• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Beta Test: Multitone Loopback Analyzer software

Sokel

Master Contributor
Ok,I did your way too with the new version:

before.PNG

Normal

after.PNG

The way I do it.

your way.PNG

Your way,difference is that also reports infinite dbfs.

The difference as far as I can see is in noise.

Edit:Tried to replicate it in the same session without closing MT and I couldn't.
In only happens if I close and restart MT regardless if there is any history entry or not.
It also happens the same way with the history entries already in the history if restarted.

Edit 2:
Restarted PC too,just in case,same results.

Edit 3:
Tried with other devices too,it does the same,I include the exported file for you to see.

Last edited:
OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Ok,I did your way too with the new version:

View attachment 233331

Normal

View attachment 233332

The way I do it.

View attachment 233333

Your way,difference is that also reports infinite dbfs.

The difference as far as I can see is in noise.

Edit:Tried to replicate it in the same session without closing MT and I couldn't.
In only happens if I close and restart MT regardless if there is any history entry or not.
It also happens the same way with the history entries already in the history if restarted.

Edit 2:
Restarted PC too,just in case,same results.

Edit 3:
Tried with other devices too,it does the same,I include the exported file for you to see.

I don't see infinite level in my testing. Somehow the level was recorded as zero, but I don't seem to be able to get the same result.

The noise level difference after import and restart is interesting. Let me see if I can hunt it down.

Sokel

Master Contributor
I understand :) I don’t see this in my testing. Is this something you can reproduce?
No,that is really random,I tried 10 times.
The interesting thing is that noise is going up constantly about 3-3.5db after the importing:
(that's the Xover)

Xover.PNG

normal

after.PNG

after importing.

Tried with different sample rates too,the same.

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Rantapossu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Let's try this one more time, if you can, please:

https://app.box.com/s/qbrh3czrvudclkqs9n8lm806k3hzmjx5

Thanks!

Unfortunately none of the last versions got the history alignment completely right.

Right after the measurement:

1664217840315.png

Without restarting MT or exporting the measurement I just double clicked the last result from the "History" -window. It looks almost the same, but there's many differences (There's two red circles, but there is more than two slight differences):

1664218745447.png

When I select the same measurement at the "History" -window, the red line doesn't match the white line, but it looks a lot like the first picture:

1664218165725.png

Looks like that double clicking the measurement gives the wrong graph and ticking the box gives the right one to me...

Rantapossu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
There's a selection bug too:

Nothing is selected on the history window:

1664219322019.png

After the click to the top label "21:42:21" (not the "Select" -tick box): The graph appears without asking and selection is still "off":

1664219533727.png

Clicking the next label, the previous line tick box activates and the next graph becomes visible:

1664219634112.png

And it continues and continues as long you click the label texts:

1664219785013.png

Clicking the color selector gives the same result, but the "Description" and "Time" doesn't do that. And "Select" of course does it, because it's supposed to do so... ;)

1664220016056.png

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

View attachment 233412

After the click to the top label "21:42:21" (not the "Select" -tick box): The graph appears without asking and selection is still "off":

View attachment 233418

Clicking the next label, the previous line tick box activates and the next graph becomes visible:

View attachment 233419

View attachment 233420

Clicking the color selector gives the same result, but the "Description" and "Time" doesn't do that. And "Select" of course does it, because it's supposed to do so... ;)

View attachment 233421

I've a great idea on how to fix all these problems! I'm going to remove the History feature :p

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

View attachment 233412

View attachment 233418

View attachment 233419

View attachment 233420

View attachment 233421

Alrighty then... Let's give it one more college try before I decide to completely rip out the History feature ;)

https://app.box.com/s/qbrh3czrvudclkqs9n8lm806k3hzmjx5

I changed the behavior slightly (double click now only works on the description or time columns, since these are not editable, the other columns do whatever they'd normally do if you click on them twice).

Top Bottom