• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

svs pc 2000 pro review

talonmalin

Most subwoofers on the market are square boxes, with one or two woofers facing outward and with an open or closed enclosure. Occasionally you will also find one with a driver that is aimed at the floor. The PC-2000 Pro, however, is something completely different. It presents itself as a large, anonymous cylinder, just over 86 cm high. That seems like a lot, but because the footprint has a diameter of 42 cm, the visual impact is not too bad. Apart from the acoustic benefits of this shape, the PC-2000 Pro is all about that (relatively) inconspicuous profile. You can put this SVS in places where a classic sub might not fit, also because you can use it in an open or closed mode. This makes the PC-2000 Pro perhaps an attractive option for music lovers who want to take the step to 2.1, SVS pc 2000 pro review

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
Back to their roots? This is from 2001: https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/threads/my-svs-16-46pc-review.9391/

And a pic of the same:
586404-3a1c1611-svs_1646_pc_subwoofer.jpg

Jim
20 years later. Good reminder that they are bringing back a great legacy design. Most home theater enthusiasts have more room in the vertical to squeeze in a sub. I had 4 SVS subs. They were all excellent performers and never had a single problem with them.

just1n

Forum Donor
My first sub was a SVS 25-31CS tuned to 22hz. Loved that sub and I still have it. Haven’t let it go but can’t use it in my current space.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Not much of a review (well, around here particularly). Good subs the PCs, tho, generally close enough to the same PB offering at a lesser footprint (but always remind me of cat scratching posts no matter what). DIY with concrete forms similarly is popular.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
You'll need to Google it (Hsu Original subwoofers) because I can't remember. (I hate old age! :confused:)
I do remember that there were different heights, which provided the customer with tunings that were ever-lower in frequency, but that's about it.

Jim
Some of the taller column subs I've seen so suspected got closer to LLT status with height....I think I saw some Hsu shorter columns once, but nothing like those! Will go looking around, thanks....

Top Bottom