• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aiyima a07 crosstalk issue

beebleebeebs

Based on the review on this website, i purchased 2 Aiyima a07s. To my surprise, after connecting a pair of speakers (tannoy pbm 8s) i noticed that when i only connected the left input (via rca) that the signal not only came out of the left speaker, but the right one as well. the volume out of the right side is about 15db lower, but definitely there. the same is true if i reverse sides.
This can’t possibly be correct, right? I mean crosstalk should be down in -80 db range, not -15 db. any thoughts on the matter?
Oh…. i also purchased 48v 10 amp power supplies which definitely make the a07 quite a bit louder.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Can you make a video of the issue and link it?

Crosstalk that is that bad suggests some very dodgy design or a construction fault in both units.

I've have some concerns with Amir's crosstalk tests for a while now, but hopefully you have something unusual going on.

OP
B

beebleebeebs

same thing with both inputs connected. I'm feeding 400hz to the left and 1.3khz to the right. The bleed is fairly constant throughout the volume knob position. It does drop about 3db as the volume knob passes through the center of rotation. If I crank the amp full up the bleed is over powered by the proper signal. But as I turn it down the bleed becomes more apparent. At full counter clockwise, the bleed and the proper signal are about equal, which makes me wonder why it's not shutting off completely.

Roland68

Major Contributor
same thing with both inputs connected. I'm feeding 400hz to the left and 1.3khz to the right. The bleed is fairly constant throughout the volume knob position. It does drop about 3db as the volume knob passes through the center of rotation. If I crank the amp full up the bleed is over powered by the proper signal. But as I turn it down the bleed becomes more apparent. At full counter clockwise, the bleed and the proper signal are about equal, which makes me wonder why it's not shutting off completely.
I just tested two Aiyima a07 (1 x from Amazon.de about 9 months old and 1 x Aliexpress about 5 months old).
Chinch cable on the right / speaker cable on the left and vice versa. At about 11 o'clock (much more than room volume) absolute silence. Even at full deflection, guessing more than hearing the crosstalk.
I'm really amazed at how little crosstalk the Aiyima a07 has.

Unfortunately, that probably means your unit is defective, or, much less likely, your RCA cable is defective.
Does both have the problem?
Are you sure they are units from Aiyima?
Maybe you could post a picture of the board.

Last edited:
OP
B

beebleebeebs

I will make a vid tomorrow... must get some sleep... 2 a.m. in Los Angeles

And thank you for the replies!!

OP
B

beebleebeebs

Uhhh…..I think I found the problem

Attachments

• 1C0AADFD-A2C9-4FA3-8DC1-772D6EBE9CD4.jpeg