• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping E70 Stereo DAC Review

Rate this DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 45 11.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 317 83.9%

• Total voters

BR52

Addicted to Fun and Learning
2551252.png

This is Toppings answer about quality in their website (see link). Construction?:facepalm:

Adaboy4z

" Another one" DJ Khalid

Gradius

"TOPPING will announce a brand-new E70 tomorrow, called E70 VELVET! It has flagship configuration, which features ultra-low noise, and could be another excellent partner of L70!"

Uses: AK4499EX+AK4191EQ

Photo attached...

Price: ~$399

Attachments

• 9.JPEG
    9.JPEG
    150.8 KB · Views: 94
D

Deleted member 4708

"TOPPING will announce a brand-new E70 tomorrow, called E70 VELVET! It has flagship configuration, which features ultra-low noise, and could be another excellent partner of L70!"

Uses: AK4499EX+AK4191EQ

Photo attached...

Price: ~$399
They will be sold in pairs: each works half the time...

Adaboy4z

Got the Velvet email this morning. First thought you can't tell them apart. It should have a velour or velvet top.

Gradius

So, now endless pages of debate about the E70 vs E70 Velvet .... swell.

Meanwhile, Topping doesn't care about producing endless flavors of DAC's .... as long as you BUY the Topping brand.
Yeah, it got ridiculous already.

threni

Major Contributor
Yeah, it got ridiculous already.
It's like Samsung with phones and tablets. It works. You walk in the store, or click around a bit, and you there's a good chance you're going to come away with a Samsung. No-one's going to not buy one because the range is too large/confusing - nobody thinks like that. Most people aren't going to sit down and populate a spreadsheet with the entire range and figure out exactly which one is for them (which is what I do!). They're going to pick the one in their price range which looks the nicest, preferring perhaps a "brand new model". They all sound the same anyway (DACs and amps, that is).

misterdog

Veri

Master Contributor
Looks like Topping made an E70V variant with the latest AKM chip. @WolfX-700 just measured the prototype. I think the regular E70 more than suffices though~
And honestly the E70V is more competition do the D90LE which seems odd to me in terms of product segmentation but oh well :D :D

E70 $349.00 E70V $449.00 https://shenzhenaudio.com/search?type=product&q=E70

Last edited:

BR52

Looks like Topping made an E70V variant with the latest AKM chip. @WolfX-700 just measured the prototype. I think the regular E70 more than suffices though, and if I'm not mistaken ESS E70 also has 'synchronous' mode, locking to the digital input with less tight DPLL which can help with stuttering etc connecting a jittery source.

And honestly the E70V is more competition do the D90LE which seems odd to me in terms of product segmentation but oh well :D :D

E70 $349.00 E70V $449.00 https://shenzhenaudio.com/search?type=product&q=E70
See we here a AKM-Hump? I could see it in the SMSL iteration as well.........

Kane1972

I enjoy both good engineering and the audible differences that produces.

I spent a great deal of time rebuilding my Quad 989 electrostatic loudspeakers into bespoke steel frames in order to hear the last drop of difference. The downside being that they are the size of a door and will literally kill you if you touch them - 3kV kil ovolts.

But there is no difference, and I can't hear it - that's numberwang.. :oops:
Numberwag or Wordwang? lol

Top Bottom