• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

Perepep

does anyone know how to get stream what you hear on PC working with wiim mini?

I have tried http live streaming to open network stream on wiim but nothing works

You have to install a Dlna server on your win. I use output Upnp on Foobar2000

MCH

Major Contributor
It does now. Firmware upgraded. Not sure how they’re shipping now.

If you use it as an output, you lose the input function since there’s only one USB port
Hello guys. How does the USB out work? Like if it was a smartphone? Does it work in general with every DAC/dongle?

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
Tried this and faced same problem as this:

swyh-rs is shown playing on wiim app on the phone but no sound coming from speakers.

Within the gui, it shows the following:
Streaming audio/L16 (LPCM), input sample format F32, channels=2, rate=48000, disable chunked=false to 192.168.1.162:52982
Streaming to 192.168.1.162:52982 has ended
Do you have swyh-rs properly configured, especially audio source to be captured?

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
More data on Pro:

No more details for now as stated :

1669108899255.png

Last edited:

Turambar

I have question on mqa, does renderer on dac extend let say mqa core 96 and renderer will expand that to 192khz?
Yes, but not necessarily to 192kHz, that depends on the renderer itself.

MQA will upsample / filtering until declared capacity of the device and the original master. Most of the times this means 352.8 for 44.1 master files, and 384 for 48 master files, for an mqa x16 device.

Turambar

From Qobuz, I click the speaker icon and choose the Wiim Mini. Are you saying that’s actually just using Airplay?
There is no Qobuz Connect facility, of course you can use Chromecast, Airplay, Bluetooth,... to transmit Qobuz wirelessly, but with the limitations of each platform.

Music1969

Major Contributor
Are you saying that’s actually just using Airplay?
Well on the 'Qobuz Connect' screen you can see yourself Airplay is one of the options

They've been calling it 'Qobuz Connect' for years.

They are working on the 'proper' Connect style at the moment.

As soon as we see one device, everyone should contact WiiM to request support.

Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 7.44.45 pm.png

Philsen89

Do I have to activate mqa at first? Mqa is not working here. Tracks are always at 48hz 24 bit.

Philsen89

I don’t have these option, but I have the right version. So they didn’t put me on the whitelist for beta test yet?

Michou

Do I have to activate mqa at first? Mqa is not working here. Tracks are always at 48hz 24 bit.
After the firmware upgrade, you must upgrade the app. Then, I believe you must play your music in Tidal's app own Tidal connect, select the Wiim in order to be able to use the MQA features such as core decode. This has been my experience.

Philsen89

After the firmware upgrade, you must upgrade the app. Then, I believe you must play your music in Tidal's app own Tidal connect, select the Wiim in order to be able to use the MQA features such as core decode. This has been my experience.
I tried everything and it worked. Thanks Sir!

Smislov

Are you planning to listen by headphone? If so, connect wiim to DAC via toslink, as stated before, no usb output available.
Otherwise, if you have an amplifier, better connect phono preamp to it.
Dac to Ncore amp :) so DAC is my Pre Amp... Android box than go USB [96 KHz out:( ], Wiim Mini - TOSlink; CD to COAX :) Always turntable is problem ;p
For Lp this is OK >)
index.php

Is there any difference between the original wimm device I purchased a year or so ago and the one that is being sold now on Amazon? I believe it has a 2 in the model # now.

Merifon

Dac to Ncore amp :) so DAC is my Pre Amp... Android box than go USB [96 KHz out:( ], Wiim Mini - TOSlink; CD to COAX :) Always turntable is problem ;p
For Lp this is
If no better solutions available, WiiM's analog input could work.
However the distortion will be the sum of that of each component of the chain. It doesn't happen that the higher one simply covers the lower one.

Top Bottom