• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How do I do this please: Tidal on my windows 10 streamer pc to dx3 pro dac/preamp over usb to power amp, I want to integrate Dirac live with no new hw

Rollingsound514

Forum Donor
Is it possible to run dirac live room correction with no new hardware except for a measurement mic? How exactly do I do this? Thanks a lot

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Of course there is. Dirac Live comes with a wizard and you walk through that to create the appropriate filter using the mic. Then in the applet interface for the virtual sound driver, you tell it to use that filter. After that, you tell your audio player to use the Dirac Live sound device as your output and you are golden.

OP
Rollingsound514

Rollingsound514

Forum Donor
Thanks for the reply, I'm looking online as best I can and it seems the license for windows is 450 dollars? That doesn't make sense when you can buy hardware with it built into the price for less. Is it really 450 bucks just for the software?

pierre

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I must be stupid: I don’t find it. Version 1 is not available and version 2 only have hw support, I think they told they will have a vst plugin later.

Because of that, I baught Audiolense and I am super happy with it. I still do not get perfect result like dallasjustice@ but it is much easier to use than Rew+Rephase.

OP
Rollingsound514

Rollingsound514

Forum Donor
That's correct. It is $450 for software alone. Measurement mics are cheap though (around $50). I agree it is quite pricey versus what they charge OEMs.

That`s wild, might as well just buy a miniDSP with Dirac on it already for like $400 USD. So I`d go from TIDAL on Windows10--USB-->DX3 PRO-- variable pre amp out over RCA to MiniDSP to power amp... gotta pay to play as always it looks like lol

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
That`s wild, might as well just buy a miniDSP with Dirac on it already for like $400 USD. So I`d go from TIDAL on Windows10--USB-->DX3 PRO-- variable pre amp out over RCA to MiniDSP to power amp... gotta pay to play as always it looks like lol
The issue with that is that you take a trip to analog and back to digital. The software version stays is digital domain all the time.

OP
Rollingsound514

Rollingsound514

Forum Donor
The issue with that is that you take a trip to analog and back to digital. The software version stays is digital domain all the time.

crap I didn't think of that... you're relying on the minidsp to be a dac... ugh why can't the software just be 150 bucks or something, I can't justify nearly $500 it's nuts :(

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
crap I didn't think of that... you're relying on the minidsp to be a dac... ugh why can't the software just be 150 bucks or something, I can't justify nearly $500 it's nuts :(
You could get this one and not need a DAC: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...nts-of-minidsp-shd-dac-dsp-and-streamer.4286/

But then it is more than $1,100.

Note that Dirac is in the process of re-writing the windows version.

Note also that fixing bass problems in the room makes a large difference in fidelity. So for me the money was worth it.

Lifespeed

Note that Dirac is in the process of re-writing the windows version.

Note also that fixing bass problems in the room makes a large difference in fidelity. So for me the money was worth it.

Interesting, I am within a few weeks of purchasing Dirac Live for my setup with new amp and sound absorber panels on the wall opposite the front speakers. Have you heard anything regarding upgrade paths for new customers? Nothing worse than buying the old version of SW, although to be fair most vendors have liberal policies in this regard.

tiagobdonoso

One question on the subject: what about the MQA last unfolding, let's say, in a Gustard X16 DAC? Does it do it, Asio and all, when you select the Dirac virtual driver?
I've been looking all around for that answer and coulnd't figure it out. It doesn't matter if MQA is or not a valid format, it's just to know how this setup would work. Thanks!

Top Bottom