• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

7hz Salnotes Zero - the "other" Zero

Dazerdoreal

Many words have been written in this forum about the Crinacle x Truthear Zero, and how cheap it is for its sound.
Now as some of you surely know, there is also another "Zero" for an even cheaper price - 7hz Salnotes Zero.
I guess many people have not even realized yet that these are not the same. :D

The sound signature looked like it could be my taste, and I gave it a try. I paid 22,90 Euro.
And I must say that I am pretty much mindblown. As I said in another topic, the Harman IEM Target is too harsh and "hollow" for my taste.
This is the first IEM / Headphone ever where I dont feel the need to EQ anything. Even though I am quite nitpicky I think.

Some people say that the lack of "resolution" is the reason to invest more money. But it all depends on what you want.
Basically, the 7hz Zero is a Sennheiser HD 650ish headphone in IEM form. It does sound rather warm than "edgy", but it just sounds very correct, not only for its price.

If something unforseen happens and I needed to sell everything on order to save money, this would still suffice.
It almost feels like a joke at the expense of those who spend thousands of dollars on audio equipment.

In a way it reminds me of what Crinacle said in a video about amplifiers. He showed an Apple Dongle and said: This is fine.
You can pay more if you like, but it is not really a big step upwards from there. The same goes for this IEM.

The same goes for the comfort and the build quality. It feels sturdy and it is absolutely alright.
The cable is particularly good: It is neither microphonic nor has it the tendency to knot itself.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto_2022-12-12_01-32-53.png
    Bildschirmfoto_2022-12-12_01-32-53.png
    46.9 KB · Views: 973

asrUser

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I made a donation and Amir ordered one for review. Should be in the queue for reviewing sometime. @amirm right?

asrUser

It almost feels like a joke at the expense of those who spend thousands of dollars on audio equipment.

In a way it reminds me of what Crinacle said in a video about amplifiers. He showed an Apple Dongle and said: This is fine.
You can pay more if you like, but it is not really a big step upwards from there. The same goes for this IEM.
"This is fine" for people who don't want to spend much. Good bang for the buck. You can still get a significant step-up from more expensive stuff.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Many words have been written in this forum about the Crinacle x Truthear Zero, and how cheap it is for its sound.
Now as some of you surely know, there is also another "Zero" for an even cheaper price - 7hz Salnotes Zero.
I guess many people have not even realized yet that these are not the same. :D

The sound signature looked like it could be my taste, and I gave it a try. I paid 22,90 Euro.
And I must say that I am pretty much mindblown. As I said in another topic, the Harman IEM Target is too harsh and "hollow" for my taste.
This is the first IEM / Headphone ever where I dont feel the need to EQ anything. Even though I am quite nitpicky I think.

Some people say that the lack of "resolution" is the reason to invest more money. But it all depends on what you want.
Basically, the 7hz Zero is a Sennheiser HD 650ish headphone in IEM form. It does sound rather warm than "edgy", but it just sounds very correct, not only for its price.

If something unforseen happens and I needed to sell everything on order to save money, this would still suffice.

The same goes for the comfort and the build quality. It feels sturdy and it is absolutely alright.
The cable is particularly good: It is neither microphonic nor has it the tendency to knot itself.
I also love the 7Hz Salnotes Zero!

Pros: price, incredible flawless tuning, good quality detachable cable, comfortable and lightweight chassis, nice plate design.

Cons: all plastic chassis, no mic option, cheesy colored tips.

I would happily have paid say +5 usd and get a metal chassis, mic in the cable and black tips. Call it 7Hz Salnotes Zero+ and keep all the positives.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

GaryH

Major Contributor
'Universally praised' means nothing, especially when it comes to pretty kilobuck IEMs with a regal name and hyperbolic reviews thereof buttering up that cognitive bias. The all-time highest rated IEM, headphone in general, and piece of audio equipment at all by users on Head-Fi is the Noble Audio Kaiser 10. Here's its frequency response:

Last edited:

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, the same Crinnacle that tuned the Truthears Zero awarded the Thieaudio Monarch Mk 2 with his highest tuning rating, and he measures tons of IEMs and headphones, just like Timmy above rates it the best tuning too. These are very experienced reviewers imo. YMMV.

Last edited:

asrUser

No-one is immune from cognitive bias, no matter how 'experienced' a reviewer they are.
Alright you can believe in whatever you want. Just let other people enjoy their stuff. Audio is just a hobby for many people. Science is a hobby for many others and so on.

GaryH

Major Contributor
Alright you can believe in whatever you want. Just let other people enjoy their stuff. Audio is just a hobby for many people. Science is a hobby for many others and so on.
Whether in science or any hobby, I believe in truth, controlling for confounding variables so you don't come to false conclusions, backing up claims with evidence, and not proliferating disproven myths.

AdamPA1006

I really like them. In a relative sense to a competitors in the price range, they stand out to me in clarity/grittyness/detail retrieval which I enjoy. They come close to the TanchJim OLA in that area. They could use more mid-bass in my opinion. That's about it. Good to have if you want a more balanced tune and great details/clarity around that price point. I used the smaller bore tips to increase bass response (compared to almost all my other IEMs where I use wide-bore tips to increase clarity/treble).

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
So the 7Hz Salnotes Zero was tuned by Crinacle, this explains.

Top Bottom