• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Full range floorstanders ~$4000 budget

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Based on @MKR post for "Full range floorstanders ~1500 budget" with 9 pages of suggestions for that category; I thought to start another similar thread but with a bump in price to $4000/pair
Currently, I have no need for replacement speakers but I am hoping that we can all chip in and provide suggestions for those that may be in the hunt:).

I am on my 3rd set of Vandersteen's 2Cs and they have become like the proverbial family pet.
When an improved Vandy 2C model comes out, I sell my older pair on craigslist and buy a replacement pair.

I hope this thread becomes useful for others.
Cheers!

behappybevegan

Wharfedale Elysian 4 5000 euro a pair (I know over budget)

hege

Forum Donor
Same problem as in the other thread. No definition of "full range". 20hz? 30hz? Now it's just spamming of all products on the market, without any proof of being even near full range.

delta76

Major Contributor

MKR

Major Contributor
Same problem as in the other thread. No definition of "full range". 20hz? 30hz? Now it's just spamming of all products on the market, without any proof of being even near full range.
@hege Not correct, I specified this in the $1500 thread. And I quote (myself), “and would love to hit 20Hz, but at this budget that is impossible stand-alone (with no sub). Maybe even 30Hz is difficult.”

But you are correct I didn’t specify this in my original post, should have done so to make it more clear to folks.

behappybevegan

Elipson Heritage XLS 15 2400 euro a pair
2.jpg

hege

Forum Donor
Elipson Heritage XLS 15 2400 euro a pair
And why not their other model which promises 25hz vs 40hz? Not that you can trust any of the specs..

OP
pseudoid

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
pseudoid

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
May I recommend that we keep the definition ("FloorStanding") within a sliding scale -w/o getting into the nitty-gritty.
I think the difference is pretty much a volumetric difference (re: "bookshelves") w/o even specifying any exact volume restrictions.
We are all adults here; and putting a cheezy soundbar in a vertical position AND on the floor ("stands"?) does not make them 'FloorStanding'.:)

GDK

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I like those.
It got much WAF to it! I may have to put them in my wishlist, just in case...
Anyone ever tested them (obj/subj)?
I used to own them and quite liked them, but I always felt that they struggled in my small, oddly-shaped listening room. They were absolutely gorgeous, and that goes a long way for me. Here were my in-room measurements (L, R, Ave.); however with Audiolense I was able to get a very smooth FR.

I kind of miss them, although it may be like an ex, where you conveniently forget all of their faults.

1668105832306.png

Top Bottom