• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Limited Participation For The Next Few Weeks...

DavidMcRoy

Addicted to Fun and Learning
We just "did that," finally selling our Florida house and relocating permanently to Washington (metro Portland, Oregon.) We got lucky: sold the (historical) Florida place to a restorer/developer when the market was high and bought low here (well, "reasonable") from a motivated seller...who was in a hurry move to Florida.

Last edited:

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Goood luck .

Suggestion . All of us can restrain ourselves from creating to much spam treads in the meantime :)

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks for the heads up! Glad it’s nothing nefarious.

Best of luck with the sale!

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Take care of yourself and your family and things get done when they are done. Just let us know how.many posts each of us needs to make each day to make up for your volume and we'll all divide up the work. The actual content may not be accurate but it will be there.

respice finem

Major Contributor
Take care of yourself and your family and things get done when they are done. Just let us know how.many posts each of us needs to make each day to make up for your volume and we'll all divide up the work. The actual content may not be accurate but it will be there.
Good...

Last edited:

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Hello you all.

Some of you may have noticed that I have slowed way down in reviews and posts. The major reason for this is that we are getting our older home ready for sale and it is in another city. So I have to keep going there and stay until I get things done. By the time I get back home, a ton of stuff is piled on here as well. The list of things to do seems infinite and so little time to get them done. I will try to squeeze a review here and there but that will be it until we come out of the tunnel on these projects.

Above also means very slow response in messages especially if the answer is not a quick one. As I look now, it says I have 39 unread messages!!!

This is the deepest hole I have found myself in, in a long time. Fortunately good progress is being made to take care of things. So in balance I feel fine but just not able to keep up with the forum.

I expect this to continue for the next 4+ weeks. Appreciate your understanding.
Good decision, I really feel for you and hope you manage to catch up on all the TV box sets you've missed lately and get the weeding done .., oh don't forget that drywall patch, Quite the hole indeed !

All the best mate , don't feel like you have to shoulder it all , if you need any help be sure to ask anyone but me ...

X

stevenswall

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'd chip in to a GoFundMe to pay for Amir's movers and cleaners if they are needed to save him time. Gotta let the golden goose lay eggs instead of worrying about the nest too much.

fordiebianco

Forum Donor
Look after yourself and don’t rush, @amirm . These things are stressful and your physical/psychological reserves are not infinite. I am sure your loved ones prefer you to come out of this unscathed.

CMB

Good to know that your are just busy with other stuff and nothing serious, like another flooding, happened. Greetings

Jimster480

Major Contributor
Glad to finally see a reason for what has been going on. I noticed your slowdown in the past months and you did mention to me that you have been busy. I was worrying it was for other reasons other than just prepping a house for sale. I know how that is and it definitely takes most of your time.
Hope it all goes well in the end.

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
Brad and I will cut inmate rations and continue the beatings until Morale improves, during your absence/limited time period. ;)

i thought that got automated millenia ago?

azqzpjb_460s.jpg

and good luck with selling, Amir
sold some real estate this year, before a possible market crash and got top money for a nice place but in a sh*tty neighbourhood none the less (even renting it wasn't feasible in todays market, tbh)

Ajax

Forum Donor
@amirm ..... not good enough mate

I'm going to join another forum, one that provides regular unbiased reviews supported by accurate measurements, that will introduce me to great gear at reasonable prices, educated me on all things that matter in Audio and is frequented by knowledgeable and largely respectful members.

......... OK I'll stay

Noob

Can you imagine the size of the new place all those Topping cheques have afforded :D
I think there is confusion here. He isn't buying a new house. He is selling a house. He currently owns more than one house, and he is selling one of them.

prerich

Congrats and take care!!! Hope all goes well!!!!

Chester

I think there is confusion here. He isn't buying a new house. He is selling a house. He currently owns more than one house, and he is selling one of them.

That’s the great thing about jokes, they don’t need to be factually accurate :)

Top Bottom