• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi Audio TB10D Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 18 7.0%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 74 28.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 135 52.5%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 30 11.7%

• Total voters

Fosi Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Other than that, consider reversing the order of the tone controls. Accepted convention is bass knob at the left and the treble knob to the right.
Thank you, the suggestion was accepted, and it will be corrected in the next batch of products.

Jacob8275

Device "reviewed" by Cheapaudioman some months ago and he absolutely trashed it. Complained about noise and unit sounding bad. Different strokes, I guess but I am still curious to hear comments from users that actually listened to it Here is a link FYI:
The review by Cheapaudioman is the old version. Now that the circuit has been updated, the latest version is on sale on Amazon.com

kaopad999

Device "reviewed" by Cheapaudioman some months ago and he absolutely trashed it. Complained about noise and unit sounding bad. Different strokes, I guess but I am still curious to hear comments from users that actually listened to it Here is a link FYI:
Do people actually even still listen to his advice?
i certainly won't be now that he believes HDMI cables from Audioquest sound better :rolleyes: :facepalm:

Reactions: MGP

Jacob8275

Just received the Fosi Audio TB10D(new version) and Aiyima A07 from Amazon.

Apart from the tone controls, both the Fosi Audio TB10D and the Aiyima A07 seem similar.

To be fair, the tone controls circuit should be shorted before reviewing testing as having tone controls will reduce the SINAD, you can see in the testing pictures (A07/84, TB10D (with tone controls)/80, TB10D (shorted tone controls)/85). (The data measured by different instruments will be slightly different)

As shown in the circuit layout, the electronic components of the A07 are arranged on the left, while the right side of the board has a large blank area, and the TPA3255 chip has a relatively small heat sink, so the A07 is quite hot during operation, whereas the TB10D has a more reasonable circuit layout.

There is no great difference in listening between the two, except for the fact that there is a noticeable difference in power and more playability with the tone controls with the TB10D, and the Amazon price is the same ($79.99).

My preference is for the Fosi Audio TB10D (p.s., the new version).

IMG_6387.jpeg

AD25A6DF-730A-4078-A93C-82E16CFE1003.png

9C8074B0-01A9-462d-83A7-82BFA55C2091.png

06629B37-7BA1-425f-B074-6210E4710413.png

escape2

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Would this be suitable for driving Kef Q150 speakers for a desktop setup?
I don't see why not. You're not going to need a ton of power for nearfield applications.

I'm driving mine with a 50 Watt per channel amp and never get anywhere close to maxing it out, although I do have them crossed over at 80 Hz to the sub.

4Real

I still have a pair of these well-reviewed Sony 3-way speakers which I bought on Amazon for little money when they were on special ($73.00). Spent more on shipping costs than on the speakers themselves and they sound utterly atrocious. Worthless. Waste of money.
so you bought the speakers from Amazon which means you can return them, yet you still have them. you paid $73.00. were you expecting the greatest sounding speakers ever made? I've heard those speakers and for $73.00 they are incredible!

Michou

so you bought the speakers from Amazon which means you can return them, yet you still have them. you paid $73.00. were you expecting the greatest sounding speakers ever made? I've heard those speakers and for $73.00 they are incredible!
After all, there is no accounting for taste. In effect, it was closer to $150.00 when shipping and taxes are included. Amazon can allow you to return products past 30 days from receipt of shipment and I am way past the return window. I kept them for use in the guest bedroom where they belong. Still unimpressed.

4Real

After all, there is no accounting for taste. In effect, it was closer to $150.00 when shipping and taxes are included. Amazon can allow you to return products past 30 days from receipt of shipment and I am way past the return window. I kept them for use in the guest bedroom where they belong. Still unimpressed.
well if you paid $77.00 for a $73.00 item, I just don't know what to say. I have never paid 1 cent for shipping from Amazon and if you know of a pair of speakers for $73.00 that sound better than those Sonys, please let me know.

4Real

Like what exactly?
A subjective listening test done by someone with ageing ears that tests amps on horrible cheap Sony speakers?
there is absolutely a difference. everyone's hearing and tastes are different. it is far more important to listen to the equipment with the other components that you will be using and in the room that you will be using it in than any test measurements.

kaopad999

there is absolutely a difference. everyone's hearing and tastes are different. it is far more important to listen to the equipment with the other components that you will be using and in the room that you will be using it in than any test measurements.
Hence why you should not buy a speaker based on someone’s subjective review. best to look at measurements first to make sure the speakers behaves correctly; a bad measuring speaker will have problems in any room. Once you have narrowed down some good measuring speakers, then try each one in your own listening environment & on your own gear to see which one you like the most.

4Real

Hence why you should not buy a speaker based on someone’s subjective review. best to look at measurements first to make sure the speakers behaves correctly; a bad measuring speaker will have problems in any room. Once you have narrowed down some good measuring speakers, then try each one in your own listening environment & on your own gear to see which one you like the most.
never said you should buy a speaker based on someone's review. i said listening to the speaker on YOUR equipment in YOUR room is far more important than "measurements".

kaopad999

never said you should buy a speaker based on someone's review. i said listening to the speaker on YOUR equipment in YOUR room is far more important than "measurements".
Measurements first then your own listeing exp is the best way, as i said, a bad measuring speaker will have problems in any room.

The problems may not be noticeable at first, but after many hours of listening, they will become apparent.

Reactions: MGP

4Real

looks like Fosi Audio listened to him

Fosi Audio said:
Sorry for the confusing, we have upgraded a new version after Cheapaudioman reviewed, and the noise is only 372 uV now.View attachment 233732

Talisman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Measurements first then your own listeing exp is the best way, as i said, a bad measuring speaker will have problems in any room.

The problems may not be noticeable at first, but after many hours of listening, they will become apparent.
This attitude is exactly the kind of "extremism" we are accused of as an objective forum. The fact that you measure better means that it will have a more accurate reproduction (unquestionable) but it does not mean that you will like it more, because tastes are not always related to flawless execution, there is no reason to deny this fact in the same way in which makes no sense to deny the measurements.
I am an objectivist, I love this site, they are the only reviews I give credit to, but in my system I have the Klipsch rp600m, which deserved a beheaded panther and which in my environment sound pleasant to my ears like no other more correct speakers do. (kef Q350, Elac debut 6.2). So measurement is important to establish certain points, but it does not replace listening, because personal tastes are not the same for everyone.

4Real

what is a bad measuring speaker? is there a "perfect" measuring speaker?
it's all subjective.

Fosi Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
looks like Fosi Audio listened to him

Fosi Audio said:
Sorry for the confusing, we have upgraded a new version after Cheapaudioman reviewed, and the noise is only 372 uV now.View attachment 233732

Yes, Fosi Audio is committed to providing the best audio experience to our customers.

As a matter of fact, the video of cheapaudioman is the reason of this new version! We first found it and realised the noises effected audio experience, so we optimizing it and the noise has gone as well as many other improvements.

We listen to all voices so that we can make great products. That's why we send Fosi Audio TB10D to Amirm to test, as we want to find problems through Amirm's professional tests, and know what you guys think through more professional comments and replies, so as to optimize our products.

We believe that a great product will have good sales, and listen to the voices of our customers is an effective way to make a great product! So temporary problems will not stop us. We've always wanted to make a better amplifier.

Welcome to Fosi Audio to let us know if you have any ideas about amplifiers and other HIFI products.

4Real

This attitude is exactly the kind of "extremism" we are accused of as an objective forum. The fact that you measure better means that it will have a more accurate reproduction (unquestionable) but it does not mean that you will like it more, because tastes are not always related to flawless execution, there is no reason to deny this fact in the same way in which makes no sense to deny the measurements.
I am an objectivist, I love this site, they are the only reviews I give credit to, but in my system I have the Klipsch rp600m, which deserved a beheaded panther and which in my environment sound pleasant to my ears like no other more correct speakers do. (kef Q350, Elac debut 6.2). So measurement is important to establish certain points, but it does not replace listening, because personal tastes are not the same for everyone.
amen brother!

Top Bottom