• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Happy Thanksgiving from Canada.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
With the cost of living going up and some food items up double digits of inflation some will be going without some kinds of foods this Thanksgiving. Some will be totally going without but this thread is about Thanksgiving and what is available for plating. I like turkey, ham and cranberry sauce with any kind of pie but pumpkin is seasonal right now so it fits and I don't usually make dressing because I was given some for my lunch at work one day, I ate it and ended up in the lunch room sick as a dawg for hours from food poisoning. If my schedule is cramped I will roast a chicken or buy a smoked ham but turkey is traditional and turkey cuts are going to be in short supply this year as compared to whole turkeys. The price of turkey is up because of a avian flue that killed ~49 million turkeys. So bake a turkey if you can and enjoy your Thanksgiving. :D

AudiOhm

I will do my best to host the Turkey dinner with all the trimmings, Christmas is also on its way when Turkey is the main staple...

Ohms

BlackTalon

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
We're thinking about cooking a rib roast for T-giving next week. There's nothing special about turkey, as I eat turkey sandwiches almost every day for lunch plus we make braised turkey legs about once a month. Rib roasts are much more special; we only have one once or twice a year. We would do leg of lamb, except both of my folks will be here and neither will eat lamb. Will make some mashed potatoes with roasted garlic and a salad. The wife is making a batch of 'real' cranberries (I have a soft spot for the cranberry jello that flops out of the can :cool:). Dessert will be an orange-pumpkin pie.

sam_adams

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I like turkey, ham and cranberry sauce with any kind of pie but pumpkin is seasonal right now so it fits and I don't usually make dressing because I was given some for my lunch at work one day, I ate it and ended up in the lunch room sick as a dawg for hours from food poisoning.

It's good to see that meat is on the menu still. Anytime somebody brings in something from home and gives it away, I thank them then toss it when I get home. I always tell them that it was delicious. Is that wrong?

We would do leg of lamb, except both of my folks will be here and neither will eat lamb.

Savages.

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It's good to see that meat is on the menu still. Anytime somebody brings in something from home and gives it away, I thank them then toss it when I get home. I always tell them that it was delicious. Is that wrong?
Not wrong at all. Food security is important. I trusted some food that time but I am very cautious about it now. That food poisoning trip was like a Jim Carry acid trip in his mind. I was seeing colors and distorted vision and all sorts of interesting stuff.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I've quite often taken food home and said it was delicious without consuming it depending upon the source of it. Getting sick off bad food is not fun.

OTOH, my turkey for Thanksgiving this year might be this:
1668746451474.png

Top Bottom