• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PS Audio PowerPlant 3 Review

Rate this AC Regenerator

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 260 91.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 8 2.8%

• Total voters

tomtoo

Major Contributor
I realy wonder when ever we will see something else than a poor headless for a devicetype like this? Iam nearly sure we get the proof that Einstein was wrong with relativity before. :)

DonR

Major Contributor
I realy wonder when ever we will see something else than a poor headless for a devicetype like this? Iam nearly sure we get the proof that Einstein was wrong with relativity before. :)
Heck, I would be impressed if one of these things meaningfully removed noise under 20KHz regardless of the subsequent audible impact of devices downstream.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Heck, I would be impressed if one of these things meaningfully removed noise under 20KHz regardless of the subsequent audible impact of devices downstream.

For me this devices are as usefull as a nailfungus. Some may like it. ;)

lordhumungous

That's what class action lawsuits are for. Claw that money back.

Assuming "rich" people buy PSaudio's snake oil, they're more resourceful than most if they wanted their money back, or if they're just pissed off.

If any rich guy lawyer is reading this, all the proof you need is in the products, just have Amir measure them, iron clad scientific data that says, PSaudio is Guilty of fraud.
Well if they say their power plants improve audio quality and after scientific tests it is proven they don’t , that really is a serious problem for that company.

TNT

Strange that they could not design a power tone generator at 60 Hz with less distortion than -35 dB...

Is that so hard?

The review seem to lack info about what kind of load the DUT saw... 300W, 5W.... ??

//

Spocko

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I badly want to see PS Audio's latest flagship speaker aspen FR30 measured & reviewed on ASR! I love the attempt at something a little different although for $28K there are a few other choices out there. I mean, it should at least be as good as any of the Wilson or Magico products out there, right?

Screenshot 2022-12-08 at 10.31.06 AM.png

KellenVancouver

Addicted to Fun and Learning
This is a review that the minute you look at the title you say, “Oh no, this isn’t going to be good”
Yup. The moment I read PS Audio I expected a headless panther to follow. Sadly, expectation met.

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
On this website, you regularly need what you can expect based on product types. And anything that is power related tends to end up revealing it has no reason to exist. :)

I have to admit that -like Amir stated- I did fall for it in my impressionable audio days and got some expensive "audio power optimizer" (not this brand, but praised in the audio press at the time with "lifting that last veil" (have audio reviewers read "1001 Nights" too often? :-D) etc. I noticed no difference whatsoever. But I still keep it -unused- as part of my system, because it looks bad*ss. :)

The only thing I use is a good power strip for protection.

Last edited:

lordhumungous

Maybe Paul can come here to the site and explain why his power plant makes the music sound better !

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

MAB

Major Contributor
For me it's interesting to mesure a :

Furman AC-210 A E Power Conditioner​

A professional product that has been proven for a long time and which is recognized as significantly improving the sound.

Not an "Audio(idiot)phile High End" product like this PS Audio Powerplant...
Is there a test that shows sound improvement? Pros buy crap too.
Most of the installs I see are fear-based. Like "You don't know what you're missing", and "Need to protect your valuable gear". I seriously doubt any sonic improvement. I'm not convinced they even provide protection, and are just one more piece of equipment that can fail.

xaxxon

For me it's interesting to mesure a :

Furman AC-210 A E Power Conditioner​

A professional product that has been proven for a long time and which is recognized as significantly improving the sound.

Not an "Audio(idiot)phile High End" product like this PS Audio Powerplant...
Honestly there's really not a lot left to improve sound - much less significantly improving it. We're basically at end game already.

NDRQ

"PSA" literally the synonym for snakeoil & garbage hifi.
One of the biggest filthy scammers in the audio industry..

Is the any PSA stuff that at least reach the mediocre level or all of their products are just industrial waste?

Last edited:

xaxxon

I badly want to see PS Audio's latest flagship speaker aspen FR30 measured & reviewed on ASR! I love the attempt at something a little different although for $28K there are a few other choices out there. I mean, it should at least be as good as any of the Wilson or Magico products out there, right?

View attachment 248595
Performance would likely be VERY different from a wilson you'd get at that price.

You're only one step up from their smallest floorstanding speakers at that price. There's no replacement for displacement (technically power/driver movement - but still)

Top Bottom