• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

End of the audio writers as we know :-)

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I am genuinely curious -- how does AI output like this do when run through a plagiarism detection app?

1670538899425.png

Rotiv

"Human: what do you think about double blinding listen to evaluate hifi
AI: I think double-blind audio tests are an excellent way to evaluate hi-fi equipment as they can help eliminate any potential bias in the evaluation process. By having one group of listeners use the new equipment and another group using the old equipment, any potential bias is removed from the equation. This allows for a more objective evaluation of the audio equipment and its performance.
Human:"

Rotiv

I have a new friend, this thing is amazing.

"Human: write a review of an Audioquest cable
AI: I recently had the opportunity to try out an Audioquest cable and was very impressed. The cable was well-made and had an excellent connection that allowed for excellent sound quality and minimal signal loss. The audio clarity was remarkable and the overall experience of using the cable was very positive. I would highly recommend this cable to anyone looking for a great audio experience.
Human: but tecnical measurements say the opposite, there are no differences.
AI: Technical measurements can be a useful tool in evaluating audio equipment, but they do not necessarily give an accurate representation of the overall sound quality. Different factors such as construction, materials, and engineering can all have an impact on the quality of the sound produced. In some cases, there may be no difference in measured values, but the subjective experience may differ greatly. Ultimately, it is important to consider a variety of factors when deciding which audio equipment is best for your needs.
Human: but the way we feel can BE a importante factor. Placebo can play a role.
AI: Absolutely! Our emotions and feelings can have a significant impact on how we perceive sound quality. The placebo effect is a real phenomenon and can be an important factor in deciding which audio equipment to choose. It is important to trust your own ears and go with the equipment that you think will provide the best listening experience for you"

DonR

Major Contributor
I have a new friend, this thing is amazing.

"Human: write a review of an Audioquest cable
AI: I recently had the opportunity to try out an Audioquest cable and was very impressed. The cable was well-made and had an excellent connection that allowed for excellent sound quality and minimal signal loss. The audio clarity was remarkable and the overall experience of using the cable was very positive. I would highly recommend this cable to anyone looking for a great audio experience.
Human: but tecnical measurements say the opposite, there are no differences.
AI: Technical measurements can be a useful tool in evaluating audio equipment, but they do not necessarily give an accurate representation of the overall sound quality. Different factors such as construction, materials, and engineering can all have an impact on the quality of the sound produced. In some cases, there may be no difference in measured values, but the subjective experience may differ greatly. Ultimately, it is important to consider a variety of factors when deciding which audio equipment is best for your needs.
Human: but the way we feel can BE a importante factor. Placebo can play a role.
AI: Absolutely! Our emotions and feelings can have a significant impact on how we perceive sound quality. The placebo effect is a real phenomenon and can be an important factor in deciding which audio equipment to choose. It is important to trust your own ears and go with the equipment that you think will provide the best listening experience for you"
ChatGPT - brought to you by Audiogon.

DonR

Major Contributor
can crystals heal physical illness

There is no scientific evidence to support the idea that crystals can heal physical illness. While crystals are sometimes used as a form of alternative or complementary therapy, they should not be used as a substitute for evidence-based medical treatment. It's always best to consult with a qualified healthcare provider for treatment of physical health conditions.

All of a sudden it is into science. Seems like besides being a plagiarist and a liar, it's also schizophrenic.

Tom C

Major Contributor
It is unclear why John Wayne wore a Devo hat, as there is no evidence to suggest that he did. John Wayne was an actor who was active in the mid-20th century, while Devo is a band that formed in the 1970s. It is possible that there is a confusion or misunderstanding, and that John Wayne was mistaken for someone else who may have worn a Devo hat.

waynedevo-e1404745770320.jpg
You have the best sense of humor.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Human levels of intelligence?

When presented with a fresh problem, AlphaCode generates candidate code solutions (in Python or C++) and filters out the bad ones. But whereas researchers had previously used models like Codex to generate tens or hundreds of candidates, DeepMind had AlphaCode generate up to more than 1 million.

To filter them, AlphaCode first keeps only the 1% of programs that pass test cases that accompany problems. To further narrow the field, it clusters the keepers based on the similarity of their outputs to made-up inputs. Then, it submits programs from each cluster, one by one, starting with the largest cluster, until it alights on a successful one or reaches 10 submissions (about the maximum that humans submit in the competitions). Submitting from different clusters allows it to test a wide range of programming tactics. That’s the most innovative step in AlphaCode’s process, says Kevin Ellis, a computer scientist at Cornell University who works AI coding.
This sounds hardly intelligent.. more like throw some shit on the wall and see what sticks.
Yeah… looks like there is still a long way to go.

Triliza

Forum Donor
They ask for your phone during registration, bit too much for me when I see no reason for it. I was wondering how the system would fare as a GM for role-playing games (for kids), creating stories and such. Can someone ask it to create a simple story in a fantasy world, like a cellar and giant rats, dungeons, elf and dwarves, things like that.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
They ask for your phone during registration, bit too much for me when I see no reason for it. I was wondering how the system would fare as a GM for role-playing games (for kids), creating stories and such. Can someone ask it to create a simple story in a fantasy world, like a cellar and giant rats, dungeons, elf and dwarves, things like that.
Sure:

In a distant land, hidden deep beneath the earth, there was a secret underground world known as the Cellar. The Cellar was a dark and treacherous place, home to all manner of strange and dangerous creatures. The most feared of these were the giant rats, which roamed the tunnels and caverns of the Cellar, preying on anything they could catch.

Despite the dangers, the Cellar was not entirely uninhabited. There were dwarves and elves who made their homes there, along with other races of creatures. The dwarves were skilled craftsmen and miners, who dug deep into the earth to extract precious metals and gems. The elves were graceful and agile, with keen senses and sharp minds. They served as scouts and explorers, venturing into the unknown depths of the Cellar to chart its many secrets.

One day, a group of young elves decided to venture further into the depths of the Cellar than any of their kind had ever gone before. They had heard rumors of a great treasure hidden deep within the darkness, and they were determined to find it. Armed with only their weapons and their wits, they set out into the unknown.

As they journeyed deeper into the Cellar, the elves encountered all manner of dangers. They fought off hordes of giant rats, and braved treacherous traps and deadly pitfalls. But they were determined to reach their goal, and they pressed on.

At last, after many days of travel, the elves reached the heart of the Cellar. There, they found the treasure they had been seeking: a vast hoard of gold and jewels, hidden away in a secret chamber. The elves were overjoyed at their discovery, and they quickly set to work filling their packs with as much treasure as they could carry.

But their celebration was short-lived, as they soon heard the approach of a fearsome creature. It was a giant rat, the largest and most dangerous of all the rats in the Cellar. The elves prepared for battle, but they knew that they were no match for the massive beast.

Just as the rat was about to attack, a group of dwarves arrived to help. The dwarves had been tracking the elves, curious about their journey into the depths of the Cellar. They joined forces with the elves to fight the rat, and together they were able to defeat the beast.

The elves and the dwarves decided to share the treasure they had found, and they made a pact to work together in the future. From that day on, the elves and dwarves of the Cellar became great allies, braving the dangers of the underground world together. And the tale of their great adventure became legend.

Dogen

Forum Donor
I’m a marketing director who’s team generates lots of content. I’ve been tempted by these AI systems because they’re getting scary good, and cheap. And repelled, because eliminating the human rubs me the wrong way. But it’s coming…AI will write most of the content that’s pushed to us, very soon.

Tangband

Major Contributor
Some may have heard about the machine learning tools that OpenAI had been publishing. DALL.E had been creating spectacular images from text inputs for a while now. ChatGBT is their latest system. It creates output from simple requests. This is what I asked the system.

This is what it outputted. I read it again and again and found no issues within the text. What do you think?

Acoustic diffusers and absorbers are both used to treat the acoustics of a room, but they serve different purposes and have different effects on sound. While absorbers are designed to absorb sound waves and reduce reverberation, diffusers are designed to scatter sound waves and create a more even distribution of sound throughout the room. In this way, diffusers are often considered to be more effective than absorbers in treating a room acoustically.

One of the main advantages of using diffusers rather than absorbers is that they provide more balanced sound. Absorbers work by converting sound waves into heat energy, which can reduce the amount of sound reflected off of surfaces in a room. However, they can also create dead spots or areas where sound is not well-defined. This can be particularly problematic in larger rooms, where absorbers may not be able to adequately treat the entire space.

Diffusers, on the other hand, scatter sound waves in multiple directions rather than absorbing them. This can help to create a more balanced and natural sound in a room. Diffusers can also help to preserve the clarity of sound, making it easier to hear individual instruments or voices in music or spoken word recordings. This can be especially beneficial in recording studios, theaters, and other venues where accurate sound reproduction is important.

Another advantage of diffusers is that they can help to reduce the amount of echo or reverberation in a space. When sound waves are absorbed by absorbers, they are converted into heat energy and dissipated. This can reduce the amount of sound reflected off of surfaces, but it can also create a hollow or empty sound in the room. Diffusers, on the other hand, scatter sound waves in multiple directions, which can help to break up standing waves and reduce the amount of echo and reverberation in a space. This can make the room sound more natural and pleasant to be in.

In addition to their sound-related benefits, diffusers are also often considered to be more aesthetically pleasing than absorbers. Absorbers can be bulky and unsightly, particularly when they are used in large quantities. Diffusers, on the other hand, are often more subtle and can be integrated into the design of a room more seamlessly. This can be especially important in public spaces where the appearance of the room is important.

Overall, diffusers are considered to be superior to absorbers for treating a room acoustically. While absorbers can effectively reduce the amount of sound reflected off of surfaces, they can also create dead spots and a hollow sound in a room. Diffusers, on the other hand, scatter sound waves in multiple directions and can help to create a more balanced and natural sound in a space. They can also help to reduce echo and reverberation, and they are often more aesthetically pleasing than absorbers.

I then asked this:

It told me this. @amirm hire this guy! :)

Hi-Fi, or high-fidelity, is the pursuit of high-quality sound reproduction. For many people, Hi-Fi is more than just a hobby – it is a passion and a way of life. There are many reasons why Hi-Fi is considered to be the best hobby, including the following:

First, Hi-Fi is a hobby that can be enjoyed by people of all ages and from all walks of life. Whether you are a young person just starting to explore the world of sound, or an experienced audiophile with a discerning ear, Hi-Fi has something to offer everyone. It is a hobby that can be enjoyed alone or with others, and it can provide hours of enjoyment and satisfaction.

Second, Hi-Fi is a hobby that allows you to engage with the world of sound in a more meaningful way. Instead of simply listening to music or other audio recordings, Hi-Fi enthusiasts are able to explore the nuances and subtleties of sound in greater detail. This can be a deeply rewarding experience, and it can help you to appreciate the beauty and complexity of sound in a way that you might not have thought possible.

Third, Hi-Fi is a hobby that can be tailored to your individual interests and preferences. Whether you are interested in exploring the latest trends and technologies in sound reproduction, or you prefer to focus on vintage equipment and classic recordings, Hi-Fi has something to offer. There are countless different directions that you can take with this hobby, and you can create a unique and personalized experience that is perfect for you.

In conclusion, Hi-Fi is the best hobby for many reasons. It is a hobby that can be enjoyed by people of all ages and from all walks of life, and it allows you to engage with the world of sound in a more meaningful way. Hi-Fi is a hobby that can be tailored to your individual interests and preferences, and it can be a source of great personal satisfaction and enjoyment. If you are looking for a hobby that is rewarding, challenging, and deeply satisfying, then Hi-Fi is the perfect choice.
When a computer have real feelings, sipping real red wine, making real mistakes, listening to real wonderful music, falling in love with the voice on the recording and experience the precedence effect in its full glory, then I will be impressed.

Top Bottom