• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Used to make Hypex Ncore amp cases and might make more!

Aluminati

This is an introduction and interest check.

My name is Matt and I own Aluminati, we design and manufacture high performance car parts but are beginnings were in audio.

Back in 2013 we started designing an amp case called "D~400" for the Ncore 400 module. It had great success with over 20 pairs of them being used around the world but it was time to move on.

Since we stopped making audio solutions we've received emails asking about these and other amp cases.

If enough interest arises we could run another batch or two. Running one pair of amp cases is not cost effective.

See pictures below.

garbulky

Major Contributor
This is an introduction and interest check.

My name is Matt and I own Aluminati, we design and manufacture high performance car parts but are beginnings were in audio.

Back in 2013 we started designing an amp case called "D~400" for the Ncore 400 module. It had great success with over 20 pairs of them being used around the world but it was time to move on.

Since we stopped making audio solutions we've received emails asking about these and other amp cases.

If enough interest arises we could run another batch or two. Running one pair of amp cases is not cost effective.

See pictures below.

Matt, are you Kraemer kid from the old Emotiva forums? We miss you over there :)

OP
Aluminati

Aluminati

Hi Matt. Welcome to the forum. Those cases look amazing. Is there an amazing price that go with them? :) I imagine machining that bit chunk of aluminum is not cheap.
Thank you!

It is rather expensive to machine from solid billet but it's always the most fun :)

When I was selling these they went for around $1,500 without amp modules.

Happy new year!

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Well they look absolutely fabulous and will definitely keep things cool.

The price however is utterly frightening. It's casework for people who value jewelry looks more than internal substance in my opinion.

At the end of the day, it's yet another pretty box containing amplifier 'solutions'. Every component piece along the line is high profit, so there is not much of a value proposition for the poor guy at the end is there?

That said, I am very impressed. :)

garbulky

Major Contributor
Keep in mind that these aren't mass produced cases. Matt has done several custom peices before which were also stellar.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
When I was selling these they went for around $1,500 without amp modules.
The price however is utterly frightening. It's casework for people who value jewelry looks more than internal substance in my opinion.
Aluminati, would that be at a retail price or added to the distributor price of a finished amp?
Actually RJ, even being the Cheapskate here, I was surprised the price was so low. Considering the cost of billet aluminum and the time put into the CNC machining I would have guessed more. If I had $3k or so to spend on a complete amp, I'd love to have that beautiful piece of jewelry at the center of my shrine. Specially when you consider there are folks spending 10X that for a interconnect cable. LOL

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Considering the cost of billet aluminum and the time put into the CNC machining I would have guessed more.

Billet aluminium of that size is how much? $2000-$4000 per ton? Machined out of round billet stock I presume? Still struggling to see $1500 (per case or a pair) including the CNC time, but once you start finishing/anodizing etc, costs can go out the window.

I have to say though, the more I look at those anodized black ones, I'm almost justifying a pair as I type... :)

Last edited:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

westyjeff

2 DIY N400 mono block kits to the USA is $1560 with cases, Add $1500 or $3000 is going to be hard to justify even though they look fantastic!!

Last edited:

gtb75

Add me to the interested list! I have been happy with my Kismets, but Amir's review Ncore kits has me curious about alternatives. I would assume a chassis milled out of a solid block of aluminum like these would minimize resonance and would dissipate heat well. At the very least they look beautiful! They kind of remind me of the Ayre MX-R.

OP
Aluminati

Aluminati

Happy new year guys!!

They would be around $1,500 for a pair of mono block cases. I used to sell these as completed amps but that is not something I want to get back into. So these are DIY on your end but very easy to put together.

The whole reason I created this design was to push the edge, look around most manufactures take the simple road and charge a lot of money for a stamped chassis.

My audio design passion started back in 2012 (I was 24 years old!!! lol) and I have made some really cool things.

See more projects below :)

My CNC mill is always busy with other projects but if enough interest arises I could run a batch or two. But if not I got to share my passion with you guys and that's worth something too :)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Sweet, and I find the price beyond reasonable.
If you looked to the high end manufacturers for something of similar quality you'd pay a LOT more.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
They would be around $1,500 for a pair of mono block cases.
That's much more reasonable.

I have a CNC machine for woodworking and had to create similar organic textures. I resorted to modulating/programming the toolpath rather than 3-D modeling of the shapes. Is that how you do it?

How long does it take to machine one of these cases?

Top Bottom