• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

K20voigt

hello guys I have a couple of questions , I don't have a lot of experience in audiophile world so pardon my ignorance , recently bought a pair of kef r2 and a arcam sa10 integrated amp , my question is; what is the best way to stream music ? currently
I have the arcam connected to my desktop computer via toslink , amazon music supposedly have 24-bit/192Hz audio but how I know I'm getting the higher quality ? on the face of arcam says is playing on 48kHz :rolleyes:

BelgianJoey

Probably, in your computer audio settings the toslink output is configured to 48 kHz. You can change that to 192 kHz so that your amazon hi-res stream is not converted. I would be very surprised, though, if you hear any difference but it could be a comforting idea that nothing got lost underway.

OP
K

K20voigt

Probably, in your computer audio settings the toslink output is configured to 48 kHz. You can change that to 192 kHz so that your amazon hi-res stream is not converted. I would be very surprised, though, if you hear any difference but it could be a comforting idea that nothing got lost underway.
just checked the computer settings and enable all sample rates for audio out , mmm im wondering if maybe the arcam only receive 192 kHz on coax optical ? in that case what i can do >?

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
AFAIK, Amazon Music doesn't really do WASAPI Exclusive Mode so cannot switch sample rate on the fly. This has to be done manually in audio output device settings.

While you are playing a track, clicking the track quality indicator icon (it usually says "HD", "Ultra HD" or just "Standard") will bring up a dialog indicating (1) available song quality, (2) device capability / settings and (3) playback format currently used.

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
hello guys I have a couple of questions , I don't have a lot of experience in audiophile world so pardon my ignorance , recently bought a pair of kef r2 and a arcam sa10 integrated amp , my question is; what is the best way to stream music ? currently
I have the arcam connected to my desktop computer via toslink , amazon music supposedly have 24-bit/192Hz audio but how I know I'm getting the higher quality ? on the face of arcam says is playing on 48kHz :rolleyes:
It really doesn’t matter. You can’t hear a difference between any of the streaming systems or bitrate. Just get a streaming system you like the interface and be happy.

Top Bottom