• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping DM7 Owners Thread

grizaudio

I run a purpose built Win10 on a fan-less, open bench rig. It's pretty old but it's dead stable.
Does the Topping DM7 switch sampling rates quickly? Any idea how long switches take? I.e. in a second, two.
I believe the DM7 will operate perfectly fine under Linux, do you have any experience with the DM7 using Linux?

The Motu takes about 4 seconds in linux. Hoping to improve this time.

OP
D

dartinbout

I run frequent, mixed sample rate, playlist shuffles, with a large buffer, and no noticeable lag between tracks. Whatever it is, it's much shorter then 4 seconds. I'm a windoze guy for my HTPC.

OP
D

dartinbout

Because of the comments from the engineer behind this in the other thread, and because I use this for 4 subs, I bought this guy which has given me a lot of peace if mind since all my subs are rca:

This may be overkill but it is also cheaper than replacing even one speaker and it works as intended.
What the heck did this Bi-S___L Octopi of a beast cost yah? If I had that many Subs, it would be probably worth it but I don't need the bombast that many transducers, that are all probably bigger then my head, would create. I've got one 15" sub woofer that has played well with the DM7 so far.

Mowz

What the heck did this Bi-S___L Octopi of a beast cost yah? If I had that many Subs, it would be probably worth it but I don't need the bombast that many transducers, that are all probably bigger then my head, would create. I've got one 15" sub woofer that has played well with the DM7 so far.
369 plus shipping, which is less than a lot of the proposed options in the dm7 review thread, but yeah if you just turn things on and off right you probably don't need this fugly box on your shelf

OP
D

dartinbout

But if I always powered cycle the sub correctly, I'd miss the frisson of thinking somebody was firing a muffled hand gun at my heado_O

dolph

I am considering buying the Topping DM7 to add two subwoofers to my stereo setup (2.2) and have it all corrected using DIRAC live.

Is this possible with Dirac/Topping DM7 combination or am I missing something? Currently I am using Dirac stereo but I can upgrade if necessary.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
I am considering buying the Topping DM7 to add two subwoofers to my stereo setup (2.2) and have it all corrected using DIRAC live.

Is this possible with Dirac/Topping DM7 combination or am I missing something? Currently I am using Dirac stereo but I can upgrade if necessary.
It is possible. What are you running Dirac on?

Hmast

Hello here,

Any possibility to run a 4.1 system with this DAC? I wish I could route the central channel to the Left and Right front speakers.

dolph

Ok. I bought the DM7 and applied for a bass control beta license. It wasn't available any more as beta testing has ended.

Now I need a way to connect my subwoofers... A way to route the stereo signal to another set of channels in the DM7... Just to try it out. Any way to this with Foobar? I tried the 5.1 plugin just for fun, and that enabled the subwoofer but also change the sound. Dirac is not important as of now.

Sokel

Master Contributor
Ok. I bought the DM7 and applied for a bass control beta license. It wasn't available any more as beta testing has ended.

Now I need a way to connect my subwoofers... A way to route the stereo signal to another set of channels in the DM7... Just to try it out. Any way to this with Foobar? I tried the 5.1 plugin just for fun, and that enabled the subwoofer but also change the sound. Dirac is not important as of now.

You can do the mapping here as long as the drivers presents the channels.
If you want to do crossover use a vst amongst the one fit for the job.

1677334746923.png

mccarty350

Question since it's been a while from the last post:
1. I have an 8 way multichannel system.
2. I currently use audiolense and audiolense convolver.
3. I leverage ASIO drivers.

Given I've heard mention of channel mapping issues, etc. on this Topping platform is there anyone that has attempted to use this product with audiolense or that has in recent times put the channel mapping through the wringer? Is there an ASIO driver for this?

Thanks!

John

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
#3: Yes there is an ASIO driver.

tinnitus

# 1: I have a 4 channel (stereo) system
# 2: I use a ((acourate sytem)) with CamillaDSP (Linux). Acourate use the channel 1,3,5,7 for left channel and 2,4,6,8 for right channel. In CamillaDSP you can mix the channels as you like.

grizaudio

Question since it's been a while from the last post:
1. I have an 8 way multichannel system.
2. I currently use audiolense and audiolense convolver.
3. I leverage ASIO drivers.

Given I've heard mention of channel mapping issues, etc. on this Topping platform is there anyone that has attempted to use this product with audiolense or that has in recent times put the channel mapping through the wringer? Is there an ASIO driver for this?

Thanks!

John

Channel mapping is performed by your choice of software.

mccarty350

Thanks for all the support much appreciated. I had no idea that foobar had a matrix mixer plugin, that's super valuable. I use both but foobar is so much slimmer of an app I'd like to go back to leveraging it more.

Top Bottom