• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TOPPING DX3 PRO or DX7s ?

MenDo

I wantd to upgrade my pc audio gear from creative sound blaster z, to good external dac, i have audio technica ath-m50 headphone.

which one is better DX3 PRO, DX7s or any other dac (not more than 200$)

thanks

Roen

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Do you just want a DAC by itself? A DAC and A separate Amp? or a DAC / Amp combo unit?

Roen

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I would point you to threads covering both products on this forum first, before giving any advice.

Dana reed

If your only headphones don't have a balanced connector, then the DX7s isn't going to get you anything that the DX3 pro doesn't do. (and it has ~10 Ohm output impedance and your headphones are only 40 Ohm) Also, the DX7s is more expensive and both are > than the $200 you specify.

OP
M

MenDo

If your only headphones don't have a balanced connector, then the DX7s isn't going to get you anything that the DX3 pro doesn't do. (and it has ~10 Ohm output impedance and your headphones are only 40 Ohm) Also, the DX7s is more expensive and both are > than the $200 you specify.
I know about the output impedance in DX7s + I know the price of DX7s, is there any thing else justify pay +400$ for it ... if I get it will I notice any difference from DX3 PRO?

Top Bottom