• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kef ls50 meta vs ls50 wireless 1

TheMadcap

I wonder how do these two compare.

I have original ls50 with exposure 2010 amp, and now I've got the itch. I've got a brand new ls50 meta offer for 1170 euro, and used ls50 wireless 1 for 1550 euro. Does it make sense to move to these from ls50? Does ls50 wireless have reliable electronics that won't cause any problems?

How about another direction, like kef r3 or dali rubicon 2.

tifune

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My experience, which seems to be echoed around forums although there's always the possibility it's a vocal minority, is that I wouldn't ever again buy a Kef with the onboard electronics unless it was the only option in the form factor I was after (LS60). App performance, reliability, and overall usefulness were simply atrocious on the LSX.

Between the options given, I'd go R3 unless it's for desktop/nearfield.

MCH

Major Contributor
Hi themadcap, i cannot answer your queation, but i feel the price for the wireless i used is a bit excessive. I certainly don't know where you are based, i guess in europe as you mention euros. As reference I see the wireless i sell in germany new for 1400 eur/pair and used for ca. 1000 eur.
Hope it helps.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
For not much more you can get the Wireless II. I have been using it for quite some time on a daily basis with a lot of different sources (radio, music and TV). It is stable, the sound is very nice and it is easy to use. The only thing I miss is the capacity to add room correction easily and the capacity to add extra channels. Perhaps that will change in the future

If you already have good electronics, the passive may be more interesting.

OP
T

TheMadcap

Hi themadcap, i cannot answer your queation, but i feel the price for the wireless i used is a bit excessive. I certainly don't know where you are based, i guess in europe as you mention euros. As reference I see the wireless i sell in germany new for 1400 eur/pair and used for ca. 1000 eur.
Hope it helps.

Thanks for the information, I'm in Turkey, just converted prices to euro for the convenience.

For not much more you can get the Wireless II. I have been using it for quite some time on a daily basis with a lot of different sources (radio, music and TV). It is stable, the sound is very nice and it is easy to use. The only thing I miss is the capacity to add room correction easily and the capacity to add extra channels. Perhaps that will change in the future

If you already have good electronics, the passive may be more interesting.
Exposure 2010 is not that good I think, but I might upgrade it to topping la90. Here wireless ii is sold for 3900 euros brand new.
My experience, which seems to be echoed around forums although there's always the possibility it's a vocal minority, is that I wouldn't ever again buy a Kef with the onboard electronics unless it was the only option in the form factor I was after (LS60). App performance, reliability, and overall usefulness were simply atrocious on the LSX.

Between the options given, I'd go R3 unless it's for desktop/nearfield.
Is Lsx that bad, never thought it could be.

OP
T

TheMadcap

A new deal is appeared, kef wireless ii red for 3.050 euros. I guess that is a good option.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
I got my pair along with a KC62 for that price. I don't know about your finances, but Studio 22 (a Spanish store that sells online too) sells the Wireless II for significantly less. They currently have KEF stuff on discount, so take a look if you're interested.

OP
T

TheMadcap

Unfortunately here in Turkey, regular price is 3900. Hence 3050 euro is sort of a deal. I wonder if studio22 delivers to Turkey.

Top Bottom