• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amir’s System?

TimF

Forum Donor
Maybe I will post this information in this thread: the website powerelectronicsnews is pretty neat. I found it had an article on a control module for electrical bicycle/scooter. It also has tutorials. Almost all of the website is over my head though.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Maybe I will post this information in this thread: the website powerelectronicsnews is pretty neat. I found it had an article on a control module for electrical bicycle/scooter. It also has tutorials. Almost all of the website is over my head though.
There are DIY and Audio Electronics forums here that may be more appropriate. That's where the electronics boffins will hang out.

chych7

Some of his room measurements are in this thread:

No information about reverb/time domain response though.

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
i just want to see him testing more vegetables to see which combo has the best electrical performance. The photo of vegetables all wired up just makes for interesting questions.

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My Berkeley Alpha USB converter died a while ago. My main DAC is now Topping D90SE. The Matrix kept acting up when I switched tracks. Have not had time to contact them to see what is up. My main Mark Levinson Monoblocks are broken as noted. So I use the Stereo ML amp. You can see a picture of my system as of last year here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...measurements-of-lyngdorf-roomperfect-eq.6799/

index.php

I didn't realize people are looking at my profile which is 5+ years old. Will update at some point.
Looks like an attic man-cave!
Nice.
And yes, hose-pipe speaker cables and looking at the FR graphs on his laptop.

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
Looks like an attic man-cave!
Nice.
And yes, hose-pipe speaker cables and looking at the FR graphs on his laptop.
The main problem I see in Amir's set up is the size of the tv. He needs a nice 85 inch. They are fairly cheap now and everything is life size on them. Maybe someone can donate a new 85 incher to Amir?

FlyingFreak

The main problem I see in Amir's set up is the size of the tv. He needs a nice 85 inch. They are fairly cheap now and everything is life size on them. Maybe someone can donate a new 85 incher to Amir?
Or a projector and an electric screen? Cabinet for tv is too high and 85 inch might touch the ceiling?

Amir, you help us all with our audio system, now we’re going to take care of your image set up

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Or a projector and an electric screen? Cabinet for tv is too high and 85 inch might touch the ceiling?

Amir, you help us all with our audio system, now we’re going to take care of your image set up
Projectors are better.
An 85" plate glass reflects too much.
I doubt this attic is his cinema room anyway.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

Where were you to pay for the new projector I just bought for out theater??? :)

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
No acoustic treatment ?
There is plenty of acoustic treatment. Soundwaves don't care if you have a commercial product or furnishings. The carpet on the floor for example was especially picked to be very thick and plush as to absorb down to a few hundred hertz (broadband absorber). EQ is used to deal with bass modes. The extremely high volume of space helps a lot with this as well. Finally, this is a loft overlooking our living room. In no way was it going to inherit any kind of standard acoustic treatment!

Sonny1

Not sure if he's made changes since posting this:
Equipment:
  • Mark Levinson amplifiers and DAC.
  • Revel Salon 2 Speakers
  • Berkeley Alpha USB->AES/EBU converter
  • Windows 10, silent, custom PC music server
  • Roon Music Management
  • Tidal Music Streaming
I thought that he had Benchmark amps, not sure.

Don’t forget the set of cryo’d tube connectors and speaker wire risers!

dtaylo1066

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'm aghast to see his speaker wires lying on the floor. Clearly some speaker wire lifters are needed. And where the heck is is AC line conditioner? And no Totem Acoustic Beaks atop the Revels? No Beaks is clearly something to squawk about. And what's the SINAD of that reel to reel? Lots of highly suspect stuff going on here. Very disturbing, indeed.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
And what's the SINAD of that reel to reel?

D

Deleted member 21219

Don’t forget the set of cryo’d tube connectors and speaker wire risers!
I'm aghast to see his speaker wires lying on the floor. Clearly some speaker wire lifters are needed. And where the heck is is AC line conditioner? And no Totem Acoustic Beaks atop the Revels? No Beaks is clearly something to squawk about. And what's the SINAD of that reel to reel? Lots of highly suspect stuff going on here. Very disturbing, indeed.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ... remember Poe's Law!

Jim

dtaylo1066

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ... remember Poe's Law!

Jim

Yes, I shall yield to Poe. Dear readers, please realize my above post was an attempt at sarcastic or cynical humor, as I have nothing but utter respect for the audio system and its owner. In fact, I would be most content if the system were relocated to my listening room.

Anton D

Not sure if he's made changes since posting this:
Equipment:
  • Mark Levinson amplifiers and DAC.
  • Revel Salon 2 Speakers
  • Berkeley Alpha USB->AES/EBU converter
  • Windows 10, silent, custom PC music server
  • Roon Music Management
  • Tidal Music Streaming
I thought that he had Benchmark amps, not sure.
If he posted that anonymously, it would be fun to watch the keyboard audiophiles bash him.

Bleib

Major Contributor
Projectors are better.
An 85" plate glass reflects too much.
I doubt this attic is his cinema room anyway.
I'd rather not have audible fans

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Internal Operating system? Very much windows 3.11 for work groups ,, not so much win95 and certainly not anything apple came up with after .

He dose however make fabulous rice , Lebanese style . He's also spent much time in Japan , in a very successful corporate environment so one must assume he's experienced first class sushi, he still as far as I know holds a love of fish and chips so he's not all bad , or maybe he really shouldn't be listened too ..

What was the question? ..

Top Bottom