• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hypex Announces New and Improved NCOREx Class-D Amplifier Technology

Hypexsales

Audio Company
Am not sure who Amplifierking is but yesterday we contacted all our OEM customers who have shown interest in our NCx500 OEM and would like to order samples when ready. We currently have a pre-production batch in for final evaluation before mass production and from this batch we can send out samples for those OEM customers.
I can only assume amplifierking is one of those customers just like BoXem is.
Anyway. Also Amir will get his units soon, just so you all know.

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Just to be clear since I realize that I may have been a bit harsh with these new modules: like everything in the world, things are grey, and these modules have strong selling points, especially the current delivery which is much higher than the 1ET400A. So @Matias is quite spot on to compare them with the 1ET7040SA.
Then in this case we have:
Power in low loads: roughly equal
Power in high loads: Nx500 (if mated with a power supply with rails above 70V)
Noise: Nx500
THD below 10 W: roughly equal
THD above 10 W: 1ET7040SA
IMD 19+20: Nx500 by a small margin
Efficiency: 1ET7040SA

goryu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Am not sure who Amplifierking is but yesterday we contacted all our OEM customers who have shown interest in our NCx500 OEM and would like to order samples when ready. We currently have a pre-production batch in for final evaluation before mass production and from this batch we can send out samples for those OEM customers.
I can only assume amplifierking is one of those customers just like BoXem is.
Anyway. Also Amir will get his units soon, just so you all know.

Any updates on when the nilai500 will be available? Thanks...

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
General thread FYI. Amplifyerking was a bad actor, previously banned member who manages to sneak back in from time to time to start a poo throwing contest. We thought at one time that he was an adult and a professional. We now realize he is an infant with a keyboard and Mommy won’t let him play outside with the other kids. So he comes here for his kicks. Please Disregard anything and everything he says. His new shadow account has been closed by Amir.

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Something arrived earlier this week
IMG_20221108_151726[1].jpg

IMG_20221108_151831[1].jpg

IMG_20221108_151938[1].jpg

Comparison with another well known module:
IMG_20221108_152337[1].jpg

IMG_20221108_152356[1].jpg

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Is it glue or thermal paste between the components on the NCx500?

What is the purpose?

Is this a possible diy upgrade that could be applied to older modules?
It is glue. Hypex applies it on all their modules. Purpose is to strengthen heavy components during transportation.
For the rest, better ask @Hypexsales

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Is this a possible diy upgrade that could be applied to older modules?
Hypex said it is pin compatible with the former NC500 OEM, but since they don't sell these modules directly, I suppose users have to buy them through the manufacturer of their amplifiers, right @Hypexsales ?

Sokel

Master Contributor
Is it glue or thermal paste between the components on the NCx500?

What is the purpose?
Seems to be a trend lately,big Icepower modules are like that too although the cause for the later seemed to be protecting heavy capacitors and coils from vibrations caused by the PS sometimes that produced some audible hum.
Since appliance they're dead silent.

Lomako

Hello!
First post here, here it goes;
BoXem Audio, Audiophonics, Apollon Audio, or Nord don't have any 4 ohm minimum impedance limits in their recent/upcoming Hypex-, or Purifi-based products? Their upcoming amplifiers based on the Hypex release that this thread is about would be free of such a limitation?
Asking this, as I have Apogee Diva speakers being restored for me. While the Divas are not the worst offenders when it comes to low impedance, the original pair had a nominal impedance of 3 ohm. The restored pair might have a higher figure (?), but as I won't get the speakers until sometime next spring I can't test anything yet, just sorting out different options where to go with the amplification.
My current amp is NAD C399, but NAD told me that
Apogee Diva has a nominal impedance of 3 Ohms, which is not going to operate properly with any NAD amplifier as their impedance is well below our 4 Ohm minimum impedance limit...we recommend using a 4-ohm impedance as this is the intended specs of all NAD amplifiers.
Is NAD being careful here, or do their amps have a minimum impedance limit at 4 ohm, or am I missing something here?
Thanks!

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
@Lomako The current Hypex amps (so not the ones this thread is about) will have no trouble at all with low ohm loads.

Lomako

@Lomako The current Hypex amps (so not the ones this thread is about) will have no trouble at all with low ohm loads.
Thanks for the info. What NAD told me prompted me to register here and ask what's the situtation with the other manufacturers, as I have not seen it mentioned on NAD products specs that they would have such a limitation. Maybe I've missed it.

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Thanks for the info. What NAD told me prompted me to register here and ask what's the situtation with the other manufacturers, as I have not seen it mentioned on NAD products specs that they would have such a limitation. Maybe I've missed it.

They all use modules from Hypex, so as far as I can understand this should be universal across manufacturers. Hypex modules are typically stable to 2ohm and even less.

Top Bottom