• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Star Wars: Andor (TV)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Andor sound is also good, very good. Have taken to watch it in my HT, on the large screen... A pleasure.
The sound is in Dolby Atmos, occasionally used to really good effect.
Also in HDR10 video.
At least if you stream with a Apple TV 4k box. :p

Last edited:

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The sound is in Dolby Atmos, occasionally used to good effect.
Also in HDR10 video.
At least if you stream with a Apple TV 4k box. :p
See!?... I was right, you are a secret Andor admirer , thus watcher...;).. Come on tell us :D, it is not too bad, slow perhaps for your tastes, but.. come on! :D

You know, I did not notice the HDR part, my big screen is not HDR but the TVs are.. and I do use Apple TV 4K..
I will check this out.
Thanks

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
See!?... I was right, you are a secret Andor admirer , thus watcher...;).. Come on tell us :D, it is not too bad, slow perhaps for your tastes, but.. come on! :D
??? I've been watching and commenting here since Ep1, I just don't think it's much of a "Star Wars" SciFi saga.

Just finished watching the first 1977 Star Wars - A New Hope for the first time in decades.
The stream from Disney + on Apple4K TV has the latest 4K60 HDR10 video and Atmos soundtrack, really excellent.
I was a SciFi fan all my life but the first time I saw this film in the theater in 1977 it blew my mind.
Starting with the incredible (for it's time) graphics of the spaceships and then the bar screen with the alien
makeup artistry that I'd never seen before, it was just awesome and something totally new in theater viewing.
I don't think there's been another film that's made the impression on SciFi fans in the way the that one did.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I finished the show a few days ago. Fact that I didn’t watch every episode shortly after it came out says enough. I did mostly like it, but I think it could have been much better. I’m still not over the first 10 minutes of e01 either. It properly ruined Andor for me.

Somehow the cringe fest of Obi One was more engaging than this though. I specifically say “engaging” because good it wasn’t by any measure. Quality wise, Andor was a lot better.

I still think there should be much more to get out of this show. Hopefully they can pull it off with season 2.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I still think there should be much more to get out of this show. Hopefully they can pull it off with season 2
I'd much more look forward to Season 3 of StarTrek Picard or Season 2 of Strange New Worlds.
That's good SciFi to me.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

D!sco

Picard hurts my brain. I had all of TNG playing in the background while studying in college. Made it through the whole series in the second year. I can't believe how much the man playing Picard messed up writing the character of Picard.

This, on the other hand, has some problems but shows some real potential for what sci-fi could be. Slow, reasoned, thought-provoking metaphor with competent and consistent characters. My favorite part has been the absolute lack of name-drops and cameos. Saw and Mon Mothma are fine, but if Uncle Harlow turns out to be Jabba the Hutt I'll be mad.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
This, on the other hand, has some problems but shows some real potential for what sci-fi could be. Slow, reasoned, thought-provoking metaphor with competent and consistent characters.
That sounds like a chick flick to me.
Each to their own I guess. LOL

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Robbie, best robot ever. :p
You rang sir? LOL

robby64c.jpg

D!sco

Picard reads like lasers and space ships Charlie's Angel's but they're serious

deadwood83

I finished season one. Not bad. I;d say less than 50% of the dialogue was spoken. Some of the actors were not quite on the same level as others. I would really love to see more Andy Serkis in season 2. That really did not feel like a finale though. The latest crop of SW universe shows, excepting Mando and Clone Wars all seem to suffer from a weak season finale.

THe story was definitely at a good stopping point but the closing scene was weak. And it does feel a little insulting that they "had" to show what the prison labor was for. It seemed like a very, very, very, very obvious thing.

mkt

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

How Did Star Wars Get Serious?​

I'd like to ask,
??? How Did Star Wars Get Boring ??? :facepalm:

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

How Did Star Wars Get Serious?​

I'd like to ask,
??? How Did Star Wars Get Boring ??? :facepalm:
The teddy bears were the start of it. We all saw it, and we stood by and did nothing. 'It's just a stutter-step' we said. And now it's too late.

Reactions: MAB

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, see you guys at the Willow topic… I’ll throw the popcorn in the machine for that one :facepalm:

Top Bottom