• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

$55000 Nordost cables for $60.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Beware of Counterfeits
Only Buy from Authorized AudioQuest Dealers and Distributors
One of the unfortunate consequences of building a successful premium brand is the appearance of counterfeit products. AudioQuest is not immune to this problem. While we make every effort to combat counterfeiting, we continue to see various products being sold as "AudioQuest" that are NOT genuine.

These counterfeits DO NOT meet AudioQuest quality standards and in fact, often turn out to be nothing more than common hardware store-grade cables hidden beneath an attempt to match our braid patterns and plugs.

The persons most hurt by these phony offerings are our potential customers (they mean Audioquest), who in good faith may make a purchase feeling that they have stumbled upon a "too-good-to-ignore" deal. Also hurt are those who, while realizing the cables aren’t genuine, hold hope that the cables are at least “close” in quality. Sadly, this is very rarely the case.

AudioQuest can neither honour the warranties of products nor provide any level of support for products purchased through unauthorised online Marketplaces.

If you have any concerns please contact your local distributor, or AudioQuest to establish if the seller is authorised.

They have no way of testing for counterfeits because they both sound the same.
Would be hilarious to send Amir both the "genine" Nordost and the AliExpress knock off and see if he could measure any differences. Of course we all know the answer, but have to think it would make certain people in the executive HQ of Nordost go ape you know what.

OP
N

noiseangel

WTF is this? Chinese inventing their own buzzard salve. I think they are going to overtake Ted and Co at this rate.

And this comment is hilarious

• If the ***** is hung, then the Potency Increases! Do not believe-check!
    • No the power does not increase, enhance the quality of the sound

OP
N

noiseangel

Would be hilarious to send Amir both the "genine" Nordost and the AliExpress knock off and see if he could measure any differences. Of course we all know the answer, but have to think it would make certain people in the executive HQ of Nordost go ape you know what.
I have already volunteered to send Amir the Chinese one. We just need a nice ASR reader to send the 55K one.

jkasch

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I have already volunteered to send Amir the Chinese one. We just need a nice ASR reader to send the 55K one.
They should provide the 5-meter $99,995.00 cable.
best-value.png

Robin L

Master Contributor

Tranquility Bass

Audio Company
Forum Donor

JSmith

Master Contributor

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I would be somewhat cautious buying faked main products , maybe “burning down the house” would be a suitable test track :)

But I would not trust audioquest or Nordost mains products either ? Do they really fulfill all legal and safety standards?
Hey i’m no real audiophile anymore , the risk of being consumed in a raging fire is nothing compared to the bliss I will experience with these products :)

dtaylo1066

Addicted to Fun and Learning
At that price, I bought two. Then my Lab pup chewed one of them up. Oh, well.

egellings

Major Contributor
Beware of Counterfeits
Only Buy from Authorized AudioQuest Dealers and Distributors
One of the unfortunate consequences of building a successful premium brand is the appearance of counterfeit products. AudioQuest is not immune to this problem. While we make every effort to combat counterfeiting, we continue to see various products being sold as "AudioQuest" that are NOT genuine.

These counterfeits DO NOT meet AudioQuest quality standards and in fact, often turn out to be nothing more than common hardware store-grade cables hidden beneath an attempt to match our braid patterns and plugs.

The persons most hurt by these phony offerings are our potential customers (they mean Audioquest), who in good faith may make a purchase feeling that they have stumbled upon a "too-good-to-ignore" deal. Also hurt are those who, while realizing the cables aren’t genuine, hold hope that the cables are at least “close” in quality. Sadly, this is very rarely the case.

AudioQuest can neither honour the warranties of products nor provide any level of support for products purchased through unauthorised online Marketplaces.

If you have any concerns please contact your local distributor, or AudioQuest to establish if the seller is authorised.

They have no way of testing for counterfeits because they both sound the same.
Thing is though, both purchasers, one of the AQ and the other of the fake, will think they hear a sound improvement, even though both cables will have no audible effect on SQ. Both got what they wanted, with one not knowing that his is the fake one.

DSJR

Major Contributor
Can we be sure the cheaper one really ISN'T the real one ex-factory, just not distributed by the rip-off company?

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Can we be sure the cheaper one really ISN'T the real one ex-factory, just not distributed by the rip-off company?
Maybe. But science tells us that a boutique brand name and charging more for it makes it sound better.

Snoopy

Major Contributor
But since these are obviously fakes how would we know that the material used is good at all? Wouldn't it be better to buy a cable at this price point by another manufacturer that doesn't have to go for the fancy look ?

peanuts2

from what iv heared nordost cables are "Temp-flex" made by molex. the only thing nordost do is to terminate them. but ofcourse they lie and claim they make it all themselfes.
building dont look big enough to produce all this from scratch in my opinion.

OP
N

noiseangel

But since these are obviously fakes how would we know that the material used is good at all? Wouldn't it be better to buy a cable at this price point by another manufacturer that doesn't have to go for the fancy look ?
You could say the same of the originals. Do they draw their own copper and silver wire? No they don't, it takes factories to draw wire and silver which they do not have nor do they show or brag about.So where does it come from? China? EU? USA? Who knows. It's all BS and I am suprised the employees at these cable makers aren't sick with typhoid and hepatitis from working in this neck deep sh*t all day long.

Soria Moria

Also hurt are those who, while realizing the cables aren’t genuine, hold hope that the cables are at least “close” in quality. Sadly, this is very rarely the case
Very rarely, meaning they sometimes are? Given how much cheaper these are you could buy 50 of them for cheaper than the real deal and you might strike gold on the cable lottery. :D

Top Bottom