• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What new Vinyl did you get? please post a picture

My adventures in stereo

Picked up this eva cassidy acoustic recording, beautiful pressing, no audible pops or clicks
By "new", I meant to your collection

Acoustic.jpg

OP
My adventures in stereo

My adventures in stereo

JC.jpg

Johnny Cash - American Recordings
Beautiful pressing
no pops or hisses, good dynamic range
Very simple and elegant, dark album, just a acoustic guitar & Johnny Cash vocals

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thank you for this interesting thread.

BTW, as I wrote here, I have almost no further intention of washing/cleaning any other my old LPs bringing them to my on-the-fly LP listening by the revived DP-57L + DL-301II in the DSP multichannel multi-amplifier setup since I have almost all the CD re-releases.

I would like to purchase, on the other hand, just a few of recently released HiFi 45 rpm 30 cm LPs in jazz and classical genre, if available. I would highly appreciate your possible recommendation and/or suggestion on such HiFi excellent recording quality 45 rpm 30 cm LPs which would well fit as my standard real-time-listening reference LPs in my DSP multichannel active audio setup.

Even though not 45 rpm, I believe the "Bach Organ Trio sonatas" by Ton Koopman, LP 52MA 0091-0092 ARCHIV (digital recording but originally released in LP) is one of such reference LPs, as I shared here and here.
WS00005122.JPG

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Bought this box set for about 100 euros, mint and probably never played:

I don’t play most of my records these days but I like this collection even though most of it is on streaming.

NakEnthusiast51

Grabbed this nice used vinyl album package, the 'Thorens 125th Anniversary', at the local thrift shop in MadCity .....

Thorens vinyl view.jpg

Appears to come from the Acoustic Sounds folks, pressed on 180 gram vinyl.

Eclectic assortment of tunes, sounds great .....

Cheers & Peace !!!

JeremyFife

Addicted to Fun and Learning
My0xODgwLmpwZWc-2.jpeg

Couldn't find this on a streaming service - 140g I think; £10 GBP, near mint, plays perfectly - Captain Beefheart's Hard Working Man - absolutely awesome:)

OP
My adventures in stereo

My adventures in stereo

Love the bass on this album, Vinyl seemed the way to go in terms of dynamic range
" If you wait " by London Grammar
london grammar.jpg

mike70

Picked up this eva cassidy acoustic recording, beautiful pressing, no audible pops or clicks
By "new", I meant to your collection

View attachment 241662

You don't need to hear pops & clicks.
What you need to do on every record? (Yes, brand new ones included)

Do the following only once:
- clean the record with a RCM (aspiration or cavitation)
- use a new inner sleeve (mofi style, the prices now are very low, Hudson HiFi are the cheaper ones)

Do the following before every play:
- carbon fiber brush

And ... from time to time, clean the stylus.

That recipe worked for me decades, and I cleaned the records only the first time.
Forget about clicks & pops.

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
... and use a pickup with a line contact stylus.

mike70

... and use a pickup with a line contact stylus.

To have the best sound experience ... yes, totally. Many people only used cheap bounded conical / elliptical styluses and they think that audible distortion, sibilances or IGD are normal.

With a properly configured line contact stylus, clean records and a decent turntable (not talking about expensive ones) ... I normally forget that I'm listening to vinyl... and I don't hear any embarrassing difference with digital. At all.

Paul Ebert

Forum Donor
Ran across these recently. All near mint original early pressings except for the Living Stereo which is a Classic reissue.

motherlode.jpeg

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
WS00005314.JPG

WS00005315.JPG

For the details of my comparative listening to the LP vs. the CD release, please visit my specific post on my project thread;
- Another comparative listening; on-the-fly remastered vinyl LP vs. remastered CD: Bill Evans jazz piano trio, analog recorded in 1977; remastered (2021) vinyl LP (45-RPM 188-gram) vs. its CD release: post #740

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Vinyl bowl.jpg

edison_cyl.jpg

LouB

Since you asked, my latest find it's old origanal & used but in new condition & sounds great. Not sure what a digital version would sound like but IMO it couldn't be any better !
FTB.jpg

Top Bottom