• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Paris Audio Video Show 2022

juliangst

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Awesome pics! I'm really interested in the new Yamaha NS-2000A; there are barely any reviews on their NS-3000 and 5000 speakers

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

mash

Great Pics VintageFlanker!

I'm torn looking at all the high end stuff these days. There was a time when I was sucked into the audio fantasy world and bought all of the crap that the audio review industry tried to sell us. I want those massive speakers, amps and other gear to sound as good as they look. Who wouldn't want to own something that looks like a left over prop from a 60/70's SciFi movie?.....alas, ASR has ruined me for life. Wanting maufactorers and reviewers to prominently correlate measurements and performance seems to be a minority view these days (for both manufacturers and reviewers). The sad thing is that some of those pieces are likely very decent products but finding the needle in the audio industry haystack is getting harder and harder...given the current state of the audio review industry.

groovybassist

Forum Donor
Thanks for the great pics!

fredoamigo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Awesome pics! I'm really interested in the new Yamaha NS-2000A; there are barely any reviews on their NS-3000 and 5000 speakers
Like you, I did some research on the NS-2000A without finding anything and we can't say that Yamaha makes an outrageous marketing about them and yet they are particularly interesting by their design. but still a little surprised that Yamaha always at the forefront of innovation does not use waveguides yet?
I don't know if they were on when our @VintageFlanker lanker friend came by the booth?
way, thanks for this report with great pictures !;)

yamaha_ns2000a_rs_chamber_2560.jpg

Last edited:

renaudrenaud

Major Contributor
Awesome, can’t wait to read about your experience and impressions. Many of those speakers are worth more than my house! :eek:
I visited recently a final assembly line for the European airplanes company. There was a lot of equipment there but for the majority each one was less expansive than this audi equipment. But for these ones, you are sure to fly.

Juhazi

Major Contributor
^Oscar, On the contrary, lifters do really work! Once I visited a friend and took some REW acoustic measurements of his Triangle speakers. RCA cable from my ODAC to his amp run across the room on the floor and picked loud 50Hz hum obviously from apartment's power cables. Lifting the cable helped! Sorry I didn't save those measurements.

It has taken me a long time to set cables appropriately at home...

20221121_084545.jpg

Last edited:

Tangband

Major Contributor
Nice reporting.:)

I have some indication from listeners that the Elipson A2700 is one of the most hidden gem in the audioworld. It might be a fabulous amplifier .

Here is a subjective sound review video about this amplifier .

Last edited:

oscar_dziki

^Oscar, On the contrary, lifters do really work! Once I visited a friend and took some REW acoustic measurements of his Triangle speakers. RCA cable from my ODAC to his amp run across the room on the floor and picked loud 50Hz hum obviously from apartment's power cables. Lifting the cable helped! Sorry I didn't save those measurements.

It has taken me a long time to set cables appropriately at home...

View attachment 244990
We are talking about speaker cables - as seen on the display. Secondly, I don't think the experiment you described is valid, regardless of you not keeping the measurements. My ODAC likes to hum as well depending on placement. I think it's a very vulnerable design, but I'm sure there are more educated people than me, that could chime in on this matter. But more importantly - we are speaking about speaker cables here, that transfer way more current, and the amplitude between signal and any interference energy would be just ridiculously high.

Geert

Major Contributor
Great photos! Mostly of them I like Cabasse approach and design.

Indeed nice to see how innovative they are. A new compact active 3-way coaxial bookshelf with integrated streamer, room eq and touch screen. A new integrated class D amp with room eq. Nice to see a company doing something else than pushing out the next amp or DAC with the same 80's feature set.

Last edited:

Badunn

Call me a cynic but having now become a firm subscriber to the ASR 'let's get the basic concepts right' foundation I look at some of those shiny trinkets of hifi componentry and don't get a nice warm feeling as I would have 10 years or so ago. I immediately looked at speaker cable thicknesses and could see some real 'hose thickness' stuff.

Of course some of the stuff exhibited probably did sound good. Very good even. And some would argue it's not just about the sound but cool aesthetics.

Nice photo's though.

Top Bottom