• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Andrew Jones MoFi Speakers

rwortman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I think many people do not realize how much serious engineering goes into the speaker design.
It’s my experience that most people don’t understand how much serious engineering goes into anything. Audio, automotive, motorcycle, photography, you name it, clueless self appointed experts aren’t hard to find.

goat76

Major Contributor
I don't get the negativity in this thread. At least wait until you see measurements and read listening reports, and maybe even after you have heard them yourself before you say anything negative about the speakers. :)

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
I appreciate the design for being fairly unique.
It is a nice looking speaker and fairly priced given the efforts of design and apparent build quality.
I'd love to hear them.
Like others here I suspect they will sound nice yet have objective/ measured short comings and that may be okay for many.
I think there is a pretty big group of potential buyers out there. Curious what else is planned.

Great episode of Guttenberg, that guy - maybe I will run into him as I am headed to NYC this weekend - what happened to the Harman flagship store, COVID?

Hiten

I don't get the negativity in this thread. At least wait until you see measurements and read listening reports, and maybe even after you have heard them yourself before you say anything negative about the speakers. :)
May be expectations are high after Mr. Andrew leaving Elac and joining Mofi. He is definitely popular. It is good thing if one sees from that perspective.
Best regards.

fredoamigo

Forum Donor
These do not look like 4000$ speakers, the mark up seems to be close to 2500%
.yes, but I don't think it's the kind of design where a do-it-yourselfer can say "I do the same thing for 10 times less".

fordiebianco

Forum Donor
For those who like coaxials, obligatory shout out for the SoundArtist SC8B. Only $649 for the pair. I wouldn't part with mine.

SoundArtist-SC8B-HiFi-Coaxial-speaker-Bookshelf-speakers-Home-audio-10.49(in)-1.JPG

sq225917

Major Contributor
I love the look of them, the narrative lines up with the design elements and basic numbers. The price isn't anywhere out of the ordinary for a bespoke Loudspeaker of quality made in small numbers.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Zvu

In even more fairness, notice the smiley face and wink emotigrins.
It's okay if you take yourself too seriously, but leave me out of that shortcoming. Eh?
:)

So you claim that you've put all the right smileys at the right, strategic places that only a person with obvious shortcoming would misinterpret you :) ? Now that's a way to look at world ;) Good for you... maybe.

Ya see what i did there ? :)

Reality is that you've wrote something and there will always be someone that may misinterpret that. The way you're handling it is rather rude though. Polite answer would be much more effective and convincing.

Last edited:

oversky

In the white paper, it describe "Minimizing Movement, Not Bass"
However, 42 Hz from a 10 inch woofer,
I am not sure the design goal is fulfilled.

Jim Shaw

Forum Donor
So you claim that you've put all the right smileys at the right, strategic places that only a person with obvious shortcoming would misinterpret you :) ? Now that's a way to look at world ;) Good for you... maybe.

Ya see what i did there ? :)

Reality is that you've wrote something and there will always be someone that may misinterpret that. The way you're handling it is rather rude though. Polite answer would be much more effective and convincing.
Polite mode engaged...
Well, I just counted the replies and you are standing all by yourself. It happens to trolls around here.
Polite mode continued, and humor methodology re-engaged.

fordiebianco

Forum Donor
Looks interesting. Mostly within a 5dB band

View attachment 242598
I saw that review. Their flaws don't seem to be significant enough to give Danny an addition to his retirement fund. I enjoy them, they are just vey tricky to place correctly.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yawn.

Tannoy anyone?? They've been doing 10" and bigger dual concentrics like, forever.
Tannoy has a horn tweeter, this one has a dome tweeter. Big difference.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
These do not look like 4000$ speakers, the mark up seems to be close to 2500%
Something has to pay the cost of the research & design though...

Zvu

Polite mode engaged...
Well, I just counted the replies and you are standing all by yourself. It happens to trolls around here.
Polite mode continued, and humor methodology re-engaged.

What replies did you count ? I am the only one replying to your posts (mistake i won't repeat).

Your polite mode is quite similar to a-hole mode of few people i know. Strange. Luckily, your humor mode is re-engaged now so you're all fine :)

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
- what happened to the Harman flagship store, COVID?
Probably. In all its years, I've visited 8-10 times and there has never been more than one other visitor/customer in the store at the same time. I think COVID just sealed the deal.

Top Bottom