• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Peachtree amp500 Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 47 19.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 166 68.6%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 25 10.3%

• Total voters
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Wow... That is not only a wonderful shot but a brave bird...lol. I had no idea the cranes (If that is a crane?) can winter over in harsh climates.
Thanks. They are red-headed cranes that only live in Siberia and there (close by each other). They feed them grain in this field so they stay year around. There are only a few hundred there.

It was snowing as well which made it hard to take sharp pictures (they are also quite far and these are cropped):

GQ5R3968-X4.jpg

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks. They are red-headed cranes that only live in Siberia and there (close by each other). They feed them grain in this field so they stay year around. There are only a few hundred there.

It was snowing as well which made it hard to take sharp pictures (they are also quite far and these are cropped):

GQ5R3968-X4.jpg
It's hard to believe this thing even exists never mind flies and catches fish like a champ.

Dmitri

Forum Donor
Hah! Usually when a thread goes so out of focus it drives me crazy. But being the big photography buff that I am, I’m finding this a great bit of distraction…
And DoodskI… you stay warm. You‘ve got temps that’ll freeze spit before it hits the ground...

Bogda

Funny that I can not find picture of Peachtree amp500 interior anywhere on internet. Is it because maybe you cannot open it without damaging the case?

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Funny that I can not find picture of Peachtree amp500 interior anywhere on internet. Is it because maybe you cannot open it without damaging the case?
There are no screws anywhere but @ the bottom plate from what I can see.
amp500-ge-rear-900h.jpg

Carina%20in%20mocha.jpg

3103200-0ffc3fa8-peachtree-audio-amp500-power-amplifier.jpg

Sokel

Master Contributor
There are no screws anywhere but @ the bottom plate from what I can see.
amp500-ge-rear-900h.jpg

Carina%20in%20mocha.jpg

3103200-0ffc3fa8-peachtree-audio-amp500-power-amplifier.jpg

I would like to see the buffer too.
What most assemblers don't do is take advantage of the tons of indicators and meters already on board.

I don't know if Peachtree used some through some multicolor led on the front for the basic (on,stand by,temp warning,current limiting,clipping for each channel,etc) but they could easily put a screen showing temp,voltage,amperage,etc as the module itself already has analog outputs for all that.

Also I don't know if they used the signal sense feature that puts the module to stand by if 13 minutes pass without signal.

AlexScan

Any picture of the inside ?

The 1200AS2 is "naked" inside (just the module wired) ?

sergeauckland

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The word 'unique' in informal speech means also 'not typical or unusual', and so 'very unique' makes sense.
Not to me it doesn't! Unique has a unique meaning, something for which there is no other. Not typical is just that, not unique.

There can't be degrees of uniqueness as there is only the one.

Similarly, one of the only makes no sense. It is either one of the few, or the only.

S.

Colonel7

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Not to me it doesn't! Unique has a unique meaning, something for which there is no other. Not typical is just that, not unique.

There can't be degrees of uniqueness as there is only the one.

Similarly, one of the only makes no sense. It is either one of the few, or the only.

S.
Try reviewing government contracting proposals. Everyone of hundreds leads with “We are uniquely qualified…”:facepalm:o_O

Cote Dazur

Addicted to Fun and Learning
So Wow we have come such a long way in terms of what you can get for your money today
I totally agree with your comment.
But thinking about great value, in the case of this amplifier, we get a lot of watts for the money, very true, my only concern with this item is: in atypical home set up, 2 reasonably sensitive speakers in a avaerage size room, listening at a typical (and safe) 85db, what is it that this 500 watts amplifier does that a good measuring 50 watts amplifier does not do equally well at yet a much lower price?

HighFutility

Does anyone care to chime in on Ice power amp at the 250w per channel@8Ohm load? Looking for a budget power amp. I'm not sure my DIY skills are enough to assemble a board and power supply with a case from ghent audio. Or is it not that difficult?

Sokel

Master Contributor
Does anyone care to chime in on Ice power amp at the 250w per channel@8Ohm load? Looking for a budget power amp. I'm not sure my DIY skills are enough to assemble a board and power supply with a case from ghent audio. Or is it not that difficult?
The easiest way is to get an 700as2 if you want less power or a 1200as2 as this one put it in a case and your done.
Smaller Edge ones need a power supply which make it more expensive and complicated.

Later on you can add another 2 channels with good measurements (300a2) for 150 euro at most just by connecting in to them (either of them).
Just make sure you get the version that comes with the 57V hanger for the 300a2 or more for 400a2.

Make sure you get Edge versions,the other ones don't measure as those do.

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm sitting here listening to the Nutcracker Suite and a 50 watt amp might be sufficient but I have more confidence that my 700 watt @ 4Ohm Hypex based amp would handle the 12 inch woofers in my 4 Ohm speakers a tad easier.

Koeitje

Major Contributor
I totally agree with your comment.
But thinking about great value, in the case of this amplifier, we get a lot of watts for the money, very true, my only concern with this item is: in atypical home set up, 2 reasonably sensitive speakers in a avaerage size room, listening at a typical (and safe) 85db, what is it that this 500 watts amplifier does that a good measuring 50 watts amplifier does not do equally well at yet a much lower price?
85dB average would need to reach 100-105dB without distortion for peaks.

GeorgeWalk

I think these are one of the nicer looking amplifiers of the type out there and it would be a huge mistake for Peachtree to abandon a trademark look. It's a modern timeless design that outclasses any other amp at its price point.
I had a Peachtree Nova 65. I love the look. I used as my office amp. It looked great in my office and sounded good.

GeorgeWalk

Personally I am a fan of the styling. Very "Danish modern". I really enjoy wood or leather on audio equipment. Is it real wood or plastic?
It is real wood. I owned a Peachtree Nova 65. Beautiful looking amp.

Kevinfc

The cabinet is quite lovely, but I’m assuming it’s genuine wood veneer, not vinyl. If it isn’t , then it’s tacky.

Top Bottom