• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

$55000 Nordost cables for $60.

noiseangel

I knew they were overcharging. I think the Chinese ones come without the soundstage, depth and colour. Doesn't matter you can buy a 16oz can of it and fill the cables yourself to get as much soundstage as you can imagine.

One American shopper loved them. It may or may not be a Stereophile reviewer. Just saying

AliExpress Shopper
US

Color:
US Plug Length: 1.5m Logistics: AliExpress Standard Shipping
Blown away how good this is. HUGE, massive build quality. Needs to burn in 300+ hours, but so far everything is elevated. I have it on my Jotunheim 2 headphone amp. Bass and treble is more extended, bass has more 'root' and slam. resolution is increased...treble is detailed and revealing but a little hot out of the box. The overall depth and clarity has improved. Very recommended, best $120 you can spend to upgrade your audio system.

Last edited:
OP
N

noiseangel

Got to love the Chinese.

OP
N

noiseangel

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I kind of want to order some of these cables and bring them to an audio show for laughs.
a cruel joke.. Drop it in an expensive system and you'll see , all the audiophiles present will notice how the bass becomes tighter, the trebles more velvety, the soundstage deeper and the sound in general becoming more organic .. Let's not even talk about PRATT... You must not reveal any ASR affiliation or participation ... ;)

I would pay for such. The big caveat is that you will also destroy some friendships in the process... Speaking from experience.

Peace.

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If I were into gold optics and wanted to optically pimp the look of my system for 50bucks. Why not?

Of course it would be priceless if anyone would notice an alleged 50k sound upgrade just to find out their real price. Fortunately I don’t have friends like this ;-)

delta76

Major Contributor
A fake vs the original snake oil
8C4D9AE2-8092-48AB-9051-F6E15DBB35B5.gif

Cbdb2

Major Contributor
Not sure the fake ones are fast enough. The real ones "promotes a faster rise time in the 50/60 Hz cycle,". Because everyone knows 60hz is fast and the load has nothing to do with rise time.
And I need the 5' cord for $100k.

They manufactured too many (more than one) and nobodies buying them so these are the real thing. At $60 there still making money and there still not worth it.

Last edited:
OP
N

noiseangel

Beware of Counterfeits
Only Buy from Authorized AudioQuest Dealers and Distributors
One of the unfortunate consequences of building a successful premium brand is the appearance of counterfeit products. AudioQuest is not immune to this problem. While we make every effort to combat counterfeiting, we continue to see various products being sold as "AudioQuest" that are NOT genuine.

These counterfeits DO NOT meet AudioQuest quality standards and in fact, often turn out to be nothing more than common hardware store-grade cables hidden beneath an attempt to match our braid patterns and plugs.

The persons most hurt by these phony offerings are our potential customers (they mean Audioquest), who in good faith may make a purchase feeling that they have stumbled upon a "too-good-to-ignore" deal. Also hurt are those who, while realizing the cables aren’t genuine, hold hope that the cables are at least “close” in quality. Sadly, this is very rarely the case.

AudioQuest can neither honour the warranties of products nor provide any level of support for products purchased through unauthorised online Marketplaces.

If you have any concerns please contact your local distributor, or AudioQuest to establish if the seller is authorised.

They have no way of testing for counterfeits because they both sound the same.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
There is loads of folk over on the head-fi cable thread losing their shit over these cables and expressing how good they are.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Gimme half a dozen for the hotel room.

OP
N

noiseangel

If only Amir could test both and compare, maybe the result would be...

Beware of Authorized AudioQuest Dealers and Distributors
Only Buy Counterfeits
Thats what I want to see. If he can get hold of an original cable I'll even buy the fake and send it to him. My contribution to the downfall to the Buzzard Salve salesman and companies.

Tranquility Bass

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Beware of Counterfeits
Only Buy from Authorized AudioQuest Dealers and Distributors
One of the unfortunate consequences of building a successful premium brand is the appearance of counterfeit products. AudioQuest is not immune to this problem. While we make every effort to combat counterfeiting, we continue to see various products being sold as "AudioQuest" that are NOT genuine.

These counterfeits DO NOT meet AudioQuest quality standards and in fact, often turn out to be nothing more than common hardware store-grade cables hidden beneath an attempt to match our braid patterns and plugs.

The persons most hurt by these phony offerings are our potential customers (they mean Audioquest), who in good faith may make a purchase feeling that they have stumbled upon a "too-good-to-ignore" deal. Also hurt are those who, while realizing the cables aren’t genuine, hold hope that the cables are at least “close” in quality. Sadly, this is very rarely the case.

AudioQuest can neither honour the warranties of products nor provide any level of support for products purchased through unauthorised online Marketplaces.

If you have any concerns please contact your local distributor, or AudioQuest to establish if the seller is authorised.

They have no way of testing for counterfeits because they both sound the same.

Next they will be making the case that the electrons in the wire are counterfeit too so you should only buy the original :D LOL

It's actually quite bazaar because what actually are they trying to protect ? There is actually no verifiable technology used in their products. Perhaps they don't want anyone else to copy the buzzard salve and snake oil used in their products :D LOL

It would be funny if the purists chose the copy over the original and why shouldn't they ?? At the end of the day it's only a mains cable powering up a peak rectification circuit usually with a distorted flat-topped mains supply along with a highly distorted chopped up mains current associated with such a circuit :D LOL

Funny if they start ripping off Synnergistic Research's box of silly tricks and fuses too. That's when I bring out the pop corn :D LOL

Tranquility Bass

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Mmhhh. Is faking snake oil actually good. Like negating the negative is positive?

;)
The cable will work the same as any other IEC cable it's just that you won't be paying an arm and a leg for the snake oil claims and you can boast to your neighbour or audio club how you didn't get stitched up for tens of thousands like they did which will really pee them off ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom