• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi Audio TB10D Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 18 7.0%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 74 28.7%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 136 52.7%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 30 11.6%

• Total voters

Bruce Morgen

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I don't understand the difference between revealing and holding up.

As I see it, "holding up" carries an expectation that in the case of a sub-$100 product is unrealistic IMO.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
@amirm or anyone who has this, is easy to tell when the unit's bass and treble controls are in neutral(+/-0) or is a guessing game?
It is a guessing game. There is no detent and center 12:00 is not flat. It really needs a tone defeat switch.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It is a guessing game. There is no detent and center 12:00 is not flat. It really needs a tone defeat switch.
This would be already for me a reason not to buy it, a hard to understand choice.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
to me that's endlessly infuriating... then again i'm not a fan of bass treble balance but not having a detent... i mean if it had a detent it proably would not be flat anyway

i'm in two minds about Fosi products... they're super cheap especially on their sale line but at best they are just a tad bit a little over mediocre at best?

Fosi Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Device "reviewed" by Cheapaudioman some months ago and he absolutely trashed it. Complained about noise and unit sounding bad. Different strokes, I guess but I am still curious to hear comments from users that actually listened to it Here is a link FYI:
This is the upgraded version, and the noise is only 372 uV now.

Fosi Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
It is currently half-price today on amazon.co.uk, 50% off 69.99UKP, roughly equivalent to $38.00.

Lots of reviewers complaining about noise and hiss...
This is the upgraded version, the noise is only 387UV now
1664346471558.png

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't see why a product that claims the specs it does an fails so miserably would be recommended.

I guess you only hold up certain companies to their claimed specifications.

• MAX Power Output up to 600Watts. TB10D adopts TI TPA3255 high-performance Class-D power amplifier chip enabling true premium sound quality. TPA3255 features an advanced integrated feedback design and proprietary high-speed gate driver error correction (PurePath Ultra-HD). This technology allows ultra low distortion across the audio band and superior audio quality. The device is operated in AD-mode, and can drive up to 2 x 315 W into 4-Ω load at 10% THD and 2 x 150 W unclipped into 8-Ω load.
Like I say - this class of amp is always specced based on the chipamp datasheet. Here is the description of the data sheet on TI's site:

Screenshot 2022-09-28 at 07.43.20.png

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
i dont know how anyone can complain about power... 40w @ 8 ohm w/ good thd at this price and size?

JSmith

Master Contributor
There is no old version in the market now
Hey Fosi Audio, welcome to ASR and thanks for sending in this product for testing/review. :)

With respect to the above though, what about businesses that still have stock of the older release with the same model number? Or are you confident there are none?

JSmith

Fosi Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
I still have a pair of these well-reviewed Sony 3-way speakers which I bought on Amazon for little money when they were on special ($73.00). Spent more on shipping costs than on the speakers themselves and they sound utterly atrocious. Worthless. Waste of money.
This is the upgraded version and the noise is only 372uV
1664346471558.png

PeteL

Major Contributor
Different price ranges of products are evaluated differently. If this thing cost USD $200-300 it wouldn't have earned a happy panther -- and a high level of spec exaggeration is very, very common at this product's minuscule price point. Moreover, neither Amir nor anyone else is in a position to "hold up certain companies to their claimed specifications" -- panthers are assigned as per actual performance delivered for money spent regardless of whether advertising hype is involved.
The fact that it's common doesn't make it right. And it is in fact one of the mainspring of this site, to keep companies in check and verify if their products does what they claim it does. Times and times again it is the main rationale for bashing products. I am surprised that you have not noticed that at this point. Indeed it is a departure from what is normally considered a pass/fail. It also used to be about pure performance, not performance for the dollar, bad is bad even if it's given to you, many conclusions in the past where not influenced by the value in dollars, I'm a bit lazy to dig them up now but it happened many times that Amir clearly stated he was not factoring the price in his evaluation.

Last edited:

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The fact that it's common doesn't make it right. And it is in fact one of the mainspring of this site, to keep companies in check and verify if their products does what they claim it does. Times and times again it is the main rationale for bashing products. I don't get that you have not noticed that at this point. Indeed it is a departure from what is normally considered a pass/fail. It also used to be about pure performance, not performance for the dollar, bad is bad even if it's given to you, many conclusions in the past where not influenced by the value in dollars, I'm a bit lazy to dig them up now but it happened many times that Amir clearly stated he was not factoring the price in his evaluation.
Similarly can't be bothered to dig it up - but he has more recently stated that he changed that approach.

Top Bottom