• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi Audio TB10D Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 18 7.0%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 74 28.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 135 52.5%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 30 11.7%

• Total voters

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
There is no old version in the market now
That’s not true either. This is what I see at the time of the post.

https://amzn.eu/d/fFZssE7

673FBB53-EC0A-4685-A193-FAC7423BBAE7.jpeg

Jeromeof

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
It happens in lots of industries (especially more technical ones) - you only have to do is look at the specs of the latest laptops. Guaranteed the battery life specs are mostly when someone isn't using it ;) (i.e. the screen is blank and its not running any software) and the CPU speed specifications can only be recreated when its plugged in and being cooled inside a freezer.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Fosi Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Now if only @Fosi Audio made the new version available with the same 50% off offer on Amazon.co.uk ;)
Wow, 20% off offer on Amazon.com with this code WM45TDZV, it goes into effect on September 30.
As for amazon.co.uk, the new version is still on boat!

mctron

Wow, 20% off offer on Amazon.com with this code WM45TDZV, it goes into effect on September 30.
As for amazon.co.uk, the new version is still on boat!
Thanks, now add that tone defeat switch for the next version ;)

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Few years ago, I had ordered a similar product for background (not critical listening) music, elsewhere in the house.
It had arrived with a 19Vdc wall-wart, whereas it was being advertised/sold as 24Vdc brick.
When the seller was badgered about questionable bait&switch tactics, I was first told that it was done to avoid premature op-amp failures.
Next, I was told that they could send me a 24Vdc replacement. I insisted 'false advertisement' and requested a refund and a free return...
I ended up getting the amp for free!:D I had a 24Vdc source as replacement for the 19Vdc and it has not complained yet!

Xduoo Audio

Dealer
@Xduoo Audio (FYI @amirm)
Are you the manufacturer of Xduoo product or related to it?? How come you do not have a Manufacturer Avatar badge here?? Please clarify ... it helps with how we perceive your posts here going forward. Thank You.
I am not the manufacturer of xDuoo, but I represent their products.

Xduoo Audio

Dealer
SINAD stands for SIgnal to Noise And Distortion.

It is a measure of how low the noise and distortion of a device is compared to the signal. In other words, how accurately the device reproduces the music.

It is one measure among many, but it is useful as a headline, because a device that performs well here will probably perform well in most of the other measurements.

A Sinad of 100dB means the combined noise and distorition is 100dB lower than the signal. That is very low indeed. If the signal is (say) 2V out of an unbalanced connection, then the noise and distortion will be around 0.00002V (100,000 times lower)
Thank you for the explanation.

Do you mean SINAD = SNR / THD?

So for the test, the Signal to Noise is 84dB or 97dB? And the Distortion refers to the THD+N Ratio, which is 0.015945%? Right?

Michou

What do you mean by tone defeat switch?
I believe the original poster means an extra switch to manually bypass the tone controls in the manner of many other amplifiers which come equipped with a "pure direct", "flat" or "tone defeat" switch usually intended to turn off any tone controls out of the signal path.

Last edited:

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Thank you for the explanation.

Do you mean SINAD = SNR / THD?

So for the test, the Signal to Noise is 84dB or 97dB? And the Distortion refers to the THD+N Ratio, which is 0.015945%? Right?
SINAD is pretty much the inverse of THD+N (combination of Distortion and Noise). Though I think the precise method of calculating the value might be slightly different.

mctron

I believe the original poster means an extra switch to manually bypass the tone controls in the manner of many other amplifiers which come equipped with a "pure direct", "flat" or "tone defeat" switch usually intended to turn off any tone controls out of the signal path.
Yes this is what I mean @Fosi Audio - because it is shown that the knobs do not have any indication of centering and the frequency is not flat at center anyway

Talisman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I believe that every product must be carefully reviewed and evaluated on the basis of the asking price.
an amplifier with these characteristics at this price is a good product, if it cost 30 euros it would be fantastic, if it cost 2000 it would be crap.
Not even I am happy to read these power specifications which do not make any sense and I would like the manufacturers to agree on the measurement conditions (for example THD at 1%) so we can all get an idea of at least the real deliverable power. But I also realize that if everyone writes absurd values, the only one who writes the correct value gets screwed.

The small amplifier in question for me is excellent for the amount required, for a secondary system with undemanding speakers it will be fine.
I don't understand those who say that "if I can spend 70 then I don't spend at all, I'll put it aside". This speech simply does not make sense, for someone 70 is already the maximum available for an amplifier, or they are simply not so passionate as to want to spend more, in this case this product does its job very well, without offering top performance but maintaining an absolute decency.

I would like to point out that I bought and gave my father a very cheap audio system, with a Fosi T20 amplifier (with the preamp valves that my 75-year-old dad likes so much) and connected to two lonpoo lp42s, and the result is absolutely delightful, so I think there is room on the market for this kind of cheap but decent solutions.

Random Joe

The computer audio guys (Logitech etc) did it a while back with their sub/sat PC speakers with the three amplifiers in the sub and a little volume pot you had on the desk.
Can confirm, those THX systems really thump- ran my Logi 5300 rig nigh on 15 years. Way, WAY more than adequate for a PC system (real potential to annoy the neighbors) and only moved away from it a year or so ago as I got into these little amps mostly because I just got tired of the controller- not exactly the best user interface for adjusting levels on the fly (other than volume) and unfortunately a proprietary unit which connected with a serial port. Pulled the amplifier off the sub and still use it as a passive at my desktop with a Fosi BT30D- sooo much easier to adjust levels with the Fosi.

As for the 10D, I got one on their tester program and it was more than enough power for PC use. Sounded good, none of the hum/buzz others like CAM mentioned and overall, was what one would expect. I have no input on using it to fill a room or shake the pillars of heaven with $20k speakers, but it seemed 100% fine for a casual user like me. Yes, I got it free, so take with a grain of salt that I was 'paid' but it did everything it said it would do I expected it to do nonetheless. Gave it to my old man for his garage PC, which will be a perfect match for the Nuemi BS5's he doesn't know he'll be getting soon. The only downside for my use case is I occasionally use bluetooth, which this does not have.

Last edited:

JSmith

Master Contributor
It's lucky to get bass/treble control... let alone a tone control by-pass for a $70 amp.

JSmith

Fosi Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Thank you for explaining, we will consider adding the defeat-tone switch or centering position.

Fosi Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Yes this is what I mean @Fosi Audio - because it is shown that the knobs do not have any indication of centering and the frequency is not flat at center anyway
Thank you for your advice, we will consider adding the defeat-tone switch or centering position.

Top Bottom