• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMSL SU9 Pro

staticV3

Master Contributor
@MarcosCh Meh. The D90SE/LE with the old 9038Pro has 133dB no-wt, 135dB A-wt.
Looks like there's still a couple dB left in the SU9Pro's I/V stage
Dynamic-Range-1-1024x384.jpg

MCH

Major Contributor
@MarcosCh Meh. The D90SE/LE with the old 9038Pro has 133dB no-wt, 135dB A-wt.
Looks like there's still a couple dB left in the SU9Pro's I/V stage
View attachment 237302
Ah, I was thinking on Amir reviews, do wolf and Amir measure differently? I wasn't aware. In any case, wow!
D90se as measured by Amir:

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

cosmom3

they added the screen from the SU-10 from the looks of it.

RandomEar

I don't understand those UI design blunders: They cleaned up the "home screen" by getting rid of those blue bars at the top/bottom. OK. But then they arbitrarily colored the different values like a third grader, made everything super thin and used serif fonts here, sans-serif there. The only thing missing is some Comic Sans. It just looks so amateurish. Why, SMSL? Why???

raif71

Major Contributor
I don't understand those UI design blunders: They cleaned up the "home screen" by getting rid of those blue bars at the top/bottom. OK. But then they arbitrarily colored the different values like a third grader, made everything super thin and used serif fonts here, sans-serif there. The only thing missing is some Comic Sans. It just looks so amateurish. Why, SMSL? Why???
Fonts are subjective

hi30u

Also looks like the same one from the M500 MkIII;

index.php

JSmith
I didn't check carefully but I always had the impression that M500 and SU-9 were the same thing in a different casing / form factor (except for the headphones amp feature).

OP
B

bill poster

Agree. The awful displays are a turn off, hopefully they can be

RandomEar

Fonts are subjective
Individual fonts maybe. But there are design guidelines about using and combining fonts. They are certainly "softer" than the "hard measurements" we usually discuss here, but they exist nonetheless.

Also, these small info displays are mainly about readbility. And in this case, I would criticize the choice of that thin font, wich will make it harder to read especially the sample rate from a distance.

wbenjin

SMSL never release firmware update for their pure DACs. And my SU-9 Pro can't be identified by macOS (both Monterey and Ventura) but works fine with windows 10 and ubuntu 22.04, it's weird. Contacted SMSL customer services for replace or return.

Gradius

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Chifi companies needs to offer better support really, like bug fixes (FW, drivers), and better post-sales.

Jim_VN

i have su9n, is there much difference compared to this product?

Top Bottom