• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D30 DAC Measurement and Review

audioconnosier013

ordered a topping stack but got schiit stack instead, all i want

is mad sound mad bass but these dumb companies sent me schiit (sh1t) stack

instead

so now i am stuck with stack i do not want instead of topping stack that i

ordered and requested from the company on amazon/www,aliexpress

i am just about done with companys stealing my money and sending wrong incorrect productsall the time

all i want is party with good sound music and relax and play league of legend on my computer with fantastic quality topping stack soundcard

sound

do you think tay k would setle for a schit stack instaed of what he ordered a *topping* stack instead of a schiit stack?

no

he calls the shots and his associates willing to die for his crew and him

so aliexpress will do the same to me and i will get my topping stack instead of schiit

Keltere

ordered a topping stack but got schiit stack instead, all i want

is mad sound mad bass but these dumb companies sent me schiit (sh1t) stack

instead

so now i am stuck with stack i do not want instead of topping stack that i

ordered and requested from the company on amazon/www,aliexpress

i am just about done with companys stealing my money and sending wrong incorrect productsall the time

all i want is party with good sound music and relax and play league of legend on my computer with fantastic quality topping stack soundcard

sound

do you think tay k would setle for a schit stack instaed of what he ordered a *topping* stack instead of a schiit stack?

no

he calls the shots and his associates willing to die for his crew and him

so aliexpress will do the same to me and i will get my topping stack instead of schiit

phoenixsong

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I tested the jitterbug before forming ASR Forum. It came free with my iFi iDAC. As you can imagine, it does nothing.

i-2C3hPFv-XL.png

i-XRWWv6m-XL.png

i-Xmb2tm3-XL.png
Yay, first post! I stumbled across this site while looking up on information about the topping dacs (yeah, of course I would XD). To my pleasant surprise, this forum seems to encourage honest and free expression in a light-hearted yet serious manner- so that brings me here :)

Btw Amir, I was wondering if it'll be possible for you to measure the Ifi iusb3.0 nano as well. I've done a listening comparison with it feeding my OL DAC/SDAC and o2 amp setup with the Fostex THX-00 Ebony headphones connected, and to my ears it was even better than the Ifi iDSD Black Label feeding the Fostex headphones direct. They also have an iusb3.0 micro, but that is twice as costly and as such not worth the minor improvement imo

PS: Planning to upgrade to either a Topping D30 or D50 and the JDS Atom amp. Which of the Topping DACs would you recommend? If the ifi iusb3.0 is effective I plan to use it to power and feed the D50 via separate usb cables

Last edited:

somebodytolove

Hello, recently i bought d30 and a30. And i'm curious, is there any way to connect my dap (cayin n3) to d30, because i haven't found stereo adapters 3.5 to single rca nor to optical. Sorry if I in the wrong thread

Keltere

Hello, recently i bought d30 and a30. And i'm curious, is there any way to connect my dap (cayin n3) to d30, because i haven't found stereo adapters 3.5 to single rca nor to optical. Sorry if I in the wrong thread

a bluetooth-optical should work if it's not working with usb

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Btw Amir, I was wondering if it'll be possible for you to measure the Ifi iusb3.0 nano as well.
Wow, as tweaks go, that is so expensive ($420 on Amazon). So i won't be buying it. If someone wants to offer me one to test, I will do. I do have anther (smaller) ifi cleaner product to review.

phoenixsong

Wow, as tweaks go, that is so expensive ($420 on Amazon). So i won't be buying it. If someone wants to offer me one to test, I will do. I do have anther (smaller) ifi cleaner product to review.
Dang, that's expensive! I got mine under $200. Wouldn't mind sending it over, if not for the fact that it's in Singapore haha. The shipping would probably cost 30% of the product itself

confucius_zero

Is this DAC still relevant now that the DX3PRO, the D50, the El DAC and the M8 are out?

I heard it at my friend's place and it outplayed my old REGA DAC! Tempted to swap my rega for that.

phoenixsong

Is this DAC still relevant now that the DX3PRO, the D50, the El DAC and the M8 are out?

I heard it at my friend's place and it outplayed my old REGA DAC! Tempted to swap my rega for that.
Yeah, why not? :) Considering both measurements and price point, it can arguably compete with those you mentioned. Not to mention it has already proven its relevancy to your ears XD

espec50

Hi, does anyone have the firmware for this dac? I currently having issues with USB audio, the SPDIF connection works fine but USB I get no sound. Any help appreciated thanks.

Jimster480

Major Contributor
I'm not sure about DFU loader. But I do have the xmos drivers that work on the D30.

use this one.

Attachments

• DX7 Driver_Ver1.0.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 298

marX

Shenzenaudio has D30 at 101 USD. Not sure if its a good deal but...there you go !

Top Bottom