• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

CHORD Mojo 2 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

Rate this product:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 34 9.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther

Votes: 145 41.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 156 45.1%

• Total voters

Music1969

Major Contributor
Are they really bundling a Mojo2 free with the DCA Stealth, can you provide a link of proof? I personally think it's a bit poor that DCA are aligning themselves with Chord, if what you say is true.
Dan Clarke himself loves Mojo2 and Hugo2.

Both measured well by Amir. Only criticism was industrial design and price.

Some people think it looks nice and can afford it, in which case, they are good buys.

Googaliser

Hmm, what's the difference between the MoJo2 and your AVID MTRX DAC? You were using the AVID MTRX DAC without the HPA4? It's good that you can afford all this expensive stuff, but cursory inspection seems to indicate you can hear a difference between the AVID MTRX DAC and the Mojo2, which is why I'm quizzing you. Are they really bundling a Mojo2 free with the DCA Stealth, can you provide a link of proof? I personally think it's a bit poor that DCA are aligning themselves with Chord, if what you say is true.

EDIT: personally I have a high degree of suspicion re validity of what you say considering you apparently own the HE1 which is unlikely in itself because of it's stupid cost, and secondly for the reason that if you indeed have decided to spend that amount of money on audio headphones then it's unlikely you're objectively minded, hence also why I question your ability to hear the difference between DACS, but I did ask you some more specifics of your setup because I don't know if both went through your HPA4, and I also don't know whether the AVID MTRX DAC measures like a piece of **** or not. If I had to wager, I would generally think your post is either a complete fabrication not relating to reality at all, or you are heavily indoctrinated by the price of goods.....but that's me being mean, but I'm probably right.
Wow - a lot to unpack here. Probably the most vitriolic forum response I have ever received. Try searching "Googaliser HE1" and you will be able to read about my history with the unit. As for the MTRX - we have a studio here and it manages some of the DAC duties. I have no idea how the DACs measure (we have more important things to occupy us during the day), although it was billed as a decent upgrade over its predecessor in that department. Yes - the MTRX was feeding the HPA4 also - otherwise it would not be a valid comparison. As for the free Mojo 2 - invoice attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-05 at 9.48.21 pm.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-05 at 9.48.21 pm.png
    76.2 KB · Views: 125

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Wow - a lot to unpack here. Probably the most vitriolic forum response I have ever received. Try searching "Googaliser HE1" and you will be able to read about my history with the unit. As for the MTRX - we have a studio here and it manages some of the DAC duties. I have no idea how the DACs measure (we have more important things to occupy us during the day), although it was billed as a decent upgrade over its predecessor in that department. Yes - the MTRX was feeding the HPA4 also - otherwise it would not be a valid comparison. As for the free Mojo 2 - invoice attached.
*Puts knuckle dusters on*

Welcome to ASR! (You're a better person to me if you made much sense of that invective)

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I wouldn't jump to conclusions.

I'm a happy Sundara man (I'm cheap!) but there are exist wealthy people on this forum that enjoy good objective measuring gear.

Very jealous of your HE1 there @Googaliser !

Hope I can save up for a DCA Expanse one day
Why would that be poor. This Mojo get's the highest recommendation there is on this site and nothing else portable have that kind of power to feed the Stealth.
Dan Clarke himself loves Mojo2 and Hugo2.

Both measured well by Amir. Only criticism was industrial design and price.

Some people think it looks nice and can afford it, in which case, they are good buys.
Hmm, interesting, believe a newbie that says he can hear the differences between DACS while spending stupid money & I mean stupid money on headphone amps & headphones which actually goes contrary to the notion that you know what you're doing. I think that's actually quite transparent. Did I really receive those responses.
@Music1969 , I'm actually pretty suspicious of Dan Clarke's endorsement of Chord DACS in at least one vid I've seen of him, it wasn't his own vid, he was being interviewed by a third party. If you think Chord products have a legitimate grounding in the claims they make then you have another thing coming! I'm not saying they measure bad, far from it, but the claims they make are pretty much snake oil, and for Dan Clark to align himself to that casually in third party video is one thing but to provide a free promotion offering a Chord2 along with the Stealth is completely different - did he actually do that? Evidence?

Yeah, it's hostile, because you were insinuating you can hear the difference between DACS, which is silly and proves that you're gullible and open to suggestion & personal bias rather than facts which marries with your love of buying ridiculously expensive gear that a person of more objective nature would not do. So that throws your whole post into question & validity in itself.........forget the fact that it's unlikely someone would own all that gear in the first place (which is almost a secondary almost superfluous point). Lol, you don't know how your DAC measures because you "have more important things to occupy us during the day" yet you supposedly work in the industry as a professional whilst saying that you can hear the difference between a Mojo2 DAC and your other one. Seriously, that's beyond ridiculous.

Last edited:

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
*Puts knuckle dusters on*

Welcome to ASR! (You're a better person to me if you made much sense of that invective)
Absolute nonsense, and you know you've just got a problem with me, I know you and a few others have the same issues - I'm not sure where it stems from, but I know it when I see it. You're also far from the brightest spark, so you miss the nuances of the science & arguments as they unfold. But yes, I'm being mean. EDIT: which I only partially apologise for.

Googaliser

Hmm, interesting, believe a newbie that says he can hear the differences between DACS while spending stupid money & I mean stupid money on headphone amps & headphones which actually goes contrary to the notion that you know what you're doing. I think that's actually quite transparent. Did I really receive those responses.
@Music1969 , I'm actually pretty suspicious of Dan Clarke's endorsement of Chord DACS in at least one vid I've seen of him, it wasn't his own vid, he was being interviewed by a third party. If you think Chord products have a legitimate grounding in the claims they make then you have another thing coming! I'm not saying they measure bad, far from it, but the claims they make are pretty much snake oil, and for Dan Clark to align himself to that in a video is one thing but to provide a free promotion offering a Chord2 along with the Stealth is completely different - did he actually do that? Evidence?

Yeah, it's hostile, because you were insinuating you can hear the difference between DACS, which is silly and proves that you're gullible and open to suggestion & personal bias rather than facts which marries with your love of buying ridiculously expensive gear that a person of more objective nature would not do. So that throws your whole post into question & validity in itself.........forget the fact that it's unlikely someone would own all that gear in the first place (which is almost a secondary almost superfluous point). Lol, you don't know how your DAC measures because you "have more important things to occupy us during the day" yet you supposedly work in the industry as a professional whilst saying that you can hear the difference between a Mojo2 DAC and your other one. Seriously, that's beyond ridiculous.
"Yeah, it's hostile, because you were insinuating you can hear the difference between DACS"

That is not a valid reason to be hostile in a civilised society / forum. Plus your vitriol goes way beyond that. I'm not even going to warrant your questions / statements with answers. I'm out.

Music1969

Major Contributor
If you think Chord products have a legitimate grounding in the claims they make then you have another thing coming! I'm not saying they measure bad, far from it, but the claims they make are pretty much snake oil
I agree Rob's claims are wild.

Even if he claimed Mojo2 pooped out solid gold - it doesn't change the fact it measures well.

I treat these things separately.

If I were travelling, a little Mojo2 + DCA Expanse would be a nice hotel room portable system, regardless of Rob's claims about audible distortion at -300dB

Music1969

Major Contributor
I personally think you're being manipulative in your postings. We get a lot of trolls here talking absolute rubbish, and one of your first posts was that you own nearly £100,000 of headphone gear spread amongst around 3 items, all whilst insinuating that you can hear the difference between DACS......and then going on to say that supposedly as a professional in the industry you don't care how your DAC measures because you "have more important things to occupy [you] during the day". Frankly, that completely smacks of nonsense, and if I didn't think you were a troll then it would be astounding! [and if no one else can see that then I'm amazed!]

Like he said, do a Google search for him.

In fact it looks like he may have sold a HE1, then regretted it and bought another lol.

We don't need to be jealous. Surely we are better than that.

Bob from Florida

Major Contributor
Absolute nonsense, and you know you've just got a problem with me, I know you and a few others have the same issues - I'm not sure where it stems from, but I know it when I see it. You're also far from the brightest spark, so you miss the nuances of the science & arguments as they unfold. But yes, I'm being mean. EDIT: which I only partially apologise for.
Not "sure" where it stems from..... Play the below link for the answer.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I have a problem with your overbearing and often condescending tone and your abrasive attitude. Lighten up and try and be a little more open in your demeanour and approach to people. Case in point being this very post of yours and your "welcome" to Googaliser.

EDIT And the reason I am pulling you up is that is twice in about a week you have accused members (one a well established one) of lying about owning expensive equipment. We don't behave like that here surely, absent of very strong evidence.

It speaks volumes about you, your state of mind and your insecurities. So please, stop it.

Last edited:

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hmmm, my spider senses are part of me, maybe they misfire once in a while, lol, but his posts were grossly incongruous in the other elements I pointed out - if you want to be blind, then be so baby! I don't like people talking ******* on here! I mix up the rational language with the colloquial so don't take it glibly! So I don't know what your motivations are, but I know what mine are.
Accusing someone you have never had any prior discourse with of being a liar is not "being colloquial". Nor am I taking anything "glibly". When challenged about your behaviour, saying that person "isnt the sharpest tool" is not a defence, it makes you look petty and far from self aware.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hmm, well I've explained the rational for the incongruities in his post, I'm not that interested in anything else. If you want to believe people posting on the internet that they can hear the difference between DACs because they've spent around £100,000 on an HE1 and associated equipment then I'll just laugh at you in private (along with everyone else).
Keep digging Rob.

Jimster480

Major Contributor
Why would that be poor. This Mojo get's the highest recommendation there is on this site and nothing else portable have that kind of power to feed the Stealth.
It does basically have some of the best if not basically the best mobile performance available especailly in terms of an Amp + Dac.

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It is strange that a madman full of none sense like Rob Watts can manage to design some of the best equipments, objectively measured and subjectively excellent sounding.
Something doesn't add up here!

Garrincha

Addicted to Fun and Learning
It is strange that a madman full of none sense like Rob Watts can manage to design some of the best equipments, objectively measured and subjectively excellent sounding.
Nobody said he can not design well measuring audio gear. It is just that it is 1) ridiculously expensive and 2) good measuring, but beyond that by far not as special as he claims it to be.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor

Where has he been accused of being an incompetent designer? I'm generally surprised when his products don't measure well.

NielsCBG

Sensitive IEMs and not so sensitive whatever.
Simple, yet very clever!
He he I know that - but how does it work in the Mojo 2? You cannot choose between high or low gain so is there an automatic measurement of the resistans or .....

Top Bottom