• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are the best pre amp with streaming under 2000$? what ports they need to have?

• Thread starter Deleted member 51459
  • Start date
OP
D

Deleted member 51459

MiniDSP SHD is quite objectively the best choice.

A streaming pre-amp that does not have room correction is silly. Where would you insert DRC? Another A/D and D/A roundtrip?

There aren't that many streaming pre-amp with room correction. NAD C658 is another option.

NAD M17, Lyngdorf MP-40, Trinnov, etc are all way above the $2000 price point.
i will go with m33

curiouspeter

Addicted to Fun and Learning
i will go with m33

My Powernode N330 occasionally did not wake up fully from standby, requiring a restart. I have seen similar complaints for the M10 and the C700. I have written to Blusound but they claimed that was normal and NOT defective because of HDMI.

BluOS has left a bad taste in my mouth. I also disliked the app a lot.

Well, it was good to know the unit was not defective. I can now sell it in good conscience.

Check if the M33 has similar operational or usability issues. The Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 is a competitor to the M33. It may not measure as well, but my user experience with the TDAI-1120 has been awesome.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

My Powernode N330 occasionally did not wake up fully from standby, requiring a restart. I have seen similar complaints for the M10 and the C700. I have written to Blusound but they claimed that was normal and NOT defective because of HDMI.

BluOS has left a bad taste in my mouth. I also disliked the app a lot.

Well, it was good to know the unit was not defective. I can now sell it in good conscience.

Check if the M33 has similar operational or usability issues. The Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 is a competitor to the M33. It may not measure as well, but my user experience with the TDAI-1120 has been awesome.
blue sound have nothing do to with nad in terms of quality yes they use same software but their sinad is lower and terrible compared to nad m series m33.

i dont have lyndorf reseller.
M33 will have 2 years full warranty when warranty is close to the expiration i can sale it or something...... if i got issues if i got issues when its brand new they will repair or replace.

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think I told the OP to buy the M33 three weeks ago. Oh yeah it was a BIG no then.

curiouspeter

Addicted to Fun and Learning
blue sound have nothing do to with nad in terms of quality yes they use same software but their sinad is lower and terrible compared to nad m series m33.
I am seeing similar issues for the M10 and the C700 on the support forum.

With HDMI, I guess they can always blame the TV. But my Sonos AMP and my Lyngdorf never had an HDMI issue.

It does not matter how good the hardware is, you still have to interact with the software, which is the same BluOS.

i dont have lyndorf reseller.
M33 will have 2 years full warranty when warranty is close to the expiration i can sale it or something...... if i got issues if i got issues when its brand new they will repair or replace.
What about an online reseller?

(We are lucky there is an awesome reseller in SF. They also have Gryphon stuff, LOL.)

Warranty is a good thing but:
  1. it is still a big hassle to deal with
  2. it will not help if the manufacturer claims "normal behavior" or blames "the other guy"

Fun fact: Peter Lyngdorf used to own NAD.

BTW, I don't remember seeing M33-specific issues. Perhaps it is fine. Still, it uses BluOS.

Last edited:
OP
D

Deleted member 51459

I am seeing similar issues for the M10 and the C700 on the support forum.

With HDMI, I guess they can always blame the TV. But my Sonos AMP and my Lyngdorf never had an HDMI issue.

It does not matter how good the hardware is, you still have to interact with the software, which is the same BluOS.

What about an online reseller?

(We are lucky there is an awesome reseller in SF. They also have Gryphon stuff, LOL.)

Warranty is a good thing but:
  1. it is still a big hassle to deal with
  2. it will not help if the manufacturer claims "normal behavior" or blames "the other guy"

Fun fact: Peter Lyngdorf used to own NAD.

BTW, I don't remember seeing M33-specific issues. Perhaps it is fine. Still, it uses BluOS.
i dont have tv
i dont use hdmi,
if i have issues with specific output i will change my cable for example if i have aux issues i will go to opcial, hdmi and others i will escape this nasty bug. Lyngdorf prices are insane, and not much dealerships

I am aware that warranty is joke, i use to have many warranty claims for JBL and other brands due to defective products...
No online reseller or offline lyndorf is boutique brand like roll royce.
I think I told the OP to buy the M33 three weeks ago. Oh yeah it was a BIG no then.

M33 cost fortune
even with discount is more than 3600$ for simple amp to drive my speakers which i got for 800$ ?
Due to availability issues with other nad and non nad products and limited availability or products they make me do it ...

i payed the product today but i dont know when they will gonna ship it they are slow and lazy which i dont like.
i hope i will be amazed with sound stage if not i will need to upgrade my speakers etcs...

Top Bottom