• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Limited Participation For The Next Few Weeks...

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Hello you all.

Some of you may have noticed that I have slowed way down in reviews and posts. The major reason for this is that we are getting our older home ready for sale and it is in another city. So I have to keep going there and stay until I get things done. By the time I get back home, a ton of stuff is piled on here as well. The list of things to do seems infinite and so little time to get them done. I will try to squeeze a review here and there but that will be it until we come out of the tunnel on these projects.

Above also means very slow response in messages especially if the answer is not a quick one. As I look now, it says I have 39 unread messages!!!

This is the deepest hole I have found myself in, in a long time. Fortunately good progress is being made to take care of things. So in balance I feel fine but just not able to keep up with the forum.

I expect this to continue for the next 4+ weeks. Appreciate your understanding.

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
Promote to front page will help get the word out.

Brad and I will cut inmate rations and continue the beatings until Morale improves, during your absence/limited time period. ;)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Not sure what your chores at the old crib entales but I will only offer this one caution. In my haste to get the place in Chicago ready for sale, get everything loaded for the move and get settled in the new place, etc, I put my no longer youthful body thru a ordeal I'm still paying for in back pain and joint damage. Take it easy and don't over-do it, this too shall pass.

Brad and I will cut inmate rations and continue the beatings until Morale improves, during your absence/limited time period.
Thank you sir, may I have another. :p

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello you all.

Some of you may have noticed that I have slowed way down in reviews and posts. The major reason for this is that we are getting our older home ready for sale and it is in another city. So I have to keep going there and stay until I get things done. By the time I get back home, a ton of stuff is piled on here as well. The list of things to do seems infinite and so little time to get them done. I will try to squeeze a review here and there but that will be it until we come out of the tunnel on these projects.

Above also means very slow response in messages especially if the answer is not a quick one. As I look now, it says I have 39 unread messages!!!

This is the deepest hole I have found myself in, in a long time. Fortunately good progress is being made to take care of things. So in balance I feel fine but just not able to keep up with the forum.

Please do not try to do things physically that only one person shouldn't do. We all think at some point in time, "Oh, if I can do it by myself, it will save time & trouble". It might. But it only takes Nano-seconds for things to go horribly wrong. And then the time you were trying to save will be gone + a whole lot more time, pain, expense & aggravation (presuming you survive the incident). If it is something that you do on a normal basis, like your gardening, that is different than something you did successfully once, 10, 20 or 30 years ago. For your sake, just don't succumb to the temptation to take unnecessary risks.
Wishing you GOOD PLANNING & Getting it done as smooth as possible.
E.J. III

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Can you imagine the size of the new place all those Topping cheques have afforded :D
That doesn't sound incriminating but apparently from your perspective funds exchanged hands? Or perhaps you are dreaming of a palatial means and ways funded by Topping cheques... Lol. That would be funny. :D

Last edited:

AudioSceptic

Major Contributor
Hello you all.

Don't worry about ASR. Get the important stuff done. I'm sure we'll survive on a reduced diet.

Shadrach

Addicted to Fun and Learning
You've done nothing short of a service here Amir; far and above what any of the readers and contributors could expect.
I'm certain none will begrudge you what ever time you need. I hope the lip of that hole is within hands reach quickly.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
No worries, boss, we'll run the prison with two wardens you've assigned. We'll make sure not to let the building catch on fire.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Until then there will be probably some 20+ DACs with SINAD above 120 dB released and waiting for reviews lol.

Last edited:

Keith Conroy

Hello you all.

Completely understandable.............This Forum always needs to be a hobby that you enjoy! If you put too much pressure on yourself, all of a sudden it becomes a job!! I think that's not good?? Your post was welcome to let people know the why's and keep them informed!...........So that's a good thing!!

AndreaT

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I will survive…barely as I truly enjoy content and spirit of your reviews! Well…been there done that…it takes time and mental effort to sell and save and move and store…I will keep my fingers crossed that everything goes liscio come l’olio (as smooth as oil). Ad majora!

Top Bottom