• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

poopy

No. There are many.

Luxury & Precision W1/W2, Moondrop Moonriver 2, Tanchjim Space, Whatever model Hidizs is up to now - no doubt a few hundred more if you scour Aliexpress.

Oh, and the most flexible dongle by a mile- the Qudelix 5k. Balanced 2.5mm (but 4.4mm to 2.5mm adapters are nor hard to find) , 3.5mm, USB C or LDAC bluetooth, 10 band PEQ across all sources etc etc
Thanks for the suggestions.

By 'pretty much the only ones', I was meaning that have been measured

staticV3

Master Contributor
Am I correct saying that those dongles are pretty much the only ones with true balanced 4.4 outputs?
Here are just a few 4.4mm dongles. Not included are Bluetooth adapters and 4.4mm SE dongles.
Tanchjim Space
FiiO KA2
ifi GO bar
Quloos MC-01
HiBy FC4
EarMen Colibri
iBasso DC06
Audirect Beam 3S
MoonDrop MoonRiver2
Shanling UA5
Cayin RU6
FiiO KA3
Luxury&Precision W2-131
Lotoo PAW-S2
ColorFly CDA-M1
Luxury&Precision W2
iBasso DC04
Quloos QLS MC01
Shanling UA3
Shanling UA2 Plus
DUNU DTC-500
Questyle M15
ddHiFi TC44C
ddHiFi TC44B

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I was expecting someone to have already gone through this, that's why I was asking :)

No worries I have some time to kill this weekend
No free lunches here

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Good day!
I suffer with the choice of a portable USB DAC. There are problems everywhere.
I would like a DAC at the sound level of a Cozoy Rei and above, with a regular 3.5 jack and a balanced jack with a sane price and availability. It would be nice to be with MQA. Also, to work normally, without falling off the sound.
@Phoney , on a different thread, had suggested Qudelix 5k, which is a good Dongle with both balanced and unbalanced output.
There is always E1DA , but it is either or.
Has anyone suggested that yet?

poopy

Here are just a few 4.4mm dongles. Not included are Bluetooth adapters and 4.4mm SE dongles.
Tanchjim Space
FiiO KA2
ifi GO bar
Quloos MC-01
HiBy FC4
EarMen Colibri
iBasso DC06
Audirect Beam 3S
MoonDrop MoonRiver2
Shanling UA5
Cayin RU6
FiiO KA3
Luxury&Precision W2-131
Lotoo PAW-S2
ColorFly CDA-M1
Luxury&Precision W2
iBasso DC04
Quloos QLS MC01
Shanling UA3
Shanling UA2 Plus
DUNU DTC-500
Questyle M15
ddHiFi TC44C
ddHiFi TC44B
Excellent, thank you very much!

Will go through the measurements now.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Am I correct saying that those dongles are pretty much the only ones with true balanced 4.4 outputs?
As far as I know there are several others, like Questyle M15, iBasso DC06, etc.

Last edited:

Peterinvan

true balanced 4.4 outputs?

No. There are many.

Luxury & Precision W1/W2, Moondrop Moonriver 2, Tanchjim Space, Whatever model Hidizs is up to now - no doubt a few hundred more if you scour Aliexpress.

Oh, and the most flexible dongle by a mile- the Qudelix 5k. Balanced 2.5mm (but 4.4mm to 2.5mm adapters are nor hard to find) , 3.5mm, USB C or LDAC bluetooth, 10 band PEQ across all sources etc etc
I have the Cayin RU6 USB-C, 4.4mm balanced R2R DAC and amp. I use this out of my iPad Pro with all my phones. Really enjoy the sound profile.
My iPhone 6 will not power it. I use a FiiO KA3 on the iPhone (USB-C to Lightning cable). It's also fully balanced 4.4mm out. Not quite as good sounding as the RU6, but fine for out and about.

poopy

Tanchjim Space
FiiO KA2
ifi GO bar
Quloos MC-01
HiBy FC4
EarMen Colibri
iBasso DC06
Audirect Beam 3S
MoonDrop MoonRiver2
Shanling UA5
Cayin RU6
FiiO KA3
Luxury&Precision W2-131
Lotoo PAW-S2
ColorFly CDA-M1
Luxury&Precision W2
iBasso DC04
Quloos QLS MC01
Shanling UA3
Shanling UA2 Plus
DUNU DTC-500
Questyle M15
ddHiFi TC44C
ddHiFi TC44B
Top 4 in terms of measurement appears to be:

Luxury&Precision W2, MoonDrop MoonRiver2, Tanchjim Space, MoonDrop Dawn 4.4

Tanchjim Space and MoonDrop Dawn 4.4 are killers in terms of price/performance. The amp of the Tanchim Space seems to be slightly better.
MoonRiver 2 has a better amp. If it was €150 I’d go for it, but it’s like €230 on Amazon. It’s about 3 times the price of the Dawn 4.4. Hard to justify…

If budget is not an issue, the W2 is certainly a good option with appealing features. I wouldn’t need those TBH.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

Tanchjim Space and MoonDrop Dawn 4.4 are killers in terms of price/performance. The amp of the Tanchim Space seems to be slightly better.
MoonRiver 2 has a better amp. If it was €150 I’d go for it, but it’s like €230 on Amazon. It’s about 3 times the price of the Dawn 4.4. Hard to justify…

If budget is not an issue, the W2 is certainly a good option with appealing features. I wouldn’t need those TBH.
Fair summary. Amongst those you pick the one that can power the phones you need it to for the best price.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

I did not know Tanchjim Space, really impressive dongle that ticks several needs:
- 3.5 and 4.4 mm at the same time
- Low distortion and noise
- Independent volume control
- Detachable cable
- Affordable

It would be my choice of dongle if I were buying one today.

Thanks for the tip!

Reactions: MCH

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I did not know Tanchjim Space, really impressive dongle that ticks several needs:
- 3.5 and 4.4 mm at the same time
- Low distortion and noise
- Independent volume control
- Detachable cable
- Affordable

It would be my choice of dongle if I were buying one today.

Thanks for the tip!

I've had one on order from shenzhenaudio for the last month not yet despatched. Not sure what the hold up is but I'd wait to see if people have got theirs before ordering

poopy

I've had one on order from shenzhenaudio for the last month not yet despatched. Not sure what the hold up is but I'd wait to see if people have got theirs before ordering
Was highly tempted as well but gave up since it woyld be too messy to return things to Shenzhenaudio.

I ordered a MoonRiver 2 from Amazon. I can easily return if not convinced

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I just ordered a Tanchjim Space as an unnecessary, impulse purchase... Let's see if it replaces my TempoTec Sonata E44 for driving the Dusk.

Top Bottom