoot. I was referring to Amir's photos at 40 below.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, cameras are the only things I shoot. I was referring to Amir's photos at 40 below.
For me to go shoot cranes at 40 below for 4 hours I would need one of these Lol... and some very capable boots and mittens.
79970_3126_P02_S20

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
While this isn't bad for performance/price (in a general sense), the casing is just silly looking to me and wouldn't "go" with anything else I can think of. Plus I don't look at the amp, it just goes in a rack and pretty much out of line of sight anyways. Never been a particular fan of Peachtree either....

TNT

I forget who asked but yes, I will add power off noise to the same measurement.
How about also a more life like load when measuring amplifiers. I'm thinking a reactance profile... i.e. not only at different resistive loads.

Merry & Happy!

//

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@amirm , wanted to share these beautiful photos by an accomplished professional photographer off Instagram. Look suspiciously like your photo .

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
How about also a more life like load when measuring amplifiers. I'm thinking a reactance profile... i.e. not only at different resistive loads.
A high power reactive load is incredibly expensive ($10K+). I can build a fixture for low power testing but I don't know that it is worth the effort.

TNT

A high power reactive load is incredibly expensive ($10K+). I can build a fixture for low power testing but I don't know that it is worth the effort.
I still think it would be valuable. As we all know, we use mostly very little of the capacity of our high power stages.

Please create something that could withstand say 50W and do 5W test on it as an addition to the already existing one. I would be a great addition to the test suite and my guess is that we will see things stick out. My recommendation would be to not make it too crazy but rather a medium heavy load with the usual bass imp peak and a rising impedance towards the highs. One little nasty twirl of low R + high phase angle somewhere could be good.... ;) I'm sure you are much more qualified than me to make it up to be usable.

Science is about reality and a pure R is mostly unreal for all of us. If we always ask if we think we will find something, we often think we will not and surely, by this answer, we will not.

//

Top Bottom