• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Panasonic/Technics CES 2019 Press Conference video announcing two new Turntables from Technics

Robert Zohn

Dealer
Today, January 7, 2019 at the CES Press day Panasonic announces two new Turntables to the line up that already includes the very popular, SL-1200G, SL-1200GR and SL-1210GR.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
What's this one?

1546911391046.png

At the very end of this video, just for a second. An audiophile version??

bigx5murf

Addicted to Fun and Learning
That SL-1500C looks really interesting, I wonder what the msrp will be. I had a SL-1500 mk1 that survived a flood, and needed barely any work to get working solid again.

OP
Robert Zohn

Robert Zohn

Dealer
@restorer-john, the top deck in your post is the new SL-1500C. The target retail is $1,399 and it will come with an Ortofon 2M Red cartridge mounted on a Technics head shell.

I signed up to be included in the 1st allocation that is due early summer 2019.

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@restorer-john, the top deck in your post is the new SL-1500C. The target retail is $1,399 and it will come with an Ortofon 2M Red cartridge mounted on a Technics head shell.

I signed up to be included in the 1st allocation that is due early summer 2019.
I see it also contains the phono stage, so it produces a line output. Handy for many now phono inputs on amps are rare.

Andysu

Major Contributor
I not sure why today I had urge to buy a Technics turntable and the hi-fi Richer Sounds, store was nice to help out with a demo one, few scruffs but hey, I have more scratch marks on my hands arms when playing with my cats mostly Bear. Think I am worried of a scruff mark?

I not played a LP movie soundtrack in 30 so years. I like the hearing the crackle and pops doesn't bother me.
Not sure what the specs are not looked at the pdf manual file yet, I been listening to the LSO Star Wars the true Star Wars music sound, not that disney rubbish (oh I like being bias).

It Took just under hour set up due to my cat Bear running around and sniffing the box and Magic was relaxed behind the cinema seat.
I like the crackle pops and dynamic range of the LP, and the S/N not sure about that not looked at the pdf manual yet. But for 15kg seems heavy weighted and shock resistance due to a concrete floor and placed on top of the Denon AVC-X8500H which sounds okay with Phone mode and passing though the Sony SDDS DFP-D3000, on non-sync mode in pro-logic on the JBL 4673A.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Morla

Forum Donor
I bought a GR in 2018. "Fun" fact - trying to speed up manually behaves differently than in the old technics 1210s. Firmware seems to try to catch up as soon as you stop trying to interfere. From what I hear they put the old behaviour back in with their newer "DJ" model MK7

16210036033170.jpg

Top Bottom