• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Paris Audio Video Show 2022

bt3

Pics to give the folks over at audiogon a fever dream.
Grateful I don't have the means to blow huge sums on hernia boxes.
Older I get, more I revel in simple and less.

RichB

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

RichB

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Try before you buy. ;) They didn't please as much as the Blades did to me in my room.

This has become quite difficult. It was a problem when the showroom acoustics do not match the room at home.
Now, there are no showrooms for many.

- Rich

juliangst

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Would love to own the Blade Meta one day as well.
Paired with some subs and corrected by DL Bass Control would make it one of the best system I can think of

elberoth

It's precisely 10876 entries, including the November 7th, for press and professionals.

Thanks, but I'm asking how many rooms they had. I can estimate the # of vistors from the crowds and # of rooms.

You would be surprised, how many shows post inflated visitors #s (to put it mildly).

To have 11k visitors, they should have at least 150 rooms, at that is considering HUGE crowds on all 3 days ...

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
M13 is soon to be expected
Haven't heard any rumor about it... They should have used it to drive the two M23s here:
Perlisten.jpg
;)
To have 11k visitors, they should have at least 150 rooms, at that is considering HUGE crowds
They never said it was 11k permanent visitors (virtually impossible ;)). It's supposed to be 11k over 3 days. From what I've seen on Saturday, It is perfectly plausible that we were, at least, 4k visitors during the all day.

You get the all plan here:

Attachments

• Plan_PAVS_2022 (2).pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 40

Todd k

Forum Donor
But there's a cutout right below the binding posts. U sure it can't be closed with the cables attached and routed vertically?
My revel salon’s doors won’t close over my way overpriced siltech cables(bought way before I knew about ASR) the only thing I don’t like about these otherwise fabulous speakers

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
i thought i'd see some Arendal Sound but i didnt. they dont join audio show??
It would be very unlikely to see direct sales companies (Arendal, Buchardt, somehow Monoprice) at these kind of events.

The organiser (Son-Video.com) wouldn't take any benefit from that move.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
To continue with the speakers of exception with an unsightly base, there is the Revel ultima with this flap that I find atrocious especially as it can not close when the cables are in place. So I prefer the blade .
s-l500.jpg
There is a slot that is almost 2" wide to pass your cables. How thick are your cables? My Salon2 flap is closed with no problem at all.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
This will be the case but banana plugs must be send to the lab where they belong. :)

Joke aside I do believe that they are not suitable connectors for permanent connections.

4mm bananas are for test instruments and science labs, I agree.

Many of the old style spring terminals offer considerably lower contact resistance, especially in the long term as they compress the bare copper and retain high contact pressure. Trouble is, audiophiles have been brainwashed into fire-hose diameter cables as being 'normal'.

Locking banana plugs only cause trip hazards and pull speakers and gear off racks when the inevitable accident happens.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
4mm bananas are for test instruments and science labs, I agree.

Many of the old style spring terminals offer considerably lower contact resistance, especially in the long term as they compress the bare copper and retain high contact pressure. Trouble is, audiophiles have been brainwashed into fire-hose diameter cables as being 'normal'.

Locking banana plugs only cause trip hazards and pull speakers and gear off racks when the inevitable accident happens.
Very true.

Almost every speaker that accepts bananas also accepts these and there are tons of ready made cables available.

2CD5000B-E6FB-48EC-9DAC-2EC7F99C944B.jpeg

14D394B0-2F3A-4AB9-8814-80A110C0A3F8.jpeg

Top Bottom