• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

$55000 Nordost cables for $60.

Mr. Widget

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I received my CARDAS REFERENCE POWER CABLE from AliExpress today and I have to say it's genuine.

It says so on the cable. Made in USA. Patent numbers. Cardas name on the side.
It also has directional arrows on the side... I guess no one told the "engineers" at Cardas that the electrons go both directions through the cable. :eek:

OP
N

noiseangel

It also has directional arrows on the side... I guess no one told the "engineers" at Cardas that the electrons go both directions through the cable. :eek:
How observant. I didn't even notice. I'VE BEEN RIPPED ONLY GETTING HALF OF WHAT I PAID FOR.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
I believe that Paul over @ PS Audio sells an electron harvester that you can use to gather up the ones that get away and use them for other purposes. It's getting to be a very green industry, you know?

DonR

Major Contributor
I received my CARDAS REFERENCE POWER CABLE from AliExpress today and I have to say it's genuine.

It says so on the cable. Made in USA. Patent numbers. Cardas name on the side. I'm going to sell it for $1000 and start my own HiFi shop.

As far as sound goes the soundstage is so expansive my neighbor complained about it entering his living room.

All this for $29 delivered. I can't even by a Cardas baseball cap for that.

View attachment 248308View attachment 248309View attachment 248310View attachment 248311
Are there any marks or blemishes on it that would indicate this is a factory second?

OP
N

noiseangel

Are there any marks or blemishes on it that would indicate this is a factory second?
My neighbor couldn't hear any :D

Elitzur–Vaidman

Addicted to Fun and Learning

It says so on the cable. Made in USA. Patent numbers. Cardas name on the side. I'm going to sell it for $1000 and start my own HiFi shop.

As far as sound goes the soundstage is so expansive my neighbor complained about it entering his living room.

All this for $29 delivered. I can't even by a Cardas baseball cap for that.
The madlad did it...

OP
N

noiseangel

I have worked this out and I am going to patent it. You heard it here first.

I'm going to buy another cable and connect them in parallel with the arrows going in OPPOSING DIRECTIONS to each other therefore allowing the electrons to pick which ever cable they need to go in that direction.

Then my mate said why dont you just draw arrows on the cable going in the other direction? Surely the electrons can read? Can't they?

I'm so confused.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
I would mainly worry about an organisation who is happy to make cheap cables clones also being happy to cheap out on build safety for a power cable.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I would mainly worry about an organisation who is happy to make cheap cables clones also being happy to cheap out on build safety for a power cable.
These might be made in the same factory at night and sold "out the back door" so to speak. But your safety concern is still a valid one.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
These might be made in the same factory at night and sold "out the back door" so to speak. But your safety concern is still a valid one.
That is possible - or not.
Even if so - they could also be the ones that failed the safety tests :p

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That is possible - or not.
Even if so - they could also be the ones that failed the safety tests :p
I've read that the "nighttime" products often don't get the same quality control. So that could very well be.

OP
N

noiseangel

Left my review on AliExpress

AliExpress Shopper
AU

Color:
AU Version Length: 1.5m Logistics: AliExpress Standard Shipping
The sound stage has increased so much my neighbor complained he had background singers in his living room. The highs were so high I can't hear them anymore. 08 Dec 2022 16:45

rcstevensonaz

An alternate take from a business perspective: purchasing the cable would be a business expense that offsets $55K in revenue (with approx $20K tax savings). Perhaps then combined with personal purchases from an unnamed affiliated company for luxury goods that have been "deeply discounted"... maybe $55K worth of such luxury goods for only $10K.

Of course, probably would need more than a single cable :)

Sanlitun

That thread is comedy gold. They know the cables are fake, and someone even took an Odin Gold PC apart and found the shielding is just gold coloured paper.

Debating the differences in fake cables…

Top Bottom