• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Peachtree amp500 Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 47 19.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 166 68.6%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 25 10.3%

• Total voters
Losing precision of language usage has a direct consequence, the diminishment of expressivity.

An attractive amp, though: I voted great, because the faults, such as they are, lie outside the human audible range.

Cadguy

I went grocery shopping just as the cold snap started and as I was carrying the 2 med weight bags home when I had a slight asthma attack. Wheezing and whistling lungs from the extreme cold. I was more than a bit concerned. I've had one near death asthma attack in my life and that was enough to scare the daylights out of me. That was from bathroom cleaning products that mixed a bit, created some nasty gas that I inhaled and after I was blue and gray colored and could not get off the couch to make a telephone call for help because I was so weak. I have the clothing to go out in these extreme cold temps but I'm not going to. I ordered-in groceries from Walmart and have lotsa food and stuff so I'm waiting this Arctic air out till warmer days arrive in a few days. :D I love skating. If I had somewhere outdoors to go skating I would be on that like white on rice. Like a canal would be awesome. :D
I'm sorry to hear you have such a serious condition. I wasn't trying to imply anything by my comment ( other than I'm a bit "eccentric"). My apologies.

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
I'm sorry to hear you have such a serious condition. I wasn't trying to imply anything by my comment ( other than I'm a bit "eccentric"). My apologies.
My father used to go winter camping in the Boundary Waters - way out in the woods many miles from any sort of civilization, Nordic skiing, camping and the whole shebang for a week or two.
Pile up snow and dig out a sleeping space in the mound.
He slept outside when it was -40f/ which is also -40c , actual temps not wind factor.
Crazy.
He took me out in a tent one cold night for some easier cold winter camping at a park. it was -20f/-29c that night. His gear was so good I woke up dripping in sweat, literally covered in it and I am normally cold when I sleep.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
O' no worries mate. My asthma condition is considered mild compared to those that have it full blown. :D

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
My father used to go winter camping in the Boundary Waters - way out in the woods many miles from any sort of civilization, Nordic skiing, camping and the whole shebang for a week or two.
Pile up snow and dig out a sleeping space in the mound.
He slept outside when it was -40f/ which is also -40c , actual temps not wind factor.
Crazy.
He took me out in a tent one cold night for some easier cold winter camping at a park. it was -20f/-29c that night. His gear was so good I woke up dripping in sweat, literally covered in it and I am normally cold when I sleep.
I used to do winter camping in British Columbia with the Boy Scouts. We would camp out for 3 days @ about 3000'+ elevation in some pretty cold conditions in nylon summer tents. If it snowed (Like a foot or three.) we would wake up with the tent(s) partially or completely collapsed over our bodies... lol. The fire pit after a 3 day camp was usually about 6 feet deep from the snow pack. I would never camp out like that unless I had something in mind and at the time it was a requirement for the Chief Scout Award. Otherwise I prefer my warm comfy bed with central heating. :D I've also camped out in winter in a dilapidated old cabin that had a fireplace and we had that fire raging allll night long.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I have stood for hours at -40f taking wildlife pictures. Last time it was in Hokkaido Japan. It was so cold that I had icicles formed on my camera LCD from moisture in my breath!!! Got me shots like this though:

GQ5R3898.jpg

Had to get up hours before sunrise to be there.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I have stood for hours at -40f taking wildlife pictures. Last time it was in Hokkaido Japan. It was so cold that I had icicles formed on my camera LCD from moisture in my breath!!! Got me shots like this though:

GQ5R3898.jpg

Wow... That is not only a wonderful shot but a brave bird...lol. I had no idea the cranes (If that is a crane?) can winter over in harsh climates. I have only seen cranes in the West of North America in all seasons but not in the prairies in any season. I'm pretty sure I would not wake up before dawn, brave -40F(-40C) temperature and stand for hours without a electric heater. :D I can ski and snowmobile under slightly less extreme terms though.

Axo1989

Major Contributor

GQ5R3898.jpg

Worth it: great image of the national symbol. Also, Hokkaido in winter, impressive.

IMG_4803.jpeg

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
At -40, F or C doesn't matter.
I only ever think of temperature in Réaumur so I am glad he specified the units.

(This is of course a massive lie, just been looking up temperature scales and that was the only other unit that could have had -40 and not been the same as -40 C or F as I know you know)

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I only ever think of temperature in Réaumur so I am glad he specified the units.

(This is of course a massive lie, just been looking up temperature scales and that was the only other unit that could have had -40 and not been the same as -40 C or F as I know you know)
I dunno about that I'm sitting here as snug as a bug in a rug with -41C temps outside right now.
Z cold.png

DonR

Major Contributor
Worth it: great image of the national symbol. Also, Hokkaido in winter, impressive.

THOSE POOR BIRDS!!! What a way to die... freezing to death... :eek:;) I have been in -60C (in the wind)when I was at CFB Cold Lake. My fingertips got frostbitten even though I had gloves on.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
THOSE POOR BIRDS!!! What a way to die... freezing to death... :eek:;) I have been in -60C (in the wind)when I was at CFB Cold Lake. My fingertips got frostbitten even though I had gloves on.
I've endured gale force winds with very cold temps atop a 8500 foot mountain during a whiteout. I finally took a gamble and decided to ski down regardless of the possibility of skiing into a tree, rock or off a ledge. I eventually made it downhill a short skiing distance and was in the lee of the mountain and was able to ski out. My hands where frostbitten upon making it to the lodge and being a dumb 8 year old I immersed my hands under water and gradually increased the water temp and then it hit me... Pain! The water was not even that warm and I was in agony for 45 minutes after. Don't immerse frostbitten fingers in warm water.... sigh* I've heard about CFB Cold Lake and have a understanding of how cold it gets there and reports are that it is pretty darn cold! Lol. At present I have the blinds closed, they have been for days and am hunkering down this Arctic air mass we are enduring. I'll pop my head out on Saturday when it warms to -15C. :D

Top Bottom